Digital TV News: Steve Russell
Together TV and Red Bee launch social purpose streaming service
May 4, 2022 – Together TV has launched its free to use streaming service with Red Bee Media. Together TV selected Red Bee Media's OTT streaming capability for its flexibility of branding, content management, video monetisation and organisation.
News categories: Red Bee, Together TV, Nowtilus, Steve Russell, Alexander Kann, Advertising, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Streaming, UK
VumaTV goes global with Red Bee Media
Oct 19, 2021 – With support from Red Bee Media, and using dynamic ad-insertion technology from Nowtilus, VumaTV is launching globally, providing broadcast-grade streaming, via subscription and ad-based video-on-demand.
News categories: Red Bee, Nowtilus, VumaTV, Steve Russell, Patrick Knippel, Alberto Marzan, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Highview Capital and Firstlight to acquire Quickplay from AT&T
Mar 3, 2020 – Highview Capital has announced that it has partnered with Firstlight Media to acquire Quickplay from AT&T (NYSE: T). Firstlight will merge with Quickplay, a provider of managed solutions for distributing video content to IP-connected devices.
News categories: Firstlight, Highview Capital, André Christensen, Ryan McCarthy, Steve Russell, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MandA, Streaming, Worldwide
Red Bee Media achieves 3.5 second latency for live OTT
Apr 11, 2019 – Red Bee Media has reached record low latency on their live OTT feed during NAB 2019 – reaching as low as 3.5 seconds, glass to glass which is faster than traditional broadcasting feeds. This accomplishment was achieved using commoditized cloud-based, open source standard technology, utilizing open internet connectivity only.
News categories: Red Bee Media, Steve Russell, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Streaming, Worldwide
Thirty-nine more companies join the SRT Alliance
Mar 21, 2019 – The SRT Alliance has announced that 39 more companies have recently endorsed the SRT protocol for low latency video streaming, including broadcast industry giants Imagine Communications, Net Insight, Red Bee Media and Telestream.
News categories: SRT Alliance, David Heppe, Steve Russell, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, NABShow, Streaming, Worldwide
- Infovista enables user experience testing for OTT and 5G apps and services
- UAE TV viewership research launched at CABSAT 2022
- Another record month for U.S. streaming in April
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $224 billion in 2027
- Conviva data shows double digit streaming growth worldwide
- Nielsen deduplicates audiences across Smart TV and streaming providers
- 605 extends agreement to use VIZIO ACR data
- Pluto TV launches in the Nordics
- U.S. home entertainment spending up 10.9% to $8.7 billion in 1Q 2022
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost 1,956,000 subscribers in 1Q 2022
- 3SS and ContentWise to use AI to power personalized user experiences
- NOS shows international holographic transmission using 5G
- Telestream acquires Encoding.com
- Hisense unveils its first Smart TV with Fire TV built-in
- Conviva announces streaming audience measurement standard
- iWedia launches ATSC 3.0 software stack
- SVOD reaches saturation in Sweden
- CTV surpasses mobile's share of global video impressions
- Global SVOD subscriptions to grow by 485 million from 2021 to 2027
- European VOD Coalition officially inaugurated