Digital TV News: Streaming Video Alliance
Qwilt CDN technology rolling out to NCTC member networks across the US
Jul 20, 2022 – The NCTC and Qwilt have announced progress on an initiative to create a nationwide federated CDN. As of June 2022, 100+ NCTC members have signed up to deploy this upgrade in their networks, and the program is still open for qualifying members.
News categories: Qwilt, National Cable Television Cooperativ, Alon Maor, Jared Baumann, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, USA
Vecima expands IPTV footprint at Blue Ridge Communications
Jun 2, 2022 – Vecima has expanded its MediaScale IP Video Streaming footprint at Blue Ridge Communications. The Vecima platform is being scaled to handle additional subscribers on the TiVo-fueled Blue Ridge experience and improve delivery of video traffic.
News categories: Vecima, Blue Ridge, TiVo, Dan Gledhill, Mark Maisenheimer, Jeff Glahn, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, USA
CDN market expected to more than double to $23.9 billion by 2030
Mar 22, 2022 – ABI Research expects the global CDN market to more than double by 2030, reaching $23.9 billion. The growth is driven in part by services beyond core content delivery and caching. The buildup to the metaverse will create additional growth opportunities.
News categories: ABI Research, Michael Inouye, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
Streaming Video Alliance announces new technical specifications
Mar 10, 2022 – The Streaming Video Alliance has approved new technical specifications. The Configuration Interface documents specify the motivational drivers, use cases, and standards for a configuration interface to facilitate interoperability within the CDN and Open Caching ecosystems.
News categories: Streaming Video Alliance, Jason Thibeault, Glenn Goldstein, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Qwilt offers unified CDN for NCTC members
Nov 8, 2021 – NCTC and Qwilt have launched an initiative to upgrade NCTC member networks with Qwilt's CDN technology and services. NCTC members that deploy the solution will be federated together into a unified CDN.
News categories: Qwilt, NCTC, Alon Maor, Lou Borrelli, Jared Baumann, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Streaming Video Alliance tests caching API interoperability
Aug 26, 2021 – The Streaming Video Alliance has demonstrated interoperability of its APIs between multiple providers on its Open Caching Testbed. The testbed is intended to validate the Open Caching concept and the Alliance's specifications.
News categories: Streaming Video Alliance, Broadpeak, Telefónica, Jason Thibeault, Alicia Pritchett, Chris Hock, Guillaume Bichot, Francisco Cano, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Broadpeak demonstrates Streaming Video Alliance Open Caching APIs
Mar 25, 2021 – Broadpeak has performed a live demonstration of Streaming Video Alliance Open Caching APIs. The APIs enable local caching which reduces traffic across a telecom operator's core network and improves QoE.
News categories: Broadpeak, Streaming Video Alliance, Guillaume Bichot, Jason Thibeault, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Streaming Video Alliance releases new technical specifications
Dec 22, 2020 – The Streaming Video Alliance has announced that two technical specifications are now available - the Open Caching Performance Measurement Specification and the Securing Streaming Video Specification.
News categories: Streaming Video Alliance, Jason Thibeault, Content Protection, Digital TV, QoE, Streaming, Worldwide
Online viewing continues to gain ground on traditional broadcast TV
Feb 13, 2020 – Online viewing is gaining ground on traditional broadcast TV, according to CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) and Streaming Video Alliance research. Over 80% of consumers are streaming more video than 3 years ago and nearly half of respondents define TV as being delivered over the internet.
News categories: CenturyLink, Streaming Video Alliance, Rory McVicar, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward
- Go Addressable becomes industry trade body
- NorDig releases IRD 3.2.1 and Test Plan 3.2.1 specs
- Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery
- Growth in global SVOD subscriptions to continue
- LG announces organizational restructuring
- HbbTV updates Operator Application specification
- Bouygues Telecom streams video in Multicast ABR with Broadpeak
- iWedia releases test solution for HbbTV device compliance
- Utomik to bring cloud gaming to VIDAA Smart TVs
- Avid provides Iceland's RÚV with ingest and playout solution
- Global pay TV penetration to fall for the first time in 2024