Digital TV News: Sudheer Sirivara
HBO Max becomes Max
May 22, 2023 – HBO Max has become Max. The launch introduces a new Ultimate Ad-Free tier that will offer four concurrent streams, up to 100 offline downloads and nearly 8x more films and episodes of 4K HDR content than HBO Max.
News categories: Warner Bros. Discovery, Sudheer Sirivara, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Globant simplifies OTT app workflow with Microsoft Azure
Apr 8, 2019 – Globant has announced the availability of Signal OTT, a platform-as-a-service (PaaS) offering on Microsoft Azure. This will help media houses and content publishers reach and engage users across device form factors and drive new revenue streams through delightful experiences.
News categories: Globant, Microsoft Azure, Russ Whitman, Diego Tártara, Sudheer Sirivara, Apps, Digital TV, Streaming, UX, Worldwide
24i Media delivers AI optimized discovery and recommendations with Microsoft Azure
Apr 3, 2019 – In a move to empower its customers to make their video services more personalized, powerful and intuitive, 24i Media has integrated Microsoft Azure Media Services: Video Indexer into its product line, enabling customers to build enhanced search experiences into their apps.
News categories: 24i Media, Microsoft Azure, Martijn van Horssen, Sudheer Sirivara, Big Data, Digital TV, NABShow, Streaming, UX, Worldwide
Telestream offers media processing in Microsoft Azure
Apr 2, 2019 – Telestream has announced that its Vantage Cloud Port media processing services have been qualified to run on Microsoft Azure. Vantage Cloud Port allows Cloud execution of Vantage processing actions using containerized micro-services with engines identical to on-prem services.
News categories: Telestream, Microsoft Azure, Anna Greco, Sudheer Sirivara, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Worldwide
Ittiam HEVC codec available through the Azure Media Services Premium Encoder
Apr 9, 2018 – Ittiam Systems has announced that it has licensed its i265 HEVC Codec to Microsoft Azure to enable video encoding services. Ittiam’s i265 HEVC Codec will be available through the Azure Media Services Premium Encoder.
News categories: Ittiam Systems, Microsoft Azure, Dirk Peters, Sudheer Sirivara, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
ZoneTV, Ooyala and Microsoft use AI to create customizable TV channels
Jul 25, 2017 – ZoneTV will utilize media logistics tools from Ooyala plus Video Indexer, part of Microsoft Cognitive Services, to automate the curation of content of a customizable suite of linear TV channels which will launch this fall.
News categories: Ooyala, Zone·tv, Microsoft Azure, Jonathan Huberman, Jeff Weber, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
Industry Players Unite to Promote MPEG-DASH Adaptive Streaming
Feb 22, 2012 – A group of technology leaders has announced the creation of the DASH Promoters Group, a new organization dedicated to driving the broad adoption of MPEG's DASH (dynamic adaptive streaming over HTTP) standard, which was ratified in November 2011.
News categories: DASH Promoters Group, Streaming
- SKT, Deutsche Telekom, e&, Singtel and SoftBank plan LLM JV
- TiVo signs four operators for TiVo Broadband
- U.S. streaming revenue to overtake pay TV in 2024
- WTCI enhances broadcast quality and compliance with Actus Digital
- Broadpeak elevates mobile video streaming with Deutsche Telekom and Microsoft
- Accedo offers end-to-end XR solution for pay TV operators
- ThinkAnalytics and Channel 4 renew partnership
- Kaon and AMT to distribute TiVo STBs in North America
- Comscore adds Local TV to campaign ratings platform
- PlayBox Neo playout selected by Orange TV in Florida
- U.S. TV viewing hits four-year high in January
- North America to lose another 10 million pay TV subscribers
- At least 40% of campaigns in Europe to run on CTV
- Titan OS selects OneTrust as data privacy partner
- Pixalate releases Q4 2023 CTV device market share report
- RTL Deutschland and ProSiebenSat.1 join forces in adtech
- EU approves Orange, MásMóvil joint venture with conditions
- Foxtel reveals pricing and retail partners for Hubbl
- Turkcell partners with Qwilt and Cisco to boost content delivery
- Global TV shipments in 2023 down 2.7% YoY at 195 million units