Digital TV News: Sunil Taldar
Irdeto secures Airtel Xstream 4K set-top box
Sep 15, 2019 – Bharti Airtel has selected Irdeto to securely deliver content on its Airtel Xstream 4K Hybrid Box. The STB, based on Android 9.0, brings satellite TV and OTT content together on a single device, secured by Irdeto Cloaked CA.
News categories: Irdeto, Bharti Airtel, Doug Lowther, Sunil Taldar, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBC2019, India, Satellite, Set Top Box
Airtel renews long-term partnership with Synamedia
Apr 24, 2019 – Synamedia has announced that it has extended its relationship with Bharti Airtel in India. Airtel will continue to use VideoGuard to safeguard its content, and manage and monetize the set-top box experience using Synamedia’s Foundation platform.
News categories: Synamedia, Airtel, Sue Couto, Sunil Taldar, Content Protection, Digital TV, India, Satellite, Set Top Box, UX
Irdeto to secure content on Airtel’s Digital TV platform
Sep 15, 2018 – Irdeto has partnered with Bharti Airtel to secure all content offered on Airtel’s Digital TV services. As part of the partnership, Irdeto will deploy its security solutions to secure the linear channels offered on the STB and the content offered on Airtel’s hybrid Android TV platform.
News categories: Irdeto, Airtel, Doug Lowther, Sunil Taldar, Android TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, India, Satellite, Set Top Box
Tata Elxsi to build software for Airtel's Internet TV STB
Sep 14, 2018 – Tata Elxsi has announced that it has extended its partnership with Airtel’s DTH service arm – Airtel Digital TV. As part of this, Tata Elxsi will build the application software for the company’s hybrid set-top-box, Internet TV.
News categories: Tata Elxsi, Airtel, K P Sreekumar, Sunil Taldar, Digital TV, IBC2019, India, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box
BARC India partners with Airtel Digital TV for Return Path Data
Mar 7, 2018 – BARC India has tied up with Airtel Digital TV to include its subscriber homes in the BARC India Return Path Data (RPD) Panel. This partnership will provide fillip to BARC India’s plan of scaling up panel homes to multiples of the mandated 50,000.
News categories: BARC India, Airtel, Romil Ramgarhia, Sunil Taldar, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, India, Satellite, Set Top Box
Tata Elxsi announces Connected Home Center of Excellence
Jun 19, 2017 – Tata Elxsi's Connected Home Center of Excellence leverages expertise in video, IoT and smart home services, experience of open source middleware such as RDK and Android TV, and solution accelerators to support rapid development and deployment of next-generation Connected Home services.
News categories: Tata Elxsi, Airtel, K P Sreekumar, Sunil Taldar, Android TV, Digital TV, India, RDK, Smart Home
Airtel launches ‘Internet TV’ for Digital Homes
Apr 12, 2017 – Airtel Digital TV has launched ‘Internet TV’ – India’s first hybrid STB, powered by Android TV, which brings online content to the TV screen along with a bouquet of over 500 plus satellite TV channels.
News categories: Airtel Digital TV, Netflix, Sunil Taldar, Reed Hastings, Android TV, Digital TV, India, OTT, Satellite, Set Top Box
- Asia Pacific set for 417 million SVOD subscribers
- Comscore sees notable rise in U.S. streaming usage
- Movies Anywhere app comes to LG Smart TVs
- Singtel puts HOOQ into liquidation
- COVID-19 pandemic to reduce global TV brand shipments by 5.8% in 2020
- Six million viewers for Italy's tivùsat
- Wicket Labs adds $1.9m of extra funding
- NENT Group to launch Viaplay in Iceland on April 1st
- TV antenna usage in US broadband households up 25% in 2019
- Coronavirus expected to add 5% to global VOD subscriptions in 2020
- COVID-19 response to bolster cloud gaming revenues
- iQIYI to launch service experience Testing Stations across Asia
- Switch Media's server-side ad insertion integrated with SpringServe's ad platform
- Verimatrix VCAS pre-integrated with Broadcom's Android TV platform
- Sinclair Broadcast adopts Qligent Vision Compliance Monitoring and Analysis
- Comscore reports surge in U.S. in-home data usage
- Limelight adds serverless computing to its edge services platform
- Disney+ rolls out in Europe
- TV panel shipments decreased 3.5% M-o-M in February
- Connected TV landscape is shifting away from paid subscriptions