Digital TV News: Sunil Taldar
Irdeto secures Airtel Xstream 4K set-top box
Sep 15, 2019 – Bharti Airtel has selected Irdeto to securely deliver content on its Airtel Xstream 4K Hybrid Box. The STB, based on Android 9.0, brings satellite TV and OTT content together on a single device, secured by Irdeto Cloaked CA.
News categories: Irdeto, Bharti Airtel, Doug Lowther, Sunil Taldar, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBC2020, India, Satellite, Set Top Box
Airtel renews long-term partnership with Synamedia
Apr 24, 2019 – Synamedia has announced that it has extended its relationship with Bharti Airtel in India. Airtel will continue to use VideoGuard to safeguard its content, and manage and monetize the set-top box experience using Synamedia’s Foundation platform.
News categories: Synamedia, Airtel, Sue Couto, Sunil Taldar, Content Protection, Digital TV, India, Satellite, Set Top Box, UX
Irdeto to secure content on Airtel’s Digital TV platform
Sep 15, 2018 – Irdeto has partnered with Bharti Airtel to secure all content offered on Airtel’s Digital TV services. As part of the partnership, Irdeto will deploy its security solutions to secure the linear channels offered on the STB and the content offered on Airtel’s hybrid Android TV platform.
News categories: Irdeto, Airtel, Doug Lowther, Sunil Taldar, Android TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, India, Satellite, Set Top Box
Tata Elxsi to build software for Airtel's Internet TV STB
Sep 14, 2018 – Tata Elxsi has announced that it has extended its partnership with Airtel’s DTH service arm – Airtel Digital TV. As part of this, Tata Elxsi will build the application software for the company’s hybrid set-top-box, Internet TV.
News categories: Tata Elxsi, Airtel, K P Sreekumar, Sunil Taldar, Digital TV, IBC2020, India, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box
BARC India partners with Airtel Digital TV for Return Path Data
Mar 7, 2018 – BARC India has tied up with Airtel Digital TV to include its subscriber homes in the BARC India Return Path Data (RPD) Panel. This partnership will provide fillip to BARC India’s plan of scaling up panel homes to multiples of the mandated 50,000.
News categories: BARC India, Airtel, Romil Ramgarhia, Sunil Taldar, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, India, Satellite, Set Top Box
Tata Elxsi announces Connected Home Center of Excellence
Jun 19, 2017 – Tata Elxsi's Connected Home Center of Excellence leverages expertise in video, IoT and smart home services, experience of open source middleware such as RDK and Android TV, and solution accelerators to support rapid development and deployment of next-generation Connected Home services.
News categories: Tata Elxsi, Airtel, K P Sreekumar, Sunil Taldar, Android TV, Digital TV, India, RDK, Smart Home
Airtel launches ‘Internet TV’ for Digital Homes
Apr 12, 2017 – Airtel Digital TV has launched ‘Internet TV’ – India’s first hybrid STB, powered by Android TV, which brings online content to the TV screen along with a bouquet of over 500 plus satellite TV channels.
News categories: Airtel Digital TV, Netflix, Sunil Taldar, Reed Hastings, Android TV, Digital TV, India, OTT, Satellite, Set Top Box
- Mobile to provide 40% of SVOD subscriptions
- Comscore finds U.S. VOD transactions peaked in April
- Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs
- Dataxis compares Europe, Latam with U.S. AVOD market
- HEVC Advance royalty rates to remain at current levels
- Alphonso signs ACR distribution deals with Seiki and Skyworth
- Market turbulence to boost UK digital video market
- THEO Technologies and Synamedia form HESP Alliance
- U.S. consumers spend nearly seven hours per week watching online video
- NEXTGEN TV launches at four TV stations in Salt Lake City
- FCC designates Huawei and ZTE as national security threats
- STARZPLAY available from UPC Switzerland
- Verizon Media launches TV tune-in attribution with Inscape
- Eros Now partners with Dish TV India
- NexGuard watermarking integrated into AWS Elemental MediaConvert
- TRAI reports pay TV numbers for India at end-2019
- Altibox takes Verimatrix security into the Cloud
- Consolidated Communications introduces CCiTV in Texas
- Brat TV chooses Amagi to expand streaming TV footprint
- Churn rate for U.S. OTT services at 41% in Q1 2020