Digital TV News: Tom Gibbons
Ericsson to acquire Microsoft Mediaroom
Apr 8, 2013 – Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) has reached an agreement with Microsoft (NASDAQ: MSFT) to acquire its TV solution Mediaroom business. Closing is expected during the second half of 2013.
News categories: Ericsson, Microsoft, Per Borgklint, Tom Gibbons, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware
Telefónica and Microsoft to Deploy New Global Video Platform
Nov 15, 2012 – Telefónica (Madrid, NYSE: TEF) and Microsoft (NASDAQ: MSFT) have announced an agreement to create a new Global Video Platform (GVP) for all video entertainment services across Telefónica's Operating Businesses.
News categories: Telefónica, Microsoft, Vivek Dev, Tom Gibbons, Brazil, Chile, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, OTT
FiOS TV-Powered Entertainment Experience Coming Soon to Xbox 360
Oct 5, 2011 – Verizon (NYSE, NASDAQ: VZ) and Microsoft (NASDAQ: MSFT) have announced an agreement that will open the door to a new FiOS TV-powered entertainment experience for the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system.
News categories: Verizon, Xbox, Digital TV, Gaming, IPTV, USA
- Carbon Trust releases white paper on CO2 impact of streaming
- Vewd offers ATSC 3.0 integration options
- Broadpeak's CDN and Multicast ABR power Megacable's Xview+
- TEGNA selects TVSquared for ad measurement and attribution
- Lünecom deploys IPTV solution from ocilion in Northern Germany
- Gigared chooses Appear to deliver to TVs in Argentina
- Kabelnoord extends service to Samsung and LG TVs with 24i
- First football match broadcast over 5G in Portugal
- HD PLUS operator app available on Samsung Smart TVs in Ghana
- More than 11 million addressable TVs for VIZIO in the U.S.
- Viant ad platform integrates TiVo TV viewership data
- WarnerMedia trials national addressable TV with Comscore
- UK broadcasters launch ad campaign measurement tool
- Síminn creating TV bundles using Red Bee Channel Store
- MetaX launches Smart TV commercialization platform
- Only 20% of streaming subscribers content to stay with providers
- Sky NZ selects Intertrust ExpressPlay DRM cloud service
- Evolution Digital Android TV box selected by TDS Telecom
- Sappa selects Appear to deliver live TV in Sweden
- Accedo supports Telecine Play Smart TV app development