Digital TV News: USB-IF
IHS Markit Analysis: The Wired Interface Technology Market
Aug 14, 2017 – According to IHS Markit, the number of devices that will have at least one external wired interface port is forecast to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of around 24 percent, from 1.7 billion devices in 2016 to 5.2 billion devices in 2021.
News categories: IHS Markit, Dinesh Kithany, Norman Akhtar, Market Research, Smart Home, Worldwide
HDMI releases alternate mode for USB Type-C connector
Sep 1, 2016 – HDMI Licensing has released its HDMI Alternate Mode ('Alt Mode') developed for the USB Type-C specification. This will allow HDMI-enabled sources to utilize a USB Type-C connector to directly connect to HDMI-enabled displays.
News categories: HDMI Licensing, USB-IF, Rob Tobias, Jeff Ravencraft, Digital TV, Smart Home, Smart TV, Worldwide
ITE Achieves One-Million-Unit Shipment of RF Integrated DVB-T Receiver Single Chip
Feb 18, 2011 – ITE Tech. Inc (TAIEX: 3014) has announced that it has shipped more than one million units of RF integrated DVB-T receiver single chip IT9130 series.
News categories: ITE Tech., Digital TV, Market Research, Semiconductor
ITE Announces Availability of RF Integrated DVB-T Receiver
Nov 20, 2010 – ITE Tech. has announced the availability of its new state-of-the-art RF integrated receiver IT9130 series family for the most widely adopted DVB-T digital terrestrial TV standard.
News categories: ITE Tech., Digital TV, ICs, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
UWB-based Short Range Wireless Technology to Have a Profound Impact on Future Mobile Device Communications
May 19, 2008 – Wireless USB, based on the WiMedia Alliance's Ultrawideband (UWB) common radio platform which is promoted by USB Implementers Forum (USB-IF), is slowly garnering attention from mobile device manufacturers as it has exhibited efficient power consumption.
News categories: Frost & Sullivan, Market Research, Mobile, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Smart TV, Tablet
Focus Enhancements' UWB and TV-out Technology Receives Strong Customer Response at CES 2007
Jan 16, 2007 – Focus Enhancements (NASDAQ: FCSE) summarized its attendance at the 2007 CES. Focus Enhancements showed portable media devices incorporating its high definition media semiconductor chips.
News categories: Focus Enhancements, CES2023, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Tablet
- Conviva data shows double digit streaming growth worldwide
- Nielsen deduplicates audiences across Smart TV and streaming providers
- 605 extends agreement to use VIZIO ACR data
- Pluto TV launches in the Nordics
- U.S. home entertainment spending up 10.9% to $8.7 billion in 1Q 2022
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost 1,956,000 subscribers in 1Q 2022
- 3SS and ContentWise to use AI to power personalized user experiences
- NOS shows international holographic transmission using 5G
- Telestream acquires Encoding.com
- Hisense unveils its first Smart TV with Fire TV built-in
- Conviva announces streaming audience measurement standard
- iWedia launches ATSC 3.0 software stack
- SVOD reaches saturation in Sweden
- CTV surpasses mobile's share of global video impressions
- Global SVOD subscriptions to grow by 485 million from 2021 to 2027
- European VOD Coalition officially inaugurated
- 7.9 million Disney+ subscribers added in 1Q 2022
- Gaumont launches SVOD on Netgem Content-as-a-Service platform
- AMC+ coming to Orange Spain's entertainment offering in June
- Liberty Global video subscribers down 21,900 in Q1 2022