Digital TV News: William Wade
AsiaSat 6 to provide video services in China
Jan 18, 2016 – The State Administration of Press, Publication, Radio, Film and Television of The People’s Republic of China (SAPPRFT) has recently given permission for AsiaSat 6 to serve Chinese broadcasters for video distribution to cable headends in China.
News categories: AsiaSat, SAPPRFT, William Wade, Cable TV, China, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite
AsiaSat announces UHD broadcast initiative in Asia
Jun 2, 2015 – AsiaSat has announced a plan to deploy Asia’s first dedicated Ultra HD (UHD) broadcast platform. Initially using a C-band transponder on AsiaSat 4 at 122°E, the UHD platform, based on DVB-S2 and HEVC, will be able to deliver 2-5 full time UHD channels.
News categories: AsiaSat, William Wade, Asia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite
VIVA+ DTH launches in Indonesia
Apr 22, 2014 – AsiaSat and Digital Media Asia have announced the launch of VIVA+, a prepaid direct-to-home (DTH) satellite service on AsiaSat 5 at 100.5°E serving the fast-growing Indonesian pay DTH market.
News categories: AsiaSat, Digital Media Asia, David Khim, William Wade, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Indonesia, Satellite
AsiaSat Launches New DVB-S2 C-band Distribution Platform
Apr 4, 2011 – AsiaSat (Hong Kong: 1135) is expanding its broadcasting services to offer a new C-band DVB-S2 MCPC (Multiple Channels per Carrier) distribution platform with wide coverage over the Asian and Australasian regions.
News categories: AsiaSat, Asia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-S2, Oceania, Satellite
Dish TV India Uses AsiaSat 5 to Expand DTH Offerings
Feb 10, 2011 – AsiaSat (HKSE: 1135) has announced that Dish TV India (NSE: DISHTV EQ, BSE: 532839) will be utilising four 54 MHz Ku-band transponders on AsiaSat 5 to enhance its HD and SD Direct-to-Home (DTH) offerings in India.
News categories: AsiaSat, Dish TV India, Content Distribution, India, Satellite
- WarnerMedia announces further launch partners for HBO Max
- Tru Optik offers cross-device OTT measurement for free
- Bloomberg TV+ 4K UHD channel launches on Samsung TV Plus
- LG transfers TV manufacturing capacity to Indonesia
- Nordija delivers TV and media platform for Telenor Sweden
- Telestream integrates Ad-ID validation to ensure correct ad placement
- AT&T closes DIRECTV Latin America operations in Venezuela
- IFA 2020 to go-ahead as an invitation-only event in Berlin
- A1 Slovenia launches personalized TV with Zappware
- Astro Malaysia makes Ultra Box available to IPTV customers
- COSMOTE TV deploys private CDN with Synamedia
- 67% of US broadband households using at least one connected video device
- FCC to vote on plan to clear the way for ATSC 3.0 internet services
- Eros Now enters Bangladesh in partnership with Allianz Holdings
- Global OTT revenues to reach $167 billion in 2025
- U.S. sees largest first quarter multichannel subscriptions decline to-date
- COVID-19 to have limited impact on telecoms and pay TV spending in 2020
- UK SVOD market to grow 100% over next five years
- 8.2% growth in Smart Speaker sales in Q1 2020 despite COVID-19
- Over half of Americans feel voice control is essential in smart devices