Digital TV News: William Wade
AsiaSat 6 to provide video services in China
Jan 18, 2016 – The State Administration of Press, Publication, Radio, Film and Television of The People’s Republic of China (SAPPRFT) has recently given permission for AsiaSat 6 to serve Chinese broadcasters for video distribution to cable headends in China.
News categories: AsiaSat, SAPPRFT, William Wade, Cable TV, China, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite
AsiaSat announces UHD broadcast initiative in Asia
Jun 2, 2015 – AsiaSat has announced a plan to deploy Asia’s first dedicated Ultra HD (UHD) broadcast platform. Initially using a C-band transponder on AsiaSat 4 at 122°E, the UHD platform, based on DVB-S2 and HEVC, will be able to deliver 2-5 full time UHD channels.
News categories: AsiaSat, William Wade, Asia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite
VIVA+ DTH launches in Indonesia
Apr 22, 2014 – AsiaSat and Digital Media Asia have announced the launch of VIVA+, a prepaid direct-to-home (DTH) satellite service on AsiaSat 5 at 100.5°E serving the fast-growing Indonesian pay DTH market.
News categories: AsiaSat, Digital Media Asia, David Khim, William Wade, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Indonesia, Satellite
AsiaSat Launches New DVB-S2 C-band Distribution Platform
Apr 4, 2011 – AsiaSat (Hong Kong: 1135) is expanding its broadcasting services to offer a new C-band DVB-S2 MCPC (Multiple Channels per Carrier) distribution platform with wide coverage over the Asian and Australasian regions.
News categories: AsiaSat, Asia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-S2, Oceania, Satellite
Dish TV India Uses AsiaSat 5 to Expand DTH Offerings
Feb 10, 2011 – AsiaSat (HKSE: 1135) has announced that Dish TV India (NSE: DISHTV EQ, BSE: 532839) will be utilising four 54 MHz Ku-band transponders on AsiaSat 5 to enhance its HD and SD Direct-to-Home (DTH) offerings in India.
News categories: AsiaSat, Dish TV India, Content Distribution, India, Satellite
- 52% of U.S. Smart Speaker owners are controlling TV with voice
- TV sets still dominate video entertainment consumption
- MENA SVOD revenues to triple
- Tulix creates streaming platform for launch of Vidgo content
- 605 earns SOC 3 security certification
- Ampersand launches platform for audience-based TV advertising
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 149,000 in 4Q 2019
- 'Swisscom TV X' combines Netflix and TV content
- Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
- U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- NürnbergMesse acquires SCaT India Tradeshow
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020