Digital TV News: iSpot
TVision concludes $16m investment round led by iSpot
Nov 15, 2022 – TVision has closed an investment round of $16m for the continued transformation and modernization of its person-level panel measurement. The round was led by iSpot along with continued support from SIG Capital, Accomplice, and Golden Ventures.
News categories: TVision, iSpot, Yan Liu, Sean Muller, Sean Cunningham, Kelly Abcarian, Andrea Zapata, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Streaming, USA, Venture Capital, Worldwide
Crackle Plus extends measurement relationship with iSpot.tv
Jul 6, 2022 – Crackle Plus (Nasdaq: CSSE) has renewed its relationship with iSpot.tv. iSpot.tv will continue to provide its Unified Measurement to the brands working with Crackle Plus to quantify the incremental reach delivered over linear.
News categories: Crackle, iSpot.tv, Darren Olive, Stu Schwartzapfel, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Frost & Sullivan names Samba TV #1 in TV viewership data capability
Jun 23, 2022 – Frost & Sullivan has released findings of an analysis assessing the capabilities of eight leading television data providers. The '2022 Frost Radar on Television Viewership Data Providers' found Samba TV to be the leader in TV data capabilities.
News categories: Samba TV, Frost & Sullivan, Ashwin Navin, Robert Cavin, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA, Worldwide
8-10% of streaming ad impressions play when the TV is shut off
Jun 13, 2022 – GroupM has partnered with media companies in the advertising industry to create new standards in streaming viewability and CTV measurement. The initiative follows a study with iSpot that quantifies inflated CTV ad delivery counts and reveals that, on average, 8-10% of streaming impressions play when the TV is shut off.
News categories: GroupM, iSpot.tv, Kirk McDonald, Sean Muller, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Conviva announces streaming audience measurement standard
May 16, 2022 – Conviva is to unveil a streaming audience measurement standard to be released for general availability at CES 2023. The expansion is in partnership with premium streaming providers using Conviva’s real-time cloud sessionization technology.
News categories: Conviva, Keith Zubchevich, Advertising, Big Data, CES2023, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Goldman Sachs to put $325 million into iSpot.tv
Apr 27, 2022 – iSpot.tv has signed an agreement with funds managed by Goldman Sachs Asset Management for a $325 million investment. iSpot, which has raised $58 million since being founded in April 2012, now generates over $100 million in annual recurring revenues.
News categories: iSpot.tv, Goldman Sachs, Sean Muller, Leonard Seevers, Joon Park, Advertising, Digital TV, USA, Venture Capital
WarnerMedia and IPG Mediabrands run audience-based currencies comparison
Apr 7, 2022 – WarnerMedia Ad Sales and IPG Mediabrands have launched a test-and-learn for alternative measures of video ad performance to provide a side-by-side look at three contenders in the alternative currency space when running the same campaigns.
News categories: WarnerMedia, MAGNA, IPG Mediabrands, JP Colaco, Dani Benowitz, Brian Hughes, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Crown Media selects iSpot.tv to power ad measurement
Mar 15, 2022 – iSpot.tv and Crown Media Family Networks have made a TV advertising measurement agreement covering Hallmark Channel, Hallmark Movies & Mysteries and Hallmark Drama in the U.S. The deal gives Crown Media access to a suite of ad measurement capabilities across its network portfolio.
News categories: iSpot.tv, Crown Media, Stuart Schwartzapfel, Ed Georger, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Tremor International grows TV data reach to 44 million U.S. households
Feb 17, 2022 – Tremor International has announced the increased scale of its data-driven TV Intelligence solution. Its TV Intelligence footprint now reaches 44 million US households, with a dataset sourced from smart TVs and eighteen MVPD providers.
News categories: Tremor International, Jessica La Rosa, Yan Liu, Stuart Schwartzapfel, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
- Prime Video heads Parks Associates list of top U.S. SVOD services
- VIDAA brings football to Google TV and Android TV
- Deloitte predicts ads on all streaming services
- Hybrid AVOD/SVOD to drive major subscription platforms
- Consumer VR shipments in China to approach 7 million units in 2026
- Tulix and WiseDV power Hollywire CTV channel on Samsung TV Plus
- Pluto TV debuts in Canada
- Disney Clean Room technology integrated with VideoAmp
- Smart TV shipments in India up 38% YoY in Q3 2022
- VR device shipments to bounce back in 2023
- Seven Network partners with Imagine Communications
- Fixed Wireless Access forecast to top 300 million connections in six years
- Breezeline expands fiber services in New Hampshire
- U.S. consumers watch over six hours of video per week on their mobiles
- Semiconductor market expected to decline slightly in 2023
- 6G-Datacast.tv offers datacasting protocol for ATSC 3.0
- Bedrock powers RTL streaming service in Hungary
- KONKA plans GCC region expansion
- Dyn Media chooses Deltatre to deliver end-to-end OTT service
- Globecast providing cloud playout and distribution for EarthxTV