Digital TV News: Cablevisión
Evolution Digital launches Android TV device management platform
Jun 2, 2020 – Evolution Digital has launched the Evolution Device Manager (eDM) cloud-based SaaS solution to operators deploying eSTREAM 4K, powered by Android TV. eDM is a hosted platform that enables management, administration and control of eSTREAM 4K devices in the field.
News categories: Evolution Digital, Cash Hagen, Android TV, Digital TV, QoE, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Vidéotron acquires Cable Amos
Dec 23, 2019 – Vidéotron has agreed to acquire Télédistribution Amos (Cable Amos) and its network. The Québec telecom leader expects that residents living in Cable Amos’ service area will be able to join its subscriber family in the coming months.
News categories: Videotron, Cable Amos, Jean-François Pruneau, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, MnA
TekSavvy TV launching across Ontario
Jul 15, 2019 – TekSavvy, with Hastings Cablevision, has announced the launch of its IPTV service, TekSavvy TV, across the province of Ontario, following successful launches in the Chatham-Kent, Ottawa & Toronto regions.
News categories: TekSavvy, Hastings Cable Vision, Marc Gaudrault, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV
Liberty Latin America acquires remaining 40% of Liberty Cablevision of Puerto Rico
Oct 17, 2018 – Liberty Latin America (NASDAQ: LILA; LILAK, OTC Link: LILAB) has announced that it has acquired the remaining 40% stake in Liberty Cablevision of Puerto Rico from funds affiliated with Searchlight Capital Partners.
News categories: Liberty Latin America, Searchlight Capital Partners, Liberty Puerto Rico, Balan Nair, Eric Zinterhofer, Naji Khoury, Cable TV, Digital TV, MnA, Puerto Rico
Lebanon's CableVision to launch IPTV with Meatel, Alpha Networks, Amino, Broadpeak and Viaccess
Sep 16, 2018 – Lebanon's CableVision is soon to launch an IP-based entertainment service that has been integrated by Meatel and enabled by a service delivery platform from Alpha Networks, Amino client devices, Broadpeak’s CDN and Viaccess’ security suite and media player.
News categories: Broadpeak, Viaccess, Alpha Networks, Amino, Cablevision, Fabrice Bellanger, Arnaud Alvarez, Pascal Birot, Bart Vanderostyne, Bassam Jaber, Samer Elia, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, IPTV, Lebanon, Media Player, Mobile, Set Top Box
U.S. STB energy efficiency agreement saves $3.5 billion
Aug 9, 2018 – Consumers have saved $3.5 billion, and more than 20 million metric tons of CO2 emissions have been avoided as a result of the voluntary set-top box energy conservation agreement among pay-TV providers, manufacturers and energy efficiency advocates, according to D+R International.
News categories: CTA, ACEEE, NRDC, NCTA, D+R International, Doug Johnson, Jennifer Amann, Noah Horowitz, Neal Goldberg, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box, USA
Synacor tackles TV Everywhere password abuse
Apr 4, 2018 – Synacor (NASDAQ: SYNC) has announced 'Forever Login' to curb Pay TV password sharing. The cloud feature lets operators balance easy subscriber access with control over the maximum number of devices and the length of time before viewers need to login again.
News categories: Synacor, Service Electric Cablevision, John Kavanagh, Scott Young, Content Protection, Digital TV, TV Everywhere, Worldwide
U.S. set-top box energy efficiency voluntary agreement extended
Mar 15, 2018 – The CTA and NCTA have announced a four-year extension of the Voluntary Agreement for Ongoing Improvement to the Energy Efficiency of Set-Top Boxes, initially signed in 2012. The extended agreement is expected to save consumers energy and avoid CO2 emissions.
News categories: NCTA, Consumer Technology Association, Neal Goldberg, Doug Johnson, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Satellite, Set Top Box, USA
Service Electric Cablevision selects TiVo’s Next-Gen Platform
Feb 13, 2018 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced that Service Electric Cablevision, serving internet, TV, phone residential and commercial services to Pennsylvania, has chosen TiVo’s Next-Gen Platform to bring entertainment to its customers.
News categories: TiVo Corp, Service Electric, Michael Hawkey, Scott Young, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
- Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs
- HEVC Advance royalty rates to remain at current levels
- Alphonso signs ACR distribution deals with Seiki and Skyworth
- THEO Technologies and Synamedia form HESP Alliance
- U.S. consumers spend nearly seven hours per week watching online video
- NEXTGEN TV launches at four TV stations in Salt Lake City
- FCC designates Huawei and ZTE as national security threats
- STARZPLAY available from UPC Switzerland
- Verizon Media launches TV tune-in attribution with Inscape
- Eros Now partners with Dish TV India
- NexGuard watermarking integrated into AWS Elemental MediaConvert
- TRAI reports pay TV numbers for India at end-2019
- Altibox takes Verimatrix security into the Cloud
- Consolidated Communications introduces CCiTV in Texas
- Brat TV chooses Amagi to expand streaming TV footprint
- Churn rate for U.S. OTT services at 41% in Q1 2020
- Origin Broadband launches Origin TV in the UK with Netgem
- Mobile operators to generate 170 million SVOD subscribers
- NLogic and TVbeat bring holistic TV ad management to Canada
- Netflix, Hulu user numbers fell as COVID-19 measures were relaxed