Digital TV News: Cablevisión
Altice USA makes offer for Cogeco to get hold of Atlantic Broadband
Sep 2, 2020 – Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) has presented an offer to acquire Cogeco. Altice USA plans to sell Cogeco's Canadian assets to Rogers Communications (TSX:RCI.A and RCI.B, NYSE: RCI) so as to be left with ownership of Atlantic Broadband.
News categories: Altice USA, Cogeco, Rogers Communications, Atlantic Broadband, Dexter Goei, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, MnA, USA
Evolution Digital launches Android TV device management platform
Jun 2, 2020 – Evolution Digital has launched the Evolution Device Manager (eDM) cloud-based SaaS solution to operators deploying eSTREAM 4K, powered by Android TV. eDM is a hosted platform that enables management, administration and control of eSTREAM 4K devices in the field.
News categories: Evolution Digital, Cash Hagen, Android TV, Digital TV, QoE, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Vidéotron acquires Cable Amos
Dec 23, 2019 – Vidéotron has agreed to acquire Télédistribution Amos (Cable Amos) and its network. The Québec telecom leader expects that residents living in Cable Amos’ service area will be able to join its subscriber family in the coming months.
News categories: Videotron, Cable Amos, Jean-François Pruneau, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, MnA
TekSavvy TV launching across Ontario
Jul 15, 2019 – TekSavvy, with Hastings Cablevision, has announced the launch of its IPTV service, TekSavvy TV, across the province of Ontario, following successful launches in the Chatham-Kent, Ottawa & Toronto regions.
News categories: TekSavvy, Hastings Cable Vision, Marc Gaudrault, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV
Liberty Latin America acquires remaining 40% of Liberty Cablevision of Puerto Rico
Oct 17, 2018 – Liberty Latin America (NASDAQ: LILA; LILAK, OTC Link: LILAB) has announced that it has acquired the remaining 40% stake in Liberty Cablevision of Puerto Rico from funds affiliated with Searchlight Capital Partners.
News categories: Liberty Latin America, Searchlight Capital Partners, Liberty Puerto Rico, Balan Nair, Eric Zinterhofer, Naji Khoury, Cable TV, Digital TV, MnA, Puerto Rico
Lebanon's CableVision to launch IPTV with Meatel, Alpha Networks, Amino, Broadpeak and Viaccess
Sep 16, 2018 – Lebanon's CableVision is soon to launch an IP-based entertainment service that has been integrated by Meatel and enabled by a service delivery platform from Alpha Networks, Amino client devices, Broadpeak’s CDN and Viaccess’ security suite and media player.
News categories: Broadpeak, Viaccess, Alpha Networks, Amino, Cablevision, Fabrice Bellanger, Arnaud Alvarez, Pascal Birot, Bart Vanderostyne, Bassam Jaber, Samer Elia, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, IPTV, Lebanon, Media Player, Mobile, Set Top Box
U.S. STB energy efficiency agreement saves $3.5 billion
Aug 9, 2018 – Consumers have saved $3.5 billion, and more than 20 million metric tons of CO2 emissions have been avoided as a result of the voluntary set-top box energy conservation agreement among pay-TV providers, manufacturers and energy efficiency advocates, according to D+R International.
News categories: CTA, ACEEE, NRDC, NCTA, D+R International, Doug Johnson, Jennifer Amann, Noah Horowitz, Neal Goldberg, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box, USA
Synacor tackles TV Everywhere password abuse
Apr 4, 2018 – Synacor (NASDAQ: SYNC) has announced 'Forever Login' to curb Pay TV password sharing. The cloud feature lets operators balance easy subscriber access with control over the maximum number of devices and the length of time before viewers need to login again.
News categories: Synacor, Service Electric Cablevision, John Kavanagh, Scott Young, Content Protection, Digital TV, TV Everywhere, Worldwide
U.S. set-top box energy efficiency voluntary agreement extended
Mar 15, 2018 – The CTA and NCTA have announced a four-year extension of the Voluntary Agreement for Ongoing Improvement to the Energy Efficiency of Set-Top Boxes, initially signed in 2012. The extended agreement is expected to save consumers energy and avoid CO2 emissions.
News categories: NCTA, Consumer Technology Association, Neal Goldberg, Doug Johnson, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Satellite, Set Top Box, USA
- Kaltura to migrate Cellcom TV to the Cloud
- Smart Home device market remains resilient despite pandemic
- Roku OS 9.4 to begin roll out to Roku devices
- Armstrong secures VOD launch with Verimatrix
- Global SVOD revenue to grow to $100 billion
- Amazon announces new Fire TV devices and redesigned UX
- ENENSYS announces ATSC 3.0 head end for hybrid delivery
- 605 signs measurement and analytics deal with Walmart
- AdLedger pilots OTT video ad deployment using blockchain
- VR market to grow despite pandemic blow to location-based segment
- Graham Media renews with Comscore for TV measurement
- 317 million SVOD subscriptions for the U.S. in 2025
- Clearcable adds Minerva Networks IPTV platform to offering
- BARB issues invitation to tender for five contracts
- Amino helps Colsecor add SENSA OTT to legacy set-top boxes
- 3SS provides technology for STINGTV app from Yes
- Discovery acquires assets of adtech start-up AdSparx
- SimulTV picks Limelight Edge services for global video delivery
- U.S. pay TV suffers historic cord-cutting
- SpotX unveils programmatic solutions for linear Addressable TV