Digital TV News: GroupM
AudienceProject launches first individually-based addressable TV measurement
Sep 27, 2018 – AudienceProject is launching an Addressable TV measurement solution, based on individual data rather than modelled data. The solution enables true cross-device campaign evaluation at an individual level on connected devices.
News categories: AudienceProject, Finecast, Martyn Bentley, Rich Astley, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT
comScore pilots Campaign Ratings video advertising measurement solution
Jul 31, 2018 – comScore (NASDAQ: SCOR) has announced a pilot of a new video advertising measurement solution called Campaign Ratings. It provides media buyers and sellers with unduplicated measurement of ad campaigns across linear TV, OTT, desktop, and mobile, with streaming measurement powered by Hulu.
News categories: comScore, Bryan Wiener, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Time with online media to surpass linear TV in 2018
May 3, 2018 – GroupM has released a report offering intelligence on consumer media consumption and advertising investment trends worldwide. The report focuses on the impact of technology and digital capabilities on consumers and advertisers.
News categories: GroupM, GroupM, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
NBCUniversal advertising metric measures viewing across both linear and digital
Apr 5, 2018 – NBCUniversal has announced a unified advertising metric, measuring all live, on-demand and time-shifted commercial impressions on every viewing platform. Called CFlight, the metric delivers a comprehensive representation of advertising exposure within full episodes of shows across all screens.
News categories: NBCUniversal, Linda Yaccarino, Lyle Schwartz, David Cohen, John Swift, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Roku introduces Ad Insights Suite
Jan 17, 2018 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has announced an advancement in OTT advertising measurement by introducing Ad Insights. The offering allows marketers to measure campaign reach and effectiveness across linear and OTT.
News categories: Roku, Scott Rosenberg, Marissa Jimenez, Advertising, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA, Worldwide
Connekt brings interactivity and T-Commerce to Hisense Smart TVs
Dec 7, 2017 – Connekt has announced integration of its ShopTV application into Smart TVs made by Hisense. With the integration, consumers can interact and engage with brands and content directly on their TV. Viewers can also purchase the products that interest them through the app.
News categories: Connekt, Hisense, Mike Fitzsimmons, Christopher Clarke, Advertising, Apps, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA
Global TV ad investment to grow 2.2% in 2018
Dec 4, 2017 – GroupM has updated its ad investment forecasts for 2017 and 2018. Globally, television investment will grow 0.4% in 2017 and 2.2% in 2018, but TV will lose one share point this year and another next. China’s regulated TV is the headwind.
News categories: GroupM, Adam Smith, Kelly Clark, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, Worldwide
PeerLogix partners with adsquare for OTT audience targeting
Nov 8, 2017 – PeerLogix (OTC PINK: LOGX) has announced a partnership with adsquare to provide PeerLogix data on adsquare's Audience Management Platform. The partnership will allow buyers in adsquare's platform to purchase PeerLogix's OTT engagement data from over 170 million households.
News categories: PeerLogix, adsquare, Ray Colwell, Tom Laband, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
GroupM launches Finecast, an addressable TV business in the UK
Sep 27, 2017 – GroupM has announced the launch of Finecast, a company delivering precision and accountability to advertising on television. Finecast enables advertisers to precision-target viewers across multiple on demand, linear and live streaming TV environments.
News categories: GroupM, Finecast, Kelly Clark, Jakob Nielsen, Advertising, Big Data, UK
- MediaKind first to deploy latest You.i TV video experience SDK
- TVSquared and Blockgraph partner on TV and cross-channel measurement
- PlayStation 5 launches this November
- BrightLine launches connected TV ad solution
- FIH and NAGRA launch Watch.Hockey app
- Gracenote enables cross-platform search and discovery for sports content
- VR headset market expected to grow despite short-term decline
- Pay TV in Portugal grows 4.1% YoY in 1H 2020
- Liberty Puerto Rico launches Hub TV powered by TiVo
- Verizon Media offers header bidding-like solution for OTT publishers
- Watch Brasil launches SVOD Smart TV app with Accedo
- ViacomCBS global streaming service to be called Paramount+
- TV3 to trial 5G immersive sport at Superbike World Championship
- Finns prefer to watch streaming services on the TV
- Proximus Pickx Android TV service goes live with 3SS
- Disney+ launches in eight more European countries
- Orange delivers 1.75bn multi-DRM licenses with Viaccess-Orca
- Dotscreen renews metadata deal with Red Bee Media
- Broadpeak powers NPVR service for Orange France
- ZEASN announces Smart TV App Store v3.0