Digital TV News: Magid
Consumer study finds strong appeal for features of ATSC 3.0
Jan 23, 2019 – Research from the Phoenix deployment of Next-Gen Television shows that the new service delivering live, over-the-air TV could increase broadcast TV viewing and drive sales of new television receivers.
News categories: Pearl TV, Magid, Anne Schelle, Bill Hague, ATSC, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
Synamedia solution helps combat rapid rise in OTT account sharing
Dec 17, 2018 – In advance of CES 2019, Synamedia has announced Synamedia Credentials Sharing Insight to help streaming service providers combat the rapid rise in account sharing between friends and families and turn it into a new revenue-generating opportunity.
News categories: Synamedia, Jean Marc Racine, CES, Content Protection, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
Support for ATSC 3.0 announced at NAB Show New York
Oct 17, 2018 – At NAB Show New York, FOX Television Stations; NBC and Telemundo Owned Stations Group; Univision; TEGNA (for Pearl TV), and Nexstar Media Group (for SpectrumCo) announced their collaborative effort and support for the introduction of ATSC 3.0.
News categories: Pearl TV, Jack Abernethy, Valari Staab, Vince Sadusky, Dave Lougee, Perry Sook, ATSC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, USA
Study shows strong interest in ATSC 3.0 Next-Gen Television concept
Oct 16, 2018 – In an update to a 2017 U.S. study, consumers continue to show exceptionally strong interest in the Next-Gen Television service (ATSC 3.0) that will offer free live OTA TV programming with added features.
News categories: Pearl TV, Magid, Anne Schelle, Bill Hague, Brian Markwalter, Digital TV, Market Research, Terrestrial, USA
Connected TV remains on a growth trajectory in the U.S.
May 13, 2016 – American households continue to connect their television sets to the Internet at a rapid pace, and they're doing so using a greater variety of devices. According to Frank N. Magid Associates, 74% of online consumers now have a Connected TV, up sharply from 59% a year ago.
News categories: Magid, Maryann Baldwin, Jill Rosengard Hill, Digital TV, Games Console, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Magid U.S. Study Finds Connected TVs Growing Rapidly
Jun 13, 2012 – The number of U.S. consumers currently accessing the internet through their TV sets is on the rise and will continue to grow dramatically in the year ahead, according to a U.S. consumer study conducted by Frank N. Magid Associates in late March of 2012.
News categories: Magid, Games Console, Market Research, OTT, Smart TV, USA
- Eutelsat confirms the successful launch of EUTELSAT 7C
- Comscore and DISH Media surpass 100 DISH and Sling TV addressable ad campaigns
- TDC selects Mediamorph for its Blockbuster VOD services in the Nordics
- Three-quarters of pay TV operators to gain subs
- Block Communications renews with Nielsen for Local TV data
- Kaltura powers Dish TV India's Watcho OTT platform
- Switch Media adds Bitmovin video player to its MediaHQ product suite
- AdScribe supports Publitalia '80 HbbTV advertising in Italy
- SaT5G project demonstrates 5G over satellite use cases
- Sersat enables content delivery across Latin America via SES-14
- Comcast partners with Charter, Cox on addressable advertising
- Conversant uses Verimatrix Secure Cloud for multi-DRM security
- NCC Media and OpenAP announce advanced TV partnership
- ZTE and Orange show 5G in automotive, robotics and entertainment applications
- WarnerMedia chooses AsiaSat for HD distribution in Asia
- INNOPIA announces Vewd OS-based streaming device
- Sky Deutschland and MX1 expand collaboration
- SK Telecom, Ericsson, Nokia and Samsung partner on 5G and evolution to 6G
- Astro Malaysia adopts Broadpeak's multicast ABR technology
- Global advertising market to grow by +5% this year