Digital TV News: Sonic Solutions
Cineplex Entertainment Launches Digital Download Service via Cineplex.com
Nov 18, 2010 – Cineplex Entertainment (TSX:CGX.UN) has announced that movies can be digitally downloaded into Canadian homes with Download To Own (DTO) and Video on Demand (VoD) services now available at the Cineplex online store.
News categories: Cineplex, Sonic Solutions, Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem, Canada, Content Protection, DRM, OTT
DivX Expands Presence in China through Partnership with Konka
Nov 4, 2010 – DivX (Nasdaq: SNIC) and Konka (SHE: 200016.SZ) have announced a new partnership in which Konka will integrate DivX® technology into its line of 2010 digital TVs (DTVs).
News categories: DivX, Konka, China, Media Player, Smart TV
Dolby Collaborates with Sonic to Bring Dolby Digital Plus to RoxioNow
Nov 3, 2010 – Sonic Solutions (NASDAQ:SNIC) and Dolby Labs. (NYSE:DLB) have announced a collaboration to deliver Dolby® Digital Plus through the RoxioNow™ entertainment platform.
News categories: Dolby, Sonic Solutions, OTT
Leading Entertainment Companies Create Registry for Movie and Television Content
Oct 27, 2010 – A new international coalition has announced the launch of the Entertainment Identifier Registry (EIDR), a non-profit global independent registry that provides a uniform approach to cataloging audio/video assets with unique identifiers (IDs).
News categories: EIDR, CNRI, International DOI Foundation, Content Protection, Digital TV, OTT
DivX Announces First Digital TV Chip with DivX Plus™ HD Certification from MStar
Oct 26, 2010 – DivX® (Nasdaq: SNIC) has announced the DivX Plus™ HD Certification of the latest range of MStar Semiconductor digital TV chips. This is the first MStar DTV chip certified to power DivX Plus HD video based on H.264 technology and using the MKV container.
News categories: MStar Semi, DivX, Media Player, OTT, Semiconductor, Smart TV
MStar Integrates RoxioNow Into Chipset for HDTVs
Sep 14, 2010 – Sonic Solutions® (Nasdaq: SNIC) has announced that the RoxioNow™ premium entertainment platform has been selected by MStar Semiconductor for inclusion in its advanced SoC solutions, which will be used in upcoming connected HDTVs.
News categories: Sonic Solutions, MStar Semi, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Semiconductor, Smart TV
Sonic Solutions and Widevine Team to Expand Mobile Movie Access
Aug 5, 2010 – Sonic Solutions® (Nasdaq: SNIC) and Widevine have announced that they are collaborating to provide retailers the opportunity to offer movie services on a broad array of mobile devices and smart phones from a range of manufacturers.
News categories: Sonic Solutions, Widevine, Content Protection, DRM, Media Player, Mobile, OTT, Portable
Haier Selects Sonic for Digital Movie Delivery
Jul 13, 2010 – Sonic Solutions® (Nasdaq: SNIC) has announced that Haier has chosen the RoxioNow™ platform to provide its customers convenient, trouble-free access to a broad library of Hollywood entertainment.
News categories: Sonic Solutions, Haier, Media Player, OTT, Smart TV, USA
MediaTek Integrates RoxioNow Into Chipset for Blu-ray Disc Players and HDTVs
Jun 29, 2010 – Sonic Solutions® (Nasdaq: SNIC) has announced the availability of the RoxioNow™ premium entertainment platform on MediaTek's (TPE: 2454) advanced Blu-ray Disc SoC solutions as well as HDTV solutions.
News categories: Sonic Solutions, MediaTek, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Media Player, OTT, Semiconductor, Smart TV
- Mongolia's Skymedia upgrades to Minerva 10
- INVIDI extends addressable TV partnership with Tata Elxsi
- Finecast brings audience measurement to Australian BVOD platforms
- SVOD subscriptions grew by 28% in 2019
- ATEME negotiating acquisition of ANEVIA
- Charter residential video customers up 102,000 in 2Q 2020
- QNET Telecom selects ATEME for video transcoding
- Discovery joins On Addressability dynamic ad insertion initiative
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 477,000 in 2Q 2020
- 3SS and Hoppr enable monetization on Android TV
- Liberty Latin America to acquire Telefónica’s operations in Costa Rica
- Amagi delivers 30+ live and linear channels on The Roku Channel
- KDDI selects VisualOn media player for au Smart Pass
- PMG and American Tower partner to accelerate ATSC 3.0 SFN deployment
- Eurofins updates testing services for CI Plus 2.0
- Eutelsat 8 West B selected by Strong Roots for Ethiopian FTA DTH
- Yes partners with Synamedia to achieve broadcast-equivalent latency
- Seven broadcasters launch NEXTGEN TV in Portland, OR
- Global TV panel shipments decline 8.4% YoY in 1H20
- Linear TV remains dominant form of television viewership in 2019