Digital TV News: Sonic Solutions
Cineplex Entertainment Launches Digital Download Service via Cineplex.com
Nov 18, 2010 – Cineplex Entertainment (TSX:CGX.UN) has announced that movies can be digitally downloaded into Canadian homes with Download To Own (DTO) and Video on Demand (VoD) services now available at the Cineplex online store.
News categories: Cineplex, Sonic Solutions, Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem, Canada, Content Protection, DRM, OTT
DivX Expands Presence in China through Partnership with Konka
Nov 4, 2010 – DivX (Nasdaq: SNIC) and Konka (SHE: 200016.SZ) have announced a new partnership in which Konka will integrate DivX® technology into its line of 2010 digital TVs (DTVs).
News categories: DivX, Konka, China, Media Player, Smart TV
Dolby Collaborates with Sonic to Bring Dolby Digital Plus to RoxioNow
Nov 3, 2010 – Sonic Solutions (NASDAQ:SNIC) and Dolby Labs. (NYSE:DLB) have announced a collaboration to deliver Dolby® Digital Plus through the RoxioNow™ entertainment platform.
News categories: Dolby, Sonic Solutions, OTT
Leading Entertainment Companies Create Registry for Movie and Television Content
Oct 27, 2010 – A new international coalition has announced the launch of the Entertainment Identifier Registry (EIDR), a non-profit global independent registry that provides a uniform approach to cataloging audio/video assets with unique identifiers (IDs).
News categories: EIDR, CNRI, International DOI Foundation, Content Protection, Digital TV, OTT
DivX Announces First Digital TV Chip with DivX Plus™ HD Certification from MStar
Oct 26, 2010 – DivX® (Nasdaq: SNIC) has announced the DivX Plus™ HD Certification of the latest range of MStar Semiconductor digital TV chips. This is the first MStar DTV chip certified to power DivX Plus HD video based on H.264 technology and using the MKV container.
News categories: MStar Semi, DivX, Media Player, OTT, Semiconductor, Smart TV
MStar Integrates RoxioNow Into Chipset for HDTVs
Sep 14, 2010 – Sonic Solutions® (Nasdaq: SNIC) has announced that the RoxioNow™ premium entertainment platform has been selected by MStar Semiconductor for inclusion in its advanced SoC solutions, which will be used in upcoming connected HDTVs.
News categories: Sonic Solutions, MStar Semi, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Semiconductor, Smart TV
Sonic Solutions and Widevine Team to Expand Mobile Movie Access
Aug 5, 2010 – Sonic Solutions® (Nasdaq: SNIC) and Widevine have announced that they are collaborating to provide retailers the opportunity to offer movie services on a broad array of mobile devices and smart phones from a range of manufacturers.
News categories: Sonic Solutions, Widevine, Content Protection, DRM, Media Player, Mobile, OTT, Portable
Haier Selects Sonic for Digital Movie Delivery
Jul 13, 2010 – Sonic Solutions® (Nasdaq: SNIC) has announced that Haier has chosen the RoxioNow™ platform to provide its customers convenient, trouble-free access to a broad library of Hollywood entertainment.
News categories: Sonic Solutions, Haier, Media Player, OTT, Smart TV, USA
MediaTek Integrates RoxioNow Into Chipset for Blu-ray Disc Players and HDTVs
Jun 29, 2010 – Sonic Solutions® (Nasdaq: SNIC) has announced the availability of the RoxioNow™ premium entertainment platform on MediaTek's (TPE: 2454) advanced Blu-ray Disc SoC solutions as well as HDTV solutions.
News categories: Sonic Solutions, MediaTek, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Media Player, OTT, Semiconductor, Smart TV
- Switch Media unveils fast-to-market OTT platform
- Allegro DVT acquires Amphion Semiconductor
- Australian SVOD poised to break billion-dollar AU$ barrier
- HEVC Advance adds JVCKenwood, NEC, Intellectual Discovery, and Korean Patent Investment as licensors
- TV Time acquires Mediamorph
- Apple TV App and Apple TV+ coming to the Roku platform
- Amobee launches fraud-free guarantee for Connected TV inventory
- GTPL Hathway digital pay TV subscribers up 150,000 in 3Q 2019
- ARK Multicasting and Microsoft partner for rural broadband and cloud services
- Phoenix Model Market adding 2nd NEXTGEN TV transmission site and SFN
- Orange France Livebox 5 powered by SoftAtHome
- Viewers in Australia feel overwhelmed in streaming battleground
- IPTV subscriptions and ARPU to drive pay TV growth in Japan
- Quality of UI more important than recommendations in video service satisfaction
- Alticast and Triveni Digital to demo ATSC 3.0 app synced to a TV show at NAB NYC
- New Zealand Rugby to become 5% shareholder in Sky NZ
- Consumer spending on technology to be $1.69 trillion in 2019
- BritBox unveils partners in run up to launch
- Dish TV India launches range of 'Smart Connected Devices'
- Limited reach of Apple TV+ and Disney+ hinders services’ adoption