Digital TV News: Sorenson Media
Samsung Licenses Sorenson Spark for Playback of Internet Video on Mobile Devices
Feb 16, 2010 – Sorenson Media has announced that Samsung Electronics has licensed the Sorenson Spark video codec. Samsung will integrate the Sorenson Spark decoder into its mobile phones sold in South Korea and China.
News categories: Sorenson, Samsung, Media Player, Mobile, OTT, Silicon IP
Chips&Media Licenses Sorenson Spark Video Decoder
Aug 24, 2009 – Sorenson Media has announced that Chips&Media has licensed the Sorenson Spark Software Developers Kit (SDK) to include the Sorenson Spark video decoder in Chips&Media's optimized video IP.
News categories: Sorenson Media, Chips&Media, Licensing, Media Player, OTT, Semiconductor, Silicon IP
Imagination Technologies to Include Sorenson Spark Decoder in its Video Cores
Jun 15, 2009 – Imagination Technologies (LSE:IMG) and Sorenson Media have announced that Imagination will include Sorenson Media's Sorenson Spark video decoder in future versions of its line of advanced POWERVR™ VXD video decoder IP cores.
News categories: Sorenson Media, Imagination Technologies, OTT, Semiconductor, Silicon IP
Ittiam and NXP Semiconductors License Sorenson Spark Video Decoder
Jun 2, 2009 – Sorenson Media has announced that Ittiam and NXP Semiconductors have licensed the Sorenson Spark decoder to enable Internet video on consumer electronic devices, including mobile phones, mobile computing devices, set-top boxes and connected TVs.
News categories: Sorenson Media, Ittiam, NXP, Digital TV, Media Player, Mobile, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Sorenson Spark Video Decoder Licensed by Qualcomm for Mobile Video
Apr 29, 2009 – Sorenson Media has announced that its Sorenson Spark video decoder has been licensed by Qualcomm (Nasdaq: QCOM) for chipsets targeted at the next generation of multimedia-rich mobile phones, mobile computing devices, and other consumer products.
News categories: Sorenson, Qualcomm, Digital TV, Licensing, Media Player, Mobile, OTT, Semiconductor
- NBC/Telemundo and NBC Sports offer local TV attribution with TVSquared
- DISH Media taps FreeWheel for both traditional and addressable linear TV
- Comcast and NuEyes enable customers with visual disabilities to see TV with Smartglasses
- Kantar to continue delivering TV trading currency in Israel
- TiVo chooses SpotX for monetization of CTV ad inventory
- SiTune introduces TV tuner for mobile ATSC 3.0 and 5G Broadcast
- Tappx to develop programmatic Server-Side Ad Insertion platform for TV
- TV Analytics market to grow to $655.4 million by 2025
- Telefónica moves RTVE video and radio content to HOTBIRD at 13°E
- VIZIO launches Direct Advertising business
- US media players get on AVOD bandwagon as market revenue soars
- Tru Optik partners with JamLoop for audience targeting on OTT/CTV
- Nordics lose a generation of viewers
- Hotstar releases India Watch Report 2019
- Juniper Research makes Top Ten Tech Predictions for 2020
- A1 Telekom partners with Vubiquity for TVOD launch in Bulgaria
- Strategy Analytics makes Media & Entertainment predictions for 2020
- Undertone and TVadSync create cross-platform TV targeting engine
- Global advertisers to increase adspend by 4.3% in 2020
- Amino and 24i to evolve Youfone's TV offering