Digital TV News: Sorenson Media
Samsung Licenses Sorenson Spark for Playback of Internet Video on Mobile Devices
Feb 16, 2010 – Sorenson Media has announced that Samsung Electronics has licensed the Sorenson Spark video codec. Samsung will integrate the Sorenson Spark decoder into its mobile phones sold in South Korea and China.
News categories: Sorenson, Samsung, Media Player, Mobile, OTT, Silicon IP
Chips&Media Licenses Sorenson Spark Video Decoder
Aug 24, 2009 – Sorenson Media has announced that Chips&Media has licensed the Sorenson Spark Software Developers Kit (SDK) to include the Sorenson Spark video decoder in Chips&Media's optimized video IP.
News categories: Sorenson Media, Chips&Media, Licensing, Media Player, OTT, Semiconductor, Silicon IP
Imagination Technologies to Include Sorenson Spark Decoder in its Video Cores
Jun 15, 2009 – Imagination Technologies (LSE:IMG) and Sorenson Media have announced that Imagination will include Sorenson Media's Sorenson Spark video decoder in future versions of its line of advanced POWERVR™ VXD video decoder IP cores.
News categories: Sorenson Media, Imagination Technologies, OTT, Semiconductor, Silicon IP
Ittiam and NXP Semiconductors License Sorenson Spark Video Decoder
Jun 2, 2009 – Sorenson Media has announced that Ittiam and NXP Semiconductors have licensed the Sorenson Spark decoder to enable Internet video on consumer electronic devices, including mobile phones, mobile computing devices, set-top boxes and connected TVs.
News categories: Sorenson Media, Ittiam, NXP, Digital TV, Media Player, Mobile, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Sorenson Spark Video Decoder Licensed by Qualcomm for Mobile Video
Apr 29, 2009 – Sorenson Media has announced that its Sorenson Spark video decoder has been licensed by Qualcomm (Nasdaq: QCOM) for chipsets targeted at the next generation of multimedia-rich mobile phones, mobile computing devices, and other consumer products.
News categories: Sorenson, Qualcomm, Digital TV, Licensing, Media Player, Mobile, OTT, Semiconductor
- TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
- Amobee launches data marketplace for connected TV and multiscreen advertising
- Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
- Charter agrees deal to distribute Disney streaming services
- Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
- Global smart speaker sales grow 96% to 30.3 million in Q2 2019
- Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
- CBS and Viacom to combine
- U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
- GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient
- Consolidated Communications launches CCiTV in Southern Maine
- HONOR Vision first smart screen device with Huawei's HarmonyOS
- Smart speakers with screens took off in 2018
- LG Uplus adds 92,000 IPTV subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Huawei launches HarmonyOS distributed operating system
- ZTE and China Mobile broadcast China's first 5G sporting event
- Singtel TV subscribers up 1,100 in 2Q 2019
- Deutsche Telekom MagentaTV subscribers up 58,000 in 2Q 2019