Digital TV News: Andrew House
PlayStation VR install base reaches 2 million units worldwide
Dec 7, 2017 – Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) has announced sales milestones. On December 3, 2017, PlayStation 4 (PS4) had cumulatively sold more than 70.6 million units to consumers worldwide, and PlayStation VR (PS VR) had sold more than 2M units.
News categories: Sony Interactive Entertainment, Andrew House, Games Console, Market Research, VR, Worldwide
PS4 sales surpass 30.2 million units worldwide
Nov 25, 2015 – Sony Computer Entertainment (SCE) has announced that the PlayStation4 (PS4) computer entertainment system has cumulatively sold through more than 30.2 million units worldwide. PS4 continues to demonstrate the fastest and strongest growth in PlayStation hardware history.
News categories: Sony Computer Entertainment, Andrew House, Digital TV, Games Console, Market Research, OTT, Worldwide
PlayStation Vue launches on PS3 and PS4 consoles
Mar 18, 2015 – Sony Network Entertainment International (SNEI) and Sony Computer Entertainment (SCE) have announced that PlayStation Vue, their cloud-based TV service, has launched on PlayStation 4 (PS4) and PlayStation 3 (PS3) computer entertainment systems.
News categories: Sony Computer Entertainment, Sony Entertainment Network, Andrew House, Digital TV, Games Console, OTT, USA
Playstation Network to become premium entertainment service brand
Jan 28, 2015 – Sony Computer Entertainment (SCE) and Sony Network Entertainment International (SNEI) have announced that PlayStation™Network (PSN) will be the premium entertainment service brand which encompasses games, TV, video and music services.
News categories: Sony Computer Entertainment, Sony Network Entertainment International, Andrew House, Digital TV, Games Console, OTT, Worldwide
Sony unveils PlayStation Vue cloud-based TV Service
Nov 13, 2014 – Sony has unveiled PlayStation Vue. PlayStation Vue leverages the power of the cloud to combine live, on-demand, and catch-up TV content with a user interface that delivers personalization and simplicity.
News categories: PlayStation, Sony Network Entertainment, Apps, Digital TV, Games Console, OTT, Tablet, USA
PlayStation4 sales surpass 10 million units worldwide
Aug 12, 2014 – Sony Computer Entertainment (SCE) has announced that the PlayStation®4 (PS4™) computer entertainment system has cumulatively sold through more than 10 million units worldwide as of August 10, 2014.
News categories: Sony Computer Entertainment, Andrew House, Games Console, Market Research, Worldwide
PlayStation Network Video Delivery Service for Europe Now Available for PS3 and PSP
Nov 19, 2009 – Sony (NYSE:SNE) has launched its PlayStation®Network video delivery service for Europe. Now available in France, Germany, Spain and the UK the service allows film fans to download movies straight to their PlayStation®3 (PS3™) and PSP™ (PlayStation®Portable).
News categories: Sony Computer Entertainment, Digital TV, France, Games Console, Germany, OTT, Spain, Tablet, UK
- Youfone Android TV service powered by 24i and Amino
- Synamedia launches addressable advertising solution
- Liberty Global to acquire Sunrise Communications by tender offer
- FOX News launches international D2C streaming service
- Ten carriers in Germany and Austria choose Ocilion for IPTV
- BluTV DTH launches in Brazil on EUTELSAT 65 West A
- Viya TV+ launches in the US Virgin Islands with Mirada
- OTT TV and video revenues at $83 billion in 2019
- 41.4% of TVs in Latin America are Smart
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 51,000 in 2Q 2020
- Pirate subscription TV services now a billion-dollar U.S. industry
- PAOK FC OTT platform built with Insys Sport on AWS
- SLING TV in-app guide integrates local OTA channels on LG Smart TVs
- Conviva releases State of Streaming Q2 report
- Stay-at-home providing springboard for French SVOD
- Survata announces enhanced CTV measurement suite
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding