Digital TV News: Dave Shull
TiVo launches TiVo+ streaming platform and TiVo EDGE STB
Oct 1, 2019 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has revealed TiVo+, its video network, and TiVo EDGE, a device for home entertainment viewing. TiVo+ delivers live and on-demand streaming to viewers in an app-free environment. TiVo EDGE is a 4K UHD box, designed to work with an HD antenna or digital cable.
News categories: TiVo Corp, Dave Shull, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, USA, UX
Liberty Latin America selects TiVo for roll out in Puerto Rico
Sep 13, 2019 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced that Liberty Latin America has selected TiVo’s Next-Gen Platform for its video customers in Puerto Rico. Liberty Latin America also plans to launch the platform in other markets across Latin America.
News categories: TiVo Corp, Liberty Latin America, Dave Shull, Vivek Khemka, Cable TV, Digital TV, Latin America, Puerto Rico, Set Top Box, UX
Layer3 TV announces allHD Platinum
Sep 14, 2016 – Layer3 TV is launching the next generation of cable. Layer3 TV is embracing the majority of consumers who demand a full bundle by offering a robust HD programming package with select 4K.
News categories: Layer3, Lindsay Gardner, Justin Connolly, Cable TV, Digital TV, USA
DISH secures rights to Disney, ABC & ESPN content for OTT service
Mar 4, 2014 – Disney (NYSE:DIS) and DISH Network (NASDAQ:DISH) have announced an agreement that will provide DISH customers with access to Disney’s content across TVs, PCs, smartphones, tablets, gaming consoles and connected devices.
News categories: DISH Network, Walt Disney, Joseph P. Clayton, Anne Sweeney, John Skipper, Dave Shull, Digital TV, OTT, Satellite, USA
DISH Network Introduces Online Video Portal with Live TV Integration
Aug 24, 2010 – DISH Network (Nasdaq: DISH) has introduced DISHOnline.com, the only online video portal that integrates live and recorded TV with more than 150,000 popular movies, TV shows, clips and trailers into one easy-to-use interface.
News categories: DISH Network, Digital TV, DVR, OTT, Placeshifting, Satellite, USA
Siano, Huaqi, and CMBSat Join Forces to Deliver Mobile TV in China
Dec 11, 2007 – Siano Mobile Silicon has announced that it has signed a collaboration agreement with CMB Satellite and Huaqi to provide advanced solutions for China's up-coming mobile TV service known as CMMB, or STiMi, starting at the 2008 Olympics.
News categories: Siano Mobile Silicon, Huaqi, China Mobile Broadcasting Satellite (CMBSat), China, Digital TV, Mobile, Satellite, Semiconductor
China Satellite Mobile Selects CMB Satellite for S-Band Satellite Capacity for the China Mobile Video Project
Feb 22, 2007 – China Satellite Mobile Broadcast Limited (CSM) has announced that it has selected China Mobile Broadcasting Satellite (CMBSat) as the primary provider of S-band satellite capacity for China's mobile video project.
News categories: EchoStar, China, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, Satellite
- VAUNET forecast for the German media market in 2019
- Canal Digital and Viasat Consumer to merge
- Technicolor joins the HEVC Advance patent pool
- Verizon to give customers 12 months of Disney+
- Roku to acquire dataxu
- Wyplay and SmarDTV to offer off-the-shelf Android TV platforms
- Alticast partners with LowaSIS for ATSC 3.0 devices
- YuppTV joins forces with BSNL for triple play services
- Comscore to provide measurement for Premion's CTV/OTT ad platform
- egta and The Global TV Group define ad measurement standards
- Xandr adds Clypd to its portfolio of products and services
- ATBiS to manufacture Triveni Digital ATSC 3.0 broadcast gateway
- Sumitomo selects SiTune ISDB-S3 tuner for 4K/8K set-top box
- Synamedia and Triveni Digital partner for ATSC 3.0 video delivery
- Rohde & Schwarz supports 5G Broadcast trial in Brazil
- EU imposes interim measures on Broadcom in TV chipset market
- Globecast provides media operations for Orby TV
- Switch Media unveils fast-to-market OTT platform
- Allegro DVT acquires Amphion Semiconductor
- Australian SVOD poised to break billion-dollar AU$ barrier