Digital TV News: Han Lee
NAGRA protects KT SkyLife's satellite/mobile TV service for vehicles
Jun 25, 2018 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that it is securing SkyLife LTE TV (SLT). SLT allows passengers in cars and buses to enjoy HD satellite programming 'on-the-go' without interruption caused by traveling in heavy rain or through South Korea’s tunnels.
News categories: NAGRA, KT SkyLife, Stéphane Le Dréau, Han Lee, ConnecTechAsia, Content Protection, Digital TV, In-Car, Korea, Satellite
NAGRA adds anyCAST CONNECT to 4K Ultra HD partnership with KT Skylife
Sep 6, 2016 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that it has extended its content protection partnership with Korean satellite broadcaster KT Skylife to include NAGRA’s anyCAST CONNECT solution.
News categories: NAGRA, KT Skylife, Jean-Luc Jezouin, Han Lee, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, Korea, Satellite
Ericsson chosen by KT Skylife for UHDTV expansion
May 26, 2016 – KT SkyLife has chosen Ericsson (NASDAQ:ERIC) HEVC encoders to expand its Ultra High Definition (UHDTV) service. The deal marks KT SkyLife's fifth UHD channel launch to date, and underlines its leadership in providing the greatest number of UHDTV channels in Korea.
News categories: Ericsson, KT SkyLife, Giles Wilson, Han Lee, ConnecTechAsia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Korea, Satellite
NAGRA protects KT Skylife's 4K Ultra HD service in Korea
Sep 9, 2015 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that it is providing 4K Ultra HD content protection to KT Skylife. The NAGRA anyCAST Security Services Platform combined with NAGRA’s hardware security certification, secures the operator’s 4K Ultra HD satellite offer.
News categories: NAGRA, Skylife, Jean-Luc Jezouin, Han Lee, Content Protection, Korea, Satellite
Broadcom enables KT Skylife Ultra HD satellite STB
May 28, 2015 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced that KT Skylife, a leading satellite broadcast provider in South Korea, has deployed the world's first Ultra HD set-top box built on Broadcom's single chip HEVC 4K/Ultra HD satellite solution, the BCM7376.
News categories: Broadcom, KT Skylife, Rich Nelson, Han Lee, Digital TV, Korea, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Marvell joins forces with SK broadband to deploy IPTV STB with Google Services
Jan 15, 2014 – Marvell (NASDAQ: MRVL) has announced a collaboration with SK broadband (KOSDAQ: 033630), who have launched B TV Smart, an IPTV set-top-box with Google services for the Korean market. B TV Smart is powered by Marvell's ARMADA® 1500 Plus SoC.
News categories: Marvell, SK broadband, Winston Chen, In-Chan Lee, Digital TV, IPTV, Korea, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
- NEXTGEN TV launches on six local TV stations in Mobile-Pensacola
- Comscore ad marketplace for Connected TV goes global
- Foxtel selects TiVo to power voice search
- Applicaster technology stack accelerates video app development
- AT&T U.S. down 627k; Vrio up 229k video subs in 3Q 2020
- Q1-Q3 2020 Smart TV sales up 14% in Germany
- Technicolor teams with Google to promote hybrid Android TV devices
- BitRouter releases ATSC3pro receiver software update
- Deutsche TV-Plattform launches CI+ 2.0 initiative
- Ultra HD Forum updates Guidelines and plans watermarking API
- WarnerMedia RIDE streaming comes to AT&T-connected GM vehicles
- U.S. has close to 300 OTT video services
- ENENSYS ATSC 3.0 solution deployed by SEI and VSatcast
- Sinclair acquires two TV stations in Washington, DC
- FreeWheel releases H1 2020 U.S. Video Marketplace Report
- Eutelsat selected by Kabelio for new Swiss HD platform
- RCN, Grande and Wave launch TiVo Stream 4K
- Nielsen to measure CTV campaigns on YouTube & YouTube TV
- Tata Elxsi selected as certified 3PL partner for Google Widevine
- 58 million U.S. broadband households to be MVPD-free by 2025