Digital TV News: Juniper Research
Juniper Research makes Top Ten Tech Predictions for 2020
Dec 10, 2019 – Juniper Research has created a list of its top 10 technology predictions for 2020. The company expects 5G connectivity to begin to replace costly rollouts of fibre in remote areas and OTT TV services to launch functional advertising attribution systems.
News categories: Juniper Research, 5G, Market Research, OTT, Worldwide
Voice Assistants used to control Smart Homes to grow by 769%
Jul 29, 2019 – According to Juniper Research, the number of voice assistants used to access smart home devices will reach 555 million by 2024; up from 105 million in 2019. By 2024, Juniper Research expects more than 90% of voice assistants to be used to control smart home devices.
News categories: Juniper Research, China, Market Research, Smart Home, Worldwide
Amazon bulk certifies Espial Elevate operators for Alexa voice control
Apr 16, 2019 – Espial (TSE: ESP) has announced that they have certified several Amazon Alexa voice controls on Elevate-based IPTV, app-TV and cable services. Amazon did a bulk certification, enabling operators to move rapidly through the process.
News categories: Espial, Michael McCluskey, Travis Kohlrus, Noah Popejoy, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, OTT, Smart Home, Worldwide
Carrier Billing to account for more than 1 in 5 digital content sales
Apr 2, 2019 – The proportion of digital content paid for via carrier billing is expected to nearly double over the next 5 years, according to Juniper Research. Consumer spend via the mechanism is expected to rise from $28 billion last year to nearly $90 billion by 2024.
News categories: Juniper Research, Dr Windsor Holden, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, Worldwide
Digital Voice Assistants in use to triple to 8 billion by 2023
Feb 12, 2019 – A study from Juniper Research has found that there will be 8 billion digital voice assistants in use by 2023, up from an estimated 2.5 billion at the end of 2018. The fastest growing voice assistant categories will be: Smart TVs, Smart speakers and Wearables.
News categories: Juniper Research, James Moar, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart Home, Worldwide
Sporting rights to drive digital content revenue this year
Feb 5, 2019 – A study from Juniper Research has found that global consumer spend on digital content will reach $250 billion in 2019, an increase of $23 billion year-on-year. SVOD services are expected to be a key driver of growth.
News categories: Juniper Research, Elson Sutanto, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
Global VR headset shipments to exceed 21 million in 2019
Jan 30, 2019 – According to Juniper Research, Virtual Reality (VR) headset shipments will reach 54 million by 2023, up from an estimated 21 million this year. This is a growth of 160%, as demand increases following an underwhelming year for VR in 2018.
News categories: Juniper Research, Sam Barker, Market Research, VR, Worldwide
Amazon Prime, HBO and Now TV face decreasing audiences
Oct 1, 2018 – A consumer survey from Juniper Research has found that increased churn rates are being faced by video streaming services such as Amazon Prime and HBO Now in key markets such as the UK and the US. Contrastingly, Netflix outperformed its rivals.
News categories: Juniper Research, Lauren Foye, China, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, UK, USA
Voice Assistants used in Smart Homes to grow 1,000%
Jun 25, 2018 – A study from Juniper Research has found that the adoption of voice assistants such as Alexa and Google Assistant will be a key factor behind smart home growth, with 275 million voice assistant devices used to control smart homes by 2023.
News categories: Juniper Research, Nick Maynard, Big Data, Market Research, Smart Home, UX, Worldwide
- Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
- U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- US broadband households interested in innovative offerings accessed via TV
- U.S. advertising and marketing spend to grow to $390 billion in 2020
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA