Digital TV News: Kaon
Blonder Tongue distributing Kaon Android TV STBs optimized for MOBITV
Feb 25, 2019 – Blonder Tongue (NYSE: BDR) has announced the availability of the Kaon line of Android TV Set-Top Box products specifically designed and optimized for MOBITV platform deployments across North America. The first set-top model available is Kaon's KSTB2020.
News categories: Blonder Tongue, Kaon, MOBITV, Ted Grauch, Android TV, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, North America, Set Top Box
COSMOTE TV delivers Smart Remote experience on Zenterio OS-based STBs
Aug 30, 2018 – Zenterio has announced that OTE Group has deployed, in COSMOTE TV its pay-TV service, an advanced set-top box (STB) called EUROBOX (KAON NS2000) using Zenterio OS. Zenterio OS allows COSMOTE TV to support internet-delivered, on-demand content in addition to live content.
News categories: Zenterio, OTE Group, Jörgen Nilsson, Apps, Digital TV, Greece, IBC, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box
Kaon adopts monitoring from Greenwave Systems for cable devices
Oct 16, 2017 – Greenwave Systems has announced a customer deployment of AXON Predict™, its real-time visual edge analytics solution with Kaon. This follows Greenwave's introduction of AXON Predict earlier this year as part of the company's AXON Platform.
News categories: Greenwave, KAON, Roger Gregory, Ted Grauch, Big Data, Cable TV, Digital TV, Gateway, QoE, SCTE•ISBE, Set Top Box, USA
Kaon Media cuts time-to-market by selecting Vewd
Oct 4, 2017 – Vewd has announced that Kaon Media has selected Vewd products for its next generation of set-top boxes. Kaon selected Vewd for two reasons: its ability to cut time-to-market significantly, and support for what OTT TV operators want to offer.
News categories: Vewd, Kaon Media, Aneesh Rajaram, Chulmin Kim, Digital TV, HTML5, Set Top Box, Worldwide
KT unifies UX with Alticast Apex virtualization platform
Oct 3, 2017 – Alticast has announced that Korea Telecom is using Apex, Alticast’s user experience (UX) virtualization platform, to bring rich, uniform experiences to its set-top boxes. KT is using Apex to deliver a UX for both linear and on-demand content.
News categories: Alticast, Korea Telecom, Joonhee Oh, Jingi Choi, Digital TV, IPTV, Korea, Set Top Box, UX
Sky New Zealand advances multiscreen TV experiences with Cisco
Sep 14, 2017 – Sky New Zealand is transforming its Pay TV operations with the Cisco Infinite Video Platform. On the horizon is the introduction of a Hybrid PVR solution with Kaon Hybrid DVR STBs and VoD over IP, extending to iOS and Android personal consumer devices.
News categories: Cisco Systems, Sky New Zealand, Conrad Clemson, Julian Wheeler, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC, Mobile, New Zealand, Satellite, Set Top Box
Multimedia Polska deploys OTT and TV Everywhere with Teleste
Sep 5, 2017 – Teleste has revealed that its Ubique video content management platform now powers OTT and TV Everywhere services for the subscribers of Multimedia Polska. Multimedia Polska selected Teleste's Ubique for the two-year project started in 2016.
News categories: Teleste, Ubique, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC, OTT, Poland, TV Everywhere
Global set-top box market to top $46bn by 2027
Aug 14, 2017 – The set-top box market is anticipated to witness robust growth during 2017-2027. According to Future Market Insights, the APEJ set-top box market is expected to have the highest growth rate over the period.
News categories: Future Market Insights, Digital TV, Market Research, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Stofa selects Irdeto to protect new Android set-top box
Apr 6, 2017 – Irdeto has announced that Stofa has selected Irdeto Cloaked CA to securely deliver content through its upcoming Android set-top box (STB). The box was developed in cooperation with Google and Kaon Media.
News categories: Irdeto, Stofa, Kaon, Doug Lowther, Ole Fruekilde Madsen, Android TV, Cable TV, Content Protection, Denmark, Digital TV, Set Top Box
- MediaKind to debut Universe portfolio at NAB Show 2019
- NBCUniversal and Sky combine advanced advertising capabilities
- Netflix surges beyond 11 million users in Australia
- Asia Pacific OTT to generate $48 billion
- Cinedigm to acquire Future Today
- Comark becomes Triveni Digital ATSC 1.0 and ATSC 3.0 re-seller for the U.S.
- NexPlayer and WeTek develop E2E OTT solution supporting Widevine DRM
- CANAL+ Myanmar deploys NAGRA’s Conax GO Live multiscreen OTT solution
- US esports ad revenues will grow 25% in 2019
- Funimation licenses TiVo's Search, Recommendations and Insight modules
- FTTH Council Europe updates FTTH/FTTB figures
- Eleven Sports launches new streaming service in Japan
- Rakuten TV to expand reach to more than 40 countries in 2019
- Bezeq plans migration of 'yes' from satellite to OTT
- TDG: Disney+ likely to be well received
- Saankhya Labs develops 5G Broadcast and Direct to Mobile TV technologies
- Benin signs up with SES for DTT distribution and DTH
- DIRECTV NOW packages get slimmer and pricier, but include HBO
- InPlayer joins Kaltura’s Video Technology Marketplace
- U.S. media companies and VIZIO form addressable advertising consortium