Digital TV News: Kresimir Alic
COVID-19 to have limited impact on telecoms and pay TV spending in 2020
May 15, 2020 – Worldwide spending on telecommunications and pay TV services will reach nearly $1.6 trillion in 2020, a decrease of 0.8% compared to 2019, according to IDC. IDC expects the decline to continue in 2021, but at a somewhat lower degree.
News categories: IDC, Kresimir Alic, COVID-19, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
Worldwide spending on telecoms and pay TV totaled $1,615 billion in 2018
May 10, 2019 – Worldwide spending on telecom services and pay TV services totaled $1,615 billion in 2018, an increase of 0.8% year over year, according to IDC. IDC expects worldwide spending on Telecom and Pay TV services to reach $1,657 billion in 2023.
News categories: IDC, Kresimir Alic, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
Accounting changes depress telecom and pay TV growth in 2018
Nov 9, 2018 – Worldwide spending on Telecom Services and Pay TV Services will increase by 0.6% in 2018, according to IDC. Over of the 2017-2022 forecast period, the market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 0.8%.
News categories: IDC, Kresimir Alic, Eric Owen, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, Worldwide
Spending on telecom and pay TV services to grow 2% in 2018
Dec 4, 2017 – Worldwide spending on Telecom Services and Pay TV Services is forecast to reach nearly $1.7 billion in 2017, an increase of 1.7% over 2016, according to IDC. IDC expects worldwide spending on Telecom and Pay TV services to grow 2% and surpass $1.7 billion in 2018.
News categories: IDC, Courtney Munroe, Kresimir Alic, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
- Comscore finds U.S. VOD transactions peaked in April
- Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs
- Dataxis compares Europe, Latam with U.S. AVOD market
- HEVC Advance royalty rates to remain at current levels
- Alphonso signs ACR distribution deals with Seiki and Skyworth
- THEO Technologies and Synamedia form HESP Alliance
- U.S. consumers spend nearly seven hours per week watching online video
- NEXTGEN TV launches at four TV stations in Salt Lake City
- FCC designates Huawei and ZTE as national security threats
- STARZPLAY available from UPC Switzerland
- Verizon Media launches TV tune-in attribution with Inscape
- Eros Now partners with Dish TV India
- NexGuard watermarking integrated into AWS Elemental MediaConvert
- TRAI reports pay TV numbers for India at end-2019
- Altibox takes Verimatrix security into the Cloud
- Consolidated Communications introduces CCiTV in Texas
- Brat TV chooses Amagi to expand streaming TV footprint
- Churn rate for U.S. OTT services at 41% in Q1 2020
- Origin Broadband launches Origin TV in the UK with Netgem
- Mobile operators to generate 170 million SVOD subscribers