Digital TV News: Mark Turner
CTA predicts record U.S. sales in 2018 for AR/VR
Jan 4, 2018 – Augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR) technologies are positioned for record growth in 2018, according to the CTA. And the latest exhibitor update on CES 2018 shows a record-setting footprint for both AR and VR.
News categories: Consumer Technology Association, Karen Chupka, Mark Turner, CES2020, USA, VR
Technicolor HDR receives support from SoC manufacturers
Jan 5, 2016 – Technicolor (Paris: TCH, OTCQX: TCLRY) has announced that a number of TV and Set Top Box (STB) System-on-Chip (SoC) manufacturers are integrating Technicolor’s High Dynamic Range (HDR) Delivery Solution into their offerings, including: Marvell, MSTAR, Sigma and STMicroelectronics.
News categories: Technicolor, Marvell, MStar Semi, Sigma Designs, STMicroelectronics, Mark Turner, Philip Poulidis, Stanley Chen, Alfred Chan, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Technicolor to collaborate with LG on Ultra HD and HDR
Jan 4, 2016 – Technicolor (Paris: TCH, OTCQX: TCLRY) has announced a strategic initiative with LG Electronics to collaborate on delivering new content experiences to the home that meet the new UHD Alliance content and display specifications and push the boundaries of video imaging.
News categories: Technicolor, LG Electronics, Mark Turner, Dr. Nandhu Nandhakumar, CES2020, Smart TV, Worldwide
Technicolor is first with UHD Alliance-compliant content services
Dec 10, 2015 – Technicolor (Euronext Paris: TCH; OTCQX: TCLRY) has announced that following the UHD Alliance completion of specifications for Ultra HD displays and content, that it is accelerating content production that is compliant with those specifications.
News categories: Technicolor, UHD Alliance, Mark Turner, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Smart TV, Worldwide
Technicolor makes HDR single-stream HEVC reference code available
Jun 24, 2015 – Technicolor (Paris: TCH; OTCQX: TCLRY) has announced the availability of its High Dynamic Range (HDR) single-layer solution, for testing. The solution enables HDR coding and delivery in a single stream for viewing regardless of display type.
News categories: Technicolor, Thomson Video Networks, Mark Turner, Stéphane Cloirec, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
- Disney+ available directly on VIZIO SmartCast TVs
- Comscore announces renewal with CBS TV stations
- TVSquared releases pan-European TV advertising performance analysis
- Imagine Communications agrees ad insertion deal with the NCTC
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 194,000 in 4Q 2019
- One third of Taiwanese online consumers have accessed TV piracy sites
- Redbox launch Redbox Free Live TV across the U.S.
- Cisco releases Annual Internet Report
- Pixelworks and Qualcomm integrate Live Local TV with 5G broadband
- Kantar to measure TV audiences for MINTIC in Colombia
- NCTC to offer discounted Amazon Fire TV devices to members
- Viu reaches 41.4 million monthly active users
- Roku ends 2019 with 36.9 million active accounts
- Online viewing continues to gain ground on traditional broadcast TV
- Vianeos provides revamped UX for Batelco TV in Bahrain
- VUALTO partners with ATEME for automated encoder integration
- STV selects Arqiva Hybrid TV Service for HD restart feature
- AfricaXP adds DTH capacity from Eutelsat for Sub-Saharan Africa
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 44k in 4Q 2019
- 'Tapering subscriber acquisitions' for Dish TV India in 4Q 2019