Digital TV News: Mark Turner
CTA predicts record U.S. sales in 2018 for AR/VR
Jan 4, 2018 – Augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR) technologies are positioned for record growth in 2018, according to the CTA. And the latest exhibitor update on CES 2018 shows a record-setting footprint for both AR and VR.
News categories: Consumer Technology Association, Karen Chupka, Mark Turner, CES2020, USA, VR
Technicolor HDR receives support from SoC manufacturers
Jan 5, 2016 – Technicolor (Paris: TCH, OTCQX: TCLRY) has announced that a number of TV and Set Top Box (STB) System-on-Chip (SoC) manufacturers are integrating Technicolor’s High Dynamic Range (HDR) Delivery Solution into their offerings, including: Marvell, MSTAR, Sigma and STMicroelectronics.
News categories: Technicolor, Marvell, MStar Semi, Sigma Designs, STMicroelectronics, Mark Turner, Philip Poulidis, Stanley Chen, Alfred Chan, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Technicolor to collaborate with LG on Ultra HD and HDR
Jan 4, 2016 – Technicolor (Paris: TCH, OTCQX: TCLRY) has announced a strategic initiative with LG Electronics to collaborate on delivering new content experiences to the home that meet the new UHD Alliance content and display specifications and push the boundaries of video imaging.
News categories: Technicolor, LG Electronics, Mark Turner, Dr. Nandhu Nandhakumar, CES2020, Smart TV, Worldwide
Technicolor is first with UHD Alliance-compliant content services
Dec 10, 2015 – Technicolor (Euronext Paris: TCH; OTCQX: TCLRY) has announced that following the UHD Alliance completion of specifications for Ultra HD displays and content, that it is accelerating content production that is compliant with those specifications.
News categories: Technicolor, UHD Alliance, Mark Turner, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Smart TV, Worldwide
Technicolor makes HDR single-stream HEVC reference code available
Jun 24, 2015 – Technicolor (Paris: TCH; OTCQX: TCLRY) has announced the availability of its High Dynamic Range (HDR) single-layer solution, for testing. The solution enables HDR coding and delivery in a single stream for viewing regardless of display type.
News categories: Technicolor, Thomson Video Networks, Mark Turner, Stéphane Cloirec, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
- COVID-19 will accelerate pay-TV revenue decline in Australia
- Unruly expands brand protection with DoubleVerify
- Zixi integrated into Harmonic's cloud based live streaming platform
- Flynet delivers OTT content with Viaccess-Orca DRM in El Salvador
- SonyLIV added to NetRange Smart TV App Store for India
- Phoenix Model Market adds second TV transmitter
- Interra Systems and BuyDRM integrate monitoring with DRM
- Sky Q adds smart new features
- Netgem acquires French fibre operator Comcable
- Hybrid tool targets viewers who did or did not watch linear TV spot ads
- SETAR deploys Nordija interactive TV platform in Aruba
- BoFiNet enlists Globecast for OTT service creation in Botswana
- fuboTV secures $20m of financing
- Fraunhofer HHI presents H.266/VVC video coding
- SeaChange leadership extends salary reduction plan
- Growth in TV Panel quotes even higher than expected in July
- DNA selects VisualOn media player for Android TV app
- Mobile to provide 40% of SVOD subscriptions
- Comscore finds U.S. VOD transactions peaked in April
- Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs