Digital TV News: Mark Turner
CTA predicts record U.S. sales in 2018 for AR/VR
Jan 4, 2018 – Augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR) technologies are positioned for record growth in 2018, according to the CTA. And the latest exhibitor update on CES 2018 shows a record-setting footprint for both AR and VR.
News categories: Consumer Technology Association, Karen Chupka, Mark Turner, CES2020, USA, VR
Technicolor HDR receives support from SoC manufacturers
Jan 5, 2016 – Technicolor (Paris: TCH, OTCQX: TCLRY) has announced that a number of TV and Set Top Box (STB) System-on-Chip (SoC) manufacturers are integrating Technicolor’s High Dynamic Range (HDR) Delivery Solution into their offerings, including: Marvell, MSTAR, Sigma and STMicroelectronics.
News categories: Technicolor, Marvell, MStar Semi, Sigma Designs, STMicroelectronics, Mark Turner, Philip Poulidis, Stanley Chen, Alfred Chan, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Technicolor to collaborate with LG on Ultra HD and HDR
Jan 4, 2016 – Technicolor (Paris: TCH, OTCQX: TCLRY) has announced a strategic initiative with LG Electronics to collaborate on delivering new content experiences to the home that meet the new UHD Alliance content and display specifications and push the boundaries of video imaging.
News categories: Technicolor, LG Electronics, Mark Turner, Dr. Nandhu Nandhakumar, CES2020, Smart TV, Worldwide
Technicolor is first with UHD Alliance-compliant content services
Dec 10, 2015 – Technicolor (Euronext Paris: TCH; OTCQX: TCLRY) has announced that following the UHD Alliance completion of specifications for Ultra HD displays and content, that it is accelerating content production that is compliant with those specifications.
News categories: Technicolor, UHD Alliance, Mark Turner, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Smart TV, Worldwide
Technicolor makes HDR single-stream HEVC reference code available
Jun 24, 2015 – Technicolor (Paris: TCH; OTCQX: TCLRY) has announced the availability of its High Dynamic Range (HDR) single-layer solution, for testing. The solution enables HDR coding and delivery in a single stream for viewing regardless of display type.
News categories: Technicolor, Thomson Video Networks, Mark Turner, Stéphane Cloirec, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
- Roku launches The Roku Channel in the UK
- Verimatrix integrates server-side watermarking with Akamai
- HbbTV releases HbbTV Conformance Test Suite v2020-1
- 10 million more digital pay TV subscribers for Eastern Europe by 2025
- BritBox app launches on LG Smart TVs
- Contentos integrates Theta Network decentralized video delivery for COS.tv
- SeaChange selected by Midco to monetize video streaming service
- Apptopia and Braze release state of streaming industry report
- Edge Networks announces 'Evoca' ATSC 3.0 pay TV service
- Allegro DVT releases AL-D21x video decoder IP family with AV1 support
- Nielsen and Sinclair Broadcast announce multi-year renewal
- Verimatrix introduces DRM for video protection between devices
- Deltatre unveils SaaS platform for real-time, data-driven UX decisions
- Omdia cuts 2020 TV shipment forecast by 10 percentage points
- Comscore research shows continuing surge in U.S. daytime TV viewing
- FCC proposed rule change to support ATSC 3.0 distributed transmission
- VideoAmp creates combined Smart TV and STB viewing dataset for the U.S.
- Roku OS 9.3 begins roll-out
- Italian local re-broadcaster RAS goes live with Synamedia virtualized DCM
- Altice Europe terminates discussions on acquisition of Partner Communications