Digital TV News: Mark Turner
CTA predicts record U.S. sales in 2018 for AR/VR
Jan 4, 2018 – Augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR) technologies are positioned for record growth in 2018, according to the CTA. And the latest exhibitor update on CES 2018 shows a record-setting footprint for both AR and VR.
News categories: Consumer Technology Association, Karen Chupka, Mark Turner, CES2021, USA, VR
Technicolor HDR receives support from SoC manufacturers
Jan 5, 2016 – Technicolor (Paris: TCH, OTCQX: TCLRY) has announced that a number of TV and Set Top Box (STB) System-on-Chip (SoC) manufacturers are integrating Technicolor’s High Dynamic Range (HDR) Delivery Solution into their offerings, including: Marvell, MSTAR, Sigma and STMicroelectronics.
News categories: Technicolor, Marvell, MStar Semi, Sigma Designs, STMicroelectronics, Mark Turner, Philip Poulidis, Stanley Chen, Alfred Chan, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Technicolor to collaborate with LG on Ultra HD and HDR
Jan 4, 2016 – Technicolor (Paris: TCH, OTCQX: TCLRY) has announced a strategic initiative with LG Electronics to collaborate on delivering new content experiences to the home that meet the new UHD Alliance content and display specifications and push the boundaries of video imaging.
News categories: Technicolor, LG Electronics, Mark Turner, Dr. Nandhu Nandhakumar, CES2021, Smart TV, Worldwide
Technicolor is first with UHD Alliance-compliant content services
Dec 10, 2015 – Technicolor (Euronext Paris: TCH; OTCQX: TCLRY) has announced that following the UHD Alliance completion of specifications for Ultra HD displays and content, that it is accelerating content production that is compliant with those specifications.
News categories: Technicolor, UHD Alliance, Mark Turner, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Smart TV, Worldwide
Technicolor makes HDR single-stream HEVC reference code available
Jun 24, 2015 – Technicolor (Paris: TCH; OTCQX: TCLRY) has announced the availability of its High Dynamic Range (HDR) single-layer solution, for testing. The solution enables HDR coding and delivery in a single stream for viewing regardless of display type.
News categories: Technicolor, Thomson Video Networks, Mark Turner, Stéphane Cloirec, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
- Comscore expands global Connected TV footprint with Samba TV
- Irdeto brings enhanced security services to Forthnet
- Western Europe to gain over 100 million SVOD subscribers by 2025
- MediaKind first to deploy latest You.i TV video experience SDK
- TVSquared and Blockgraph partner on TV and cross-channel measurement
- GTPL KCBPL selects ATEME for converged headend in India
- PlayStation 5 launches this November
- BrightLine launches connected TV ad solution
- Telefónica invites start-ups to develop digital home apps for Movistar+
- FIH and NAGRA launch Watch.Hockey app
- Gracenote enables cross-platform search and discovery for sports content
- VR headset market expected to grow despite short-term decline
- Pay TV in Portugal grows 4.1% YoY in 1H 2020
- Liberty Puerto Rico launches Hub TV powered by TiVo
- Verizon Media offers header bidding-like solution for OTT publishers
- Watch Brasil launches SVOD Smart TV app with Accedo
- ViacomCBS global streaming service to be called Paramount+
- TV3 to trial 5G immersive sport at Superbike World Championship
- Finns prefer to watch streaming services on the TV
- Proximus Pickx Android TV service goes live with 3SS