Digital TV News: Mark Turner
CTA predicts record U.S. sales in 2018 for AR/VR
Jan 4, 2018 – Augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR) technologies are positioned for record growth in 2018, according to the CTA. And the latest exhibitor update on CES 2018 shows a record-setting footprint for both AR and VR.
News categories: Consumer Technology Association, Karen Chupka, Mark Turner, CES, USA, VR
Technicolor HDR receives support from SoC manufacturers
Jan 5, 2016 – Technicolor (Paris: TCH, OTCQX: TCLRY) has announced that a number of TV and Set Top Box (STB) System-on-Chip (SoC) manufacturers are integrating Technicolor’s High Dynamic Range (HDR) Delivery Solution into their offerings, including: Marvell, MSTAR, Sigma and STMicroelectronics.
News categories: Technicolor, Marvell, MStar Semi, Sigma Designs, STMicroelectronics, Mark Turner, Philip Poulidis, Stanley Chen, Alfred Chan, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Technicolor to collaborate with LG on Ultra HD and HDR
Jan 4, 2016 – Technicolor (Paris: TCH, OTCQX: TCLRY) has announced a strategic initiative with LG Electronics to collaborate on delivering new content experiences to the home that meet the new UHD Alliance content and display specifications and push the boundaries of video imaging.
News categories: Technicolor, LG Electronics, Mark Turner, Dr. Nandhu Nandhakumar, CES, Smart TV, Worldwide
Technicolor is first with UHD Alliance-compliant content services
Dec 10, 2015 – Technicolor (Euronext Paris: TCH; OTCQX: TCLRY) has announced that following the UHD Alliance completion of specifications for Ultra HD displays and content, that it is accelerating content production that is compliant with those specifications.
News categories: Technicolor, UHD Alliance, Mark Turner, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Smart TV, Worldwide
Technicolor makes HDR single-stream HEVC reference code available
Jun 24, 2015 – Technicolor (Paris: TCH; OTCQX: TCLRY) has announced the availability of its High Dynamic Range (HDR) single-layer solution, for testing. The solution enables HDR coding and delivery in a single stream for viewing regardless of display type.
News categories: Technicolor, Thomson Video Networks, Mark Turner, Stéphane Cloirec, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
- Synamedia and Triveni Digital partner for ATSC 3.0 video delivery
- Rohde & Schwarz supports 5G Broadcast trial in Brazil
- EU imposes interim measures on Broadcom in TV chipset market
- Globecast provides media operations for Orby TV
- Switch Media unveils fast-to-market OTT platform
- Allegro DVT acquires Amphion Semiconductor
- Australian SVOD poised to break billion-dollar AU$ barrier
- HEVC Advance adds JVCKenwood, NEC, Intellectual Discovery, and Korean Patent Investment as licensors
- TV Time acquires Mediamorph
- Apple TV App and Apple TV+ coming to the Roku platform
- Amobee launches fraud-free guarantee for Connected TV inventory
- GTPL Hathway digital pay TV subscribers up 150,000 in 3Q 2019
- ARK Multicasting and Microsoft partner for rural broadband and cloud services
- Phoenix Model Market adding 2nd NEXTGEN TV transmission site and SFN
- Orange France Livebox 5 powered by SoftAtHome
- Viewers in Australia feel overwhelmed in streaming battleground
- IPTV subscriptions and ARPU to drive pay TV growth in Japan
- Quality of UI more important than recommendations in video service satisfaction
- Alticast and Triveni Digital to demo ATSC 3.0 app synced to a TV show at NAB NYC
- New Zealand Rugby to become 5% shareholder in Sky NZ