Digital TV News: Michael Jones
China Mobile deploys advanced playback features from VisualOn
Sep 3, 2020 – VisualOn and VLA VR have partnered with China Mobile subsidiary MIGU Video to transform the mobile video experience. Innovative playback features will help China Mobile continue to grow its 5G subscriber base.
News categories: VisualOn, VLA VR, MIGU Video, China Mobile, Michael Jones, China, Digital TV, Media Player, Mobile, VR
KDDI selects VisualOn media player for au Smart Pass
Jul 29, 2020 – KDDI has selected the VisualOn Media Player to power playback on its au Smart Pass service. Subscribers can now experience the highest quality video, including multiple synchronized streams, on the Smart Pass app.
News categories: VisualOn, KDDI, Michael Jones, Takahiro Oono, Apps, Digital TV, Japan, Media Player, Mobile
VisualOn launches test suite to help resolve streaming video playback issues
Apr 23, 2020 – VisualOn has announced the availability of the VisualOn Remote Lab, an testing and debugging suite that resolves the pain points of managing disparate devices, teams and streams and ensures a high QoS for OTT video service providers.
News categories: VisualOn, Michael Jones, Digital TV, Media Player, OTT, QoE, Worldwide
ROKiT handsets to offer video using FreeCast content aggregation
Mar 26, 2019 – FreeCast has announced a deal with mobile handset manufacturer ROKiT. ROKiT will provide its customers with access to ROK TV, a branded version of FreeCast’s SmartGuide, a library of over 500,000 television episodes, movies, streaming channels, live events, music videos, and more.
News categories: FreeCast, ROK Group, William Mobley, Michael Jones, Jonathan Kendrick, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT, USA
- Highest ever Samsung Smart TV sales in 3Q 2020
- Orange France delivers targeted ads with SoftAtHome video player
- Velocix unveils cloud-native video personalisation service
- DIRECTV GO now available in Brazil
- VR consumer content revenue to exceed $7 billion in 2025
- XroadMedia to power hyper-personalization at ZEE5
- Ericsson predicts 40% of mobile subscriptions in 2026 will be 5G
- Pay TV revenue in New Zealand to follow -3.1% CAGR
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- Bitmovin and OKAST team up to deliver live and VOD streaming
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic