Digital TV News: Sam Matheny
Nielsen audience measurement watermark transmitted over ATSC 3.0
Apr 3, 2019 – The NAB has announced the successful transmission of a Nielsen audience measurement watermark – inaudible signals in a program’s audio that helps identify the program for audience measurement purposes – using the new ATSC 3.0 broadcast transmission standard.
News categories: National Association of Broadcasters, Nielsen, Sam Matheny, Catherine Herkovic, ATSC, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
WheresMyMedia and VR Video bring VR to ATSC 3.0
Jan 5, 2018 – VR Video and WheresMyMedia have announced LiveWorks, a project to bring AR, VR and Live 360 Video to broadcast. ATSC 3.0 is paving the way for next-generation television services such as the LiveWorks broadcasting platform.
News categories: WheresMyMedia, VR Video, William Steele, Edwin Rogers, Sam Matheny, ATSC, Digital TV, NABShow, Terrestrial, USA, VR
First live ATSC 3.0 broadcast of a major professional sporting event
Oct 26, 2016 – A local TV station in Cleveland is ushering in the era of Next Gen TV broadcasting with the first live ATSC 3.0 broadcast of a major professional sporting event – Major League Baseball’s World Series.
News categories: Advanced Television Systems Committee, Tribune Broadcasting, NAB, Richard Friedel, Bill VanDuynhoven, Sam Matheny, ATSC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Terrestrial, USA
KBS, SBS and LG demo 4K UHD ATSC 3.0 at NABShow
Apr 17, 2016 – Korean broadcasters KBS and SBS have joined forces with LG Electronics to demonstrate a real-world implementation of ATSC 3.0 broadcasting at the National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) convention.
News categories: LG Electronics, KBS, SBS, Byeong-Ryeol Park, Dr. Young-Soo Park, ATSC, Content Distribution, NABShow, Terrestrial, USA
PILOT shows ATSC 3.0 Interactive Environment at NAB Show
Apr 15, 2016 – A prototype ATSC 3.0 receiver and gateway demonstrating the Interactive Environment will be featured during NAB Show. The Interactive Environment is based on HTML5 and enables broadcasters to provide a richer and more customized experience for viewers.
News categories: National Association of Broadcasters, So Vang, Sam Matheny, ATSC, Digital TV, HTML5, NABShow, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, USA
- WarnerMedia announces further launch partners for HBO Max
- Tru Optik offers cross-device OTT measurement for free
- Bloomberg TV+ 4K UHD channel launches on Samsung TV Plus
- LG transfers TV manufacturing capacity to Indonesia
- Nordija delivers TV and media platform for Telenor Sweden
- Telestream integrates Ad-ID validation to ensure correct ad placement
- AT&T closes DIRECTV Latin America operations in Venezuela
- IFA 2020 to go-ahead as an invitation-only event in Berlin
- A1 Slovenia launches personalized TV with Zappware
- Astro Malaysia makes Ultra Box available to IPTV customers
- COSMOTE TV deploys private CDN with Synamedia
- 67% of US broadband households using at least one connected video device
- FCC to vote on plan to clear the way for ATSC 3.0 internet services
- Eros Now enters Bangladesh in partnership with Allianz Holdings
- Global OTT revenues to reach $167 billion in 2025
- U.S. sees largest first quarter multichannel subscriptions decline to-date
- COVID-19 to have limited impact on telecoms and pay TV spending in 2020
- UK SVOD market to grow 100% over next five years
- 8.2% growth in Smart Speaker sales in Q1 2020 despite COVID-19
- Over half of Americans feel voice control is essential in smart devices