Digital TV News: TVB.COM
Hong Kong's MyTV Super extends Verimatrix deployment to its OTT service
Sep 14, 2017 – Verimatrix has announced that MyTV Super has extended its deployment of the Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS) for Internet TV to provide over-the-top (OTT) video security for its myTV SUPER video service launched in 2016.
News categories: Verimatrix, MyTV Super, Steve Oetegenn, Rex Ching, Content Protection, Digital TV, Hong Kong, IBC2019, Mobile, OTT, Set Top Box
TVB.COM simplifies Video On-Demand with NetApp
Mar 7, 2017 – NetApp has announced that TVB.COM has chosen NetApp (NASDAQ: NTAP) FAS storage for its origin server. TVB.COM has also implemented NetApp ONTAP, which enables it to easily upgrade software and add storage nodes, without impacting the always-on television service.
News categories: TVB.COM, NetApp, Rex Ching, Content Distribution, Hong Kong, OTT
Hong Kong Broadband to bundle TVB's OTT TV
Feb 17, 2016 – Hong Kong Broadband (HKBN) has announced that it has signed an MOU with TVB to introduce bundled services which combine its high-speed home broadband with TVB’s soon-to-be launched OTT content service, myTV SUPER.
News categories: HKBN, TVB, William Yeung, Cheong Shin Keong, Digital TV, Hong Kong, OTT
VisualOn powers TVB.COM's Android apps in Hong Kong
Mar 13, 2014 – VisualOn has announced TVB.COM as a customer. VisualOn powers TVB.COM's mobile apps, GOTV and myTV on the Android platform. TVB.COM can now provide its Hong Kong customers with video streaming on-the-go.
News categories: VisualOn, TVB.COM, Andy Lin, Kenneth Wong, Apps, Digital TV, Hong Kong, Media Player, TV Everywhere
Hong Kong's TVB.COM selects Verimatrix for subscription-VOD service
Feb 26, 2014 – Verimatrix has announced that Hong Kong's TVB.COM has selected the Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS™) architecture to provide revenue security for its subscription-based VOD Service.
News categories: Verimatrix, TVB.COM, Kenneth Wong, Steve Oetegenn, Content Protection, Digital TV, Hong Kong, Mobile, OTT
- Omdia cuts 2020 TV shipment forecast by 10 percentage points
- Comscore research shows continuing surge in U.S. daytime TV viewing
- VideoAmp creates combined Smart TV and STB viewing dataset for the U.S.
- Roku OS 9.3 begins roll-out
- Italian local re-broadcaster RAS goes live with Synamedia virtualized DCM
- Altice Europe terminates discussions on acquisition of Partner Communications
- Asia Pacific set for 417 million SVOD subscribers
- Comscore sees notable rise in U.S. streaming usage
- Movies Anywhere app comes to LG Smart TVs
- Singtel puts HOOQ into liquidation
- COVID-19 pandemic to reduce global TV brand shipments by 5.8% in 2020
- Six million viewers for Italy's tivùsat
- Wicket Labs adds $1.9m of extra funding
- NENT Group to launch Viaplay in Iceland on April 1st
- TV antenna usage in US broadband households up 25% in 2019
- Coronavirus expected to add 5% to global VOD subscriptions in 2020
- COVID-19 response to bolster cloud gaming revenues
- iQIYI to launch service experience Testing Stations across Asia
- Switch Media's server-side ad insertion integrated with SpringServe's ad platform
- Verimatrix VCAS pre-integrated with Broadcom's Android TV platform