China (ä¸å›½) Digital TV News
iQIYI partners MediaTek for AV1-powered Ultra HD streaming
May 22, 2020 – iQIYI (NASDAQ: IQ) has forged a partnership with MediaTek to support AV1 video coding technology on Android devices through MediaTek Dimensity 1000 5G SoC series, becoming the first company in China to deliver the AV1 stream.
News categories: iQIYI, MediaTek, China, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, Mobile, OTT, Semiconductor
Tencent Cloud and SDMC launch cloud-based SaaS video streaming services
Apr 29, 2020 – Tencent Cloud has signed an MOU with SDMC. Leveraging Tencent Cloud's technology and SDMC's experience in OTT, the parties will offer SDMC XMediaTV Cloud, a cloud-based SaaS video streaming solution for OTT operators around the globe.
News categories: Tencent Cloud, SDMC, Poshu Yeung, David Li, China, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
Oranth develops OTT TV STBs with HiSilicon
Apr 24, 2020 – Oranth has announced the availability of OTT TV box models based on SoCs from Hisense. The models support 1080P UI, [email protected] In order to fulfill the different needs of end users, three models are planned.
News categories: Oranth, HiSilicon, Peter Wang, China, Digital TV, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Eros International and STX Entertainment to merge
Apr 17, 2020 – Eros International (NYSE:EROS) and STX Filmworks have entered into a stock-for-stock merger agreement to create the first publicly traded, independent content and distribution company with global reach and unique positions in the United States, India and China.
News categories: Eros International, STX Entertainment, Kishore Lulla, Robert Simonds, China, Digital TV, India, MandA, OTT, USA
TV panel shipments decreased 3.5% M-o-M in February
Mar 24, 2020 – According to TrendForce, monthly TV panel shipments decreased by 3.5% MoM in February, reaching 20.073 million units. The COVID-19 pandemic’s effect on labor, logistics, and material supply remains a gradual process.
News categories: TrendForce, China, COVID-19, Digital TV, Korea, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
Asia Pacific to add 45 million pay TV subscribers over next 5 years
Mar 23, 2020 – According to Digital TV Research, the Asia Pacific pay TV sector is the most vibrant in the world, with the number of subscribers expected to grow by 45 million over the next five years while revenues increase by $1.40 billion.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Asia, China, Digital TV, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Market Research
TCL ranked #2 in TV shipments in 2019
Mar 2, 2020 – According to Sigmaintell, TCL Electronics (01070.HK) grew strongly in overseas markets in 2019 driving the company's total TV shipments for the year to 32 million units, up 12% over the previous year.
News categories: TCL, Sigmaintell, China, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
Rediffusion concludes brand licensing deal with Chinese manufacturer
Feb 28, 2020 – Rediffusion has completed its first licencing deal with a consortium of Chinese companies, led by East-Innovation Brand Management. East-Innovation plans to use Rediffusion’s trademark on consumer electrical and electronic products for the Chinese market.
News categories: Rediffusion, Capital Law, Ken Helps, Duncan Macintosh, China, Licensing
iQIYI's watermarking system passes ChinaDRM Lab evaluation test
Nov 18, 2019 – iQIYI has announced that its self-developed watermarking system has passed the security evaluation test of the ChinaDRM Lab, making iQIYI the first online video platform in China to receive such an accreditation.
News categories: iQIYI, ChinaDRM, China, Content Protection, Digital TV, OTT, Watermarking
- Sky UK extends satellite capacity contract with SES
- AMC Networks and OMG complete first U.S. addressable campaign
- ENGINE launches cookieless data solutions for CTV and omnichannel media
- CEVA MotionEngine Smart TV software part of LG webOS
- Brazil's MultTV upgrades IPTV system with Beenius
- Bharti Airtel enters Ad Tech industry with Airtel Ads
- Broadpeak upgrades BkYou ad personalization solution
- Nigeria sets-up Digital Switch Over task force
- LG opens webOS Smart TV platform to other TV brands
- Cloud gaming to have huge impact on games distribution
- SpotX to serve as supply-side platform for Redbox
- Vestel brings Twitch to Smart TVs across Europe
- Cablenet rolls-out Amino STBs in Cyprus
- North American pay TV subscriber losses to slow
- discovery+ subscribers now number more than 11 million
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 133,000 in 4Q 2020
- Accedo acquires Hibox
- VIZIO Ads launches frequency control for Smart TV advertisers
- DVB approves DVB-TA watermarking and DVB Home Broadcast specs
- Roku releases 4Q 2020 results