Gaming & Games Consoles (Xbox, Playstation, PSP, Wii …) News
LG unveils its latest TV lineup
Jan 4, 2022 – LG Electronics (LG) has unveiled its latest TV lineup, headlined by the company's 2022 OLED televisions. The TVs feature powerful imaging technologies, and an improved webOS offering more smart features and services.
News categories: LG Electronics, CES2023, Digital TV, Gaming, Middleware, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA, UX, Worldwide
Samsung unveils 2022 MICRO LED, Neo QLED and Lifestyle TVs
Jan 3, 2022 – Samsung has unveiled its newest MICRO LED, Neo QLED and Lifestyle TVs, with advancements in picture and sound quality, more screen size options, customizable accessories and an upgraded interface, ahead of CES 2022.
News categories: Samsung, Simon Sung, CES2023, Digital TV, Gaming, Smart TV, USA, UX, Worldwide
Samsung to offer screens with HDR10+ GAMING support
Dec 23, 2021 – Select 2022 4K and 8K TVs and gaming monitors from Samsung will support the new HDR10+ GAMING standard. HDR10+ GAMING gives developers the tools they need to provide gamers with a consistent HDR gaming experience without the need for manual calibration.
News categories: Samsung, NVIDIA, Seokwoo Yong, Vijay Sharma, Todd Hollenshead, Digital TV, Gaming, IBC2022, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
Google Stadia cloud gaming now on latest LG Smart TVs
Dec 8, 2021 – LG Electronics has made available Google's cloud gaming service Stadia on LG Smart TVs running webOS 5.0 and 6.0. The app can be downloaded from the LG Content Store, in the U.S and the 21 other countries where Stadia operates.
News categories: LG Electronics, Stadia, Digital TV, Gaming, Smart TV, USA, Worldwide
LG brings NVIDIA GeForce NOW cloud gaming to WebOS Smart TVs
Nov 18, 2021 – LG has partnered with NVIDIA to be the first TV manufacturer to develop a Smart TV app of GeForce NOW for LG TVs running webOS. The app will be available in beta in the LG Content Store on select 2021 TV models in 80 markets.
News categories: LG Electronics, NVIDIA, Lee Sang-woo, Apps, Digital TV, Gaming, Smart TV, Worldwide
Deloitte releases results of Digital Media Trends Fall Pulse survey
Oct 19, 2021 – According to Deloitte, media companies are trying to retain paid subscribers on their streaming video services. But they also compete with social media and gaming, which offer both entertainment and social interaction.
News categories: Deloitte, Kevin Westcott, Jana Arbanas, COVID-19, Digital TV, Gaming, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Survey highlights attraction of interacting with streaming video
Oct 6, 2021 – DFC Intelligence has announced results of a global survey showing that nearly all consumers watch streaming video content monthly and an overwhelming majority (85.4%) would interact with streamed content if they could.
News categories: DFC Intelligence, David Cole, Digital TV, Gaming, Market Research, Streaming, Worldwide
Continued robust growth for Wearables, AR/VR Headsets, and Smart Home
Oct 4, 2021 – The total value of AR/VR headsets, smart home devices, and wearables is expected to reach $369.6 billion by the end of this year and swell to $524.9 billion by the end of 2025 according to IDC.
News categories: IDC, Tom Mainelli, Adam Wright, Ramon T. Llamas, Gaming, Market Research, Metaverse, Smart Home, Worldwide
Global VR revenues to exceed $56 billion in 2026
Sep 30, 2021 – According to ABI Research, steady growth in both enterprise and consumer VR over the next 5 years will lead to 50.1 million VR Head-Mounted Display shipments (a 42% CAGR) and more than $56bn in revenues in 2026.
News categories: ABI Research, Eric Abbruzzese, Gaming, Market Research, Metaverse, Worldwide
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost ~1,925,000 subscribers in 2Q 2022
- Pay TV revenues in Australia to continue to decline
- Samba TV enters Spanish market via partnership with Smartclip
- Ad-supported Disney+ tier to launch in the U.S. on December 8th
- Foxxum launches RDK-based OS for Connected TVs
- Gracenote enables optimized program metadata distribution
- VIZIO Account simplifies subscriptions for its Smart TV customers
- Discovery+ launching on Sling TV and Dish TV
- FAST Channels TV provides linear channels for Digital TV Cyprus OTT platform
- Video streaming services lost further playtime per user in H1 2022
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 85,000 in 2Q 2022
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 257,000 in 2Q 2022
- Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia
- RTL Deutschland and Seven.One Entertainment to create addressable TV JV
- Charter residential video customers down 240,000 in 2Q 2022
- Access Advance adds further patent owners
- Disney+ app integrated on Foxtel set top boxes