Smart TV (Connected TV, Integrated Digital Television, IDTV) News
LG announces 2021 NEXTGEN TVs
Jan 13, 2021 – LG Electronics has announced its 2021 NEXTGEN TV lineup. Unveiled at Digital CES 2021, the new 4K and 8K Ultra HD TVs represent the powerful combination of LG OLED and NEXTGEN TV technologies.
News categories: LG Electronics, Dr. Jong Kim, ATSC 3, CES2021, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA
rlaxx TV now available on Amazon Fire TV and Android TV
Jan 12, 2021 – AVOD service, rlaxx TV, is now also available in the UK, Germany, Switzerland and Austria on Amazon's Fire TV devices and the smart TV OS Android TV. Content on rlaxx TV is structured in linear channels.
News categories: rlaxx TV, Ronny Lutzi, Apps, Austria, Digital TV, Germany, OTT, Smart TV, Switzerland, UK
RiksTV launches Smart TV Apps with Norigin Media
Jan 12, 2021 – RiksTV has now launched on a range of Samsung Tizen Smart TV models. The apps, branded RiksTV and Strim, were developed by Norigin Media, using its React-based TV App Framework.
News categories: Norigin Media, RiksTV, Ajey Anand, Jérôme Franck-Sætervoll, Apps, Digital TV, Norway, OTT, Smart TV
LG Smart TVs to get Stadia cloud gaming in late 2021
Jan 11, 2021 – LG has announced a plan with Google to bring Stadia to its webOS smart TVs later this year. After Stadia comes to Google TV, LG will be the first TV manufacturer to natively support Stadia gameplay.
News categories: LG Electronics, Stadia, Lee Sang-woo, Android TV, CES2021, Digital TV, Gaming, Smart TV, USA, Worldwide
TCL announces Google TV products at CES2021
Jan 11, 2021 – TCL Electronics (1070.HK) has announced, at CES 2021, that it will roll out a TCL Google TV series in 2021 to TCL customers, starting in the United States and later in other parts of the world.
News categories: TCL, Google TV, Kevin Wang, Android TV, CES2021, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA, Worldwide
Global TV shipments expected to reach 223 million units in 2021
Jan 11, 2021 – Recent shortages in IC products led TV brands to push back their 4Q20 production schedules, resulting in global TV shipments of 217 million units in 2020, according to TrendForce.
News categories: TrendForce, COVID-19, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
Roku TV no. 1 Smart TV OS in the U.S. and Canada
Jan 8, 2021 – Roku (Nasdaq: ROKU) has announced that Roku OS was the No. 1 smart TV OS sold in the U.S. and Canada. Roku TV had 38% market share in the US and 31% in Canada, based on data from January 5 to December 26, 2020.
News categories: Roku, Mustafa Ozgen, Canada, CES2021, Digital TV, Market Research, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV, USA
Sony announces BRAVIA TVs with 'Cognitive Processor XR'
Jan 7, 2021 – Sony has announced the world's first cognitive intelligence TVs. Powered by its Cognitive Processor XR, picture elements are adjusted to their best final outcome, so everything is synchronized and lifelike.
News categories: Sony Electronics, Mike Fasulo, Android TV, CES2021, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA, UX, Worldwide
Pearl TV and Phoenix Model Market announce 2021 NEXTGEN TV plans
Jan 7, 2021 – Pearl TV and the Phoenix Model Market partners have announced a push this year that will initiate ATSC 3.0 services in nearly 20 more cities by the end of the summer.
News categories: Pearl TV, Anne Schelle, ATSC 3, CES2021, Content Distribution, Digital TV, In-Car, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
- Sky UK extends satellite capacity contract with SES
- AMC Networks and OMG complete first U.S. addressable campaign
- ENGINE launches cookieless data solutions for CTV and omnichannel media
- CEVA MotionEngine Smart TV software part of LG webOS
- Brazil's MultTV upgrades IPTV system with Beenius
- Bharti Airtel enters Ad Tech industry with Airtel Ads
- Broadpeak upgrades BkYou ad personalization solution
- Nigeria sets-up Digital Switch Over task force
- LG opens webOS Smart TV platform to other TV brands
- Cloud gaming to have huge impact on games distribution
- SpotX to serve as supply-side platform for Redbox
- Vestel brings Twitch to Smart TVs across Europe
- Cablenet rolls-out Amino STBs in Cyprus
- North American pay TV subscriber losses to slow
- discovery+ subscribers now number more than 11 million
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 133,000 in 4Q 2020
- Accedo acquires Hibox
- VIZIO Ads launches frequency control for Smart TV advertisers
- DVB approves DVB-TA watermarking and DVB Home Broadcast specs
- Roku releases 4Q 2020 results