NABShow (NAB Show New York) 2022: October 17-19, 2022: Javits Center, NY
Pearl TV launches RUN3TV hybrid TV platform for NEXTGEN TV
Apr 19, 2022 – Pearl TV has launched its RUN3TV web platform, enabling broadcasters to offer a hybrid TV service to their OTA viewers. RUN3TV was built to support NEXTGEN TV, otherwise known as ATSC 3.0, with integrated support for two-way web interactivity.
News categories: Pearl TV, Anne Schelle, Kerry Oslund, Robert Folliard, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, USA, UX
Synamedia delivers live 8K BT Sport using single AMD CPU for encoding
Apr 14, 2022 – Synamedia has announced that its VIVID Compression platform, powered by AMD EPYC™ 7763 processors, distributed BT Sport’s 8K-UHD broadcast of the Saracens vs. Bristol Bears Gallagher Premiership Rugby on March 26, 2022.
News categories: Synamedia, AMD, BT Sport, Elke Hungenaert, James Knight, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Semiconductor, UK
LTN Global launches automated channel creation in the cloud
Apr 13, 2022 – LTN Global has launched LTN Lift, a cloud-based playout solution for the automated creation of live, linear channels to reach cross-platform audiences, helping broadcasters and media companies widen their reach across OTT and FAST services.
News categories: LTN Global, Malik Khan, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Streaming, Worldwide
Blu Digital Group launches AI-driven ad-placement detection for FAST and AVOD
Apr 12, 2022 – Blu Digital Group (BDG) has launched BluSpot. BluSpot uses AI to take any video and automatically detect ad placement opportunities for film/TV content intended to stream on ad-based platforms (FAST and AVOD).
News categories: Blu Digital, George Rausch, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, NABShow, Streaming, Worldwide
Rohde & Schwarz and Qualcomm to show live 5G broadcast streaming at NAB
Apr 12, 2022 – Rohde & Schwarz and Qualcomm have partnered to deliver a live 5G Broadcast/Multicast streaming demonstration at NAB Show 2022. Pre-recorded content will be encoded and transmitted live over-the-air using a 5G Broadcast signal.
News categories: Rohde & Schwarz, Qualcomm, Manfred Reitmeier, Lorenzo Casaccia, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, USA, Worldwide
Amagi announces VOD orchestration solution for content owners
Apr 12, 2022 – Amagi has announced availability of Amagi ON-DEMAND, its content management solution for orchestrating VOD content workflows. The product offers an 'ingest-once-for-multiple-deliveries' option to content owners.
News categories: Amagi, KA Srinivasan, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Streaming, Worldwide
MediaHub Australia selects Actus Digital for advanced monitoring
Apr 12, 2022 – Actus Digital has announced that MediaHub Australia is deploying its intelligent monitoring platform as part of a new mux-based DTT broadcast headend. Magna Systems and Engineering is providing deployment expertise, local technology, and technical support.
News categories: Actus Digital, MediaHub Australia, Sima Levy, Simon Scott, Australia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, QoE, Terrestrial
Evertz to show streaming and playout SaaS solution at NAB 2022
Apr 6, 2022 – At NAB 2022, Evertz will highlight solutions that help live sports, live entertainment and linear channel customers monetize content across a wide range of OTT, DTC, CTV and traditional broadcast/streaming applications.
News categories: Evertz, Martin Whittaker, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Worldwide
VBox releases ATSC 3.0 Testbed version 2.5
Apr 5, 2022 – VBox Communications has announced the availability of Version 2.5 of its ATSC 3.0 Testbed platform – offering an array of new features and enhanced functionality for the NextGenTV product development community.
News categories: VBox Communications, Jonathan Rind, ATSC 3, Digital TV, NABShow, USA
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars
- 24i supports launch of Philips Hue Sync TV App
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 2.034 million in 2022
- Disney strikes streaming measurement deal with EDO
- ITV increases investment in InfoSum
- German study shows high losses from TV piracy
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- NBA games to be available in VR through Meta Horizon Worlds
- Simply.TV signs metadata deal with YouSee
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 80,000 in 4Q 2022