Smart Home will drive IoT to 50 billion devices
Oct 26, 2017 – The Internet of Things continues to expand rapidly, and the smart home will be one of the keys to further growth through the 2020s, according to Strategy Analytics. Nearly 20 billion IoT and connected devices will be deployed worldwide by the end of this year.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, David Mercer, Bill Ablondi, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, Smartphone, Tablet, Worldwide
18:9 aspect ratio device shipments to reach 611 million units by 2021
Aug 15, 2017 – The trend in equipping newer smartphone designs with wider screens is giving rise to the 18:9 aspect ratio, with the display shipments expected to reach 611 million units by 2021, according to the latest analysis by IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO).
News categories: IHS Markit, Hiroshi Hayase, Digital TV, Market Research, Smartphone, Worldwide
iflix and Econet Media collaborate to bring SVoD to sub-Saharan Africa
Aug 2, 2017 – iflix and Econet Media’s Kwesé have announced the establishment of a partnership to bring streaming entertainment services to sub-Saharan Africa. The collaboration will leverage the region’s rapid increase in smartphone penetration and growing consumer demand for premium quality entertainment.
News categories: Kwesé, iflix, Joseph Hundah, Andre de Wet, Africa, Digital TV, Smartphone, Streaming
U.S. Connected CE purchase rates in gentle decline
Jun 27, 2017 – Research from Parks Associates reveals challenges manufacturers face as they seek to drive higher rates of purchase in the connected CE markets. While consumer intentions in 2017 mirror the levels of the previous two years, the long-term trend shows lower percentages of households buying CE than in the past.
News categories: Parks Associates, Tricia Parks, Digital TV, Gaming, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Smartphone, Tablet, USA
Mariner xVu now monitoring over 3 billion events per week
Feb 16, 2017 – Mariner xVu™ has announced significant growth in tier-1 operators. The xVu software platform is now successfully monitoring over 3 billion events per week, with over 40 million devices under management.
News categories: Mariner xVu, Shaun MacDonald, Big Data, QoE, Set Top Box, Smartphone, Tablet, Worldwide
V-Nova video compression enables FastFilmz low-bandwidth OTT in India
Apr 7, 2016 – V-Nova has announced that FastFilmz, India’s innovative new OTT service provider, has deployed V-Nova’s PERSEUS software. With V-Nova PERSEUS, FastFilmz is able to deliver quality streamed video to both 2G and 3G mobile phone users.
News categories: V-Nova, FastFilmz, Guido Meardi, Eric Achtmann, Dominic Charles, Karam Malhotra, Digital TV, India, Media Player, Smartphone, Streaming
Over 80% of U.S. smartphone users now stream video
Mar 21, 2016 – Eighty-one percent of all U.S. smartphone users now stream video on their devices, according to NPD Group. This usage is being driven primarily by users who are 25 and younger.
News categories: NPD Group, Brad Akyuz, Digital TV, Market Research, Smartphone, Streaming, USA
EchoStar launches SAGE by Hughes security and smart home system
Mar 7, 2016 – EchoStar Technologies (NASDAQ: SATS) has announced the launch of its new SAGE by Hughes security and smart home system. SAGE is a security and smart home solution that can be controlled from the TV and an app on iOS or Android mobile devices.
News categories: EchoStar Technologies, Mark Jackson, Apps, Digital TV, Smart Home, Smartphone, USA
OTT TV will be a big hit with consumers this Christmas
Dec 8, 2015 – Over-the-top (OTT) TV will be a big hit for consumers this Christmas, with 52% of viewers around the world planning to use an online TV service during the festive season. This is according to research commissioned by Paywizard.
News categories: Paywizard, Bhavesh Vaghela, Australia, Brazil, Digital TV, Gaming, Germany, Market Research, Set Top Box, Singapore, Smart TV, Smartphone, Streaming, Tablet, UK, USA
- Comscore adds CTV measurement for Indonesia and Malaysia
- MediaTek adds Fraunhofer MPEG-H Audio to Smart TV SoCs
- Vault AI selects Whip Media global audience engagement data
- TVCoins launches white-label FAST platform with viewing incentives built-in
- NAGRA and AIHunters partner on automated ad insertion
- RemoteMeeting video conferencing now available on LG Smart TVs
- Nielsen to measure NFL Thursday Night Football on Prime Video
- Paramount+ subscription bundled into Walmart+
- SVOD subscriptions in Africa to triple by 2027
- UK's Ofcom releases Media Nations 2022 report
- Amagi to power VIDAA's global FAST service expansion
- SEI Robotics and 3SS power Tele2 Tv Hub Mini dongle
- Global installed base of smart home devices exceeds 2bn in 2022
- HBO Max to be available to KPN's broadband, TV and mobile customers
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost ~1,925,000 subscribers in 2Q 2022
- Pay TV revenues in Australia to continue to decline
- Samba TV enters Spanish market via partnership with Smartclip
- Ad-supported Disney+ tier to launch in the U.S. on December 8th
- Foxxum launches RDK-based OS for Connected TVs
- Gracenote enables optimized program metadata distribution