UK (United Kingdom, Great Britain & Northern Ireland) Digital TV News
Six in ten UK households use streaming services
Nov 27, 2019 – Six in ten households (61%) in the UK currently watch streaming services, rising to more than three quarters (77%) of 18- to 34-year-olds. More than four in ten (41%) over-55s also signed up to at least one provider, according to research from uSwitch.com.
News categories: uSwitch, Dani Warner, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, UK
BT TV rolls out hands-free search with Alexa
Nov 22, 2019 – BT is becoming the only UK TV provider to offer Freeview, premium TV channels and Amazon Prime Video with integrated Alexa search and the convenience of one simple bill. Customers can link BT TV to their Alexa account by enabling the BT TV skill via the Alexa app.
News categories: BT TV, Pete Oliver, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Smart Home, UK
Hisense Roku TV models now available in UK
Nov 22, 2019 – Hisense and Roku have announced that Hisense Roku TV models will be available in the UK. Recently announced at IFA 2019, these smart TVs are powered by the Roku OS, offering consumers a premium TV experience at an affordable price.
News categories: Roku, Hisense, Bart Bomers, Arun Bhatoye, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV, UK
BritBox chooses Deltatre as front-end and UX design partner
Nov 21, 2019 – Deltatre has powered the launch of streaming service BritBox. BritBox chose Deltatre as its front-end and design partner, utilising 'AXIS', the company’s targeted UX management platform, to power the front-end of its streaming service.
News categories: Deltatre, BritBox, Ron Downey, Lee Marshall, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, UK, UX
Immersive Economy in the UK 2019 report published
Nov 19, 2019 – Immerse UK and Digital Catapult have published the second Immersive Economy in the UK report. It explores the spread of companies working with immersive technologies such as high-end visualisation, virtual, mixed, and augmented reality, haptics and other sensory interfaces with data.
News categories: Digital Catapult, Immerse UK, Jeremy Silver, Fiona Kilkelly, Market Research, UK, VR
ITV announces new addressable advertising platform: Planet V
Nov 12, 2019 – ITV has announced the launch of its addressable advertising platform - Planet V. Planet V will allow advertisers and agencies control over the purchasing of their campaigns across ITV’s premium VOD service, the ITV Hub.
News categories: ITV, Kelly Williams, Steve Ballinger, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, UK
BBC explores targeting of promotional content using Sky technology
Nov 11, 2019 – Sky and the BBC are to collaborate on content and technology. The BBC iPlayer app and connected red-button service will launch on Sky Q, and the companies will explore the use of Sky’s targeting technology, to serve up more personalised promotional content to BBC viewers.
News categories: Sky, BBC, Stephen van Rooyen, Bob Shennan, Apps, Big Data, Digital TV, Satellite, UK
DTG publishes latest UK TV specifications in D-Book 12
Nov 1, 2019 – The DTG has published the latest version of the D-Book. Requirements that are no longer necessary have been removed from D-Book 12 to respond to the continual evolution of the DTT platform in the UK.
News categories: DTG, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, UK
True Royalty TV scales D2C service with Vimeo OTT technology
Oct 29, 2019 – True Royalty TV has announced that it is using Vimeo’s OTT technology to accelerate its direct-to-consumer business. Vimeo now powers True Royalty TV in all markets, including the U.S., U.K., Ireland, Canada, Australia and New Zealand.
News categories: Vimeo, True Royalty TV, Kathleen Barrett, Gregor Angus, Apps, Australia, Canada, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Ireland, New Zealand, OTT, UK, USA
- Tulix creates streaming platform for launch of Vidgo content
- 605 earns SOC 3 security certification
- Ampersand launches platform for audience-based TV advertising
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 149,000 in 4Q 2019
- 'Swisscom TV X' combines Netflix and TV content
- Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
- U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- NürnbergMesse acquires SCaT India Tradeshow
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service