Digital TV News: A+E Networks
NHL appoints Amagi as FAST channel technology provider
May 8, 2023 – Amagi has announced that the National Hockey League (NHL) has selected the company to create and distribute its first FAST channel to The Roku Channel, and other platforms in the future.
News categories: Amagi, National Hockey League, Srinivasan KA, Chris Foster, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
A+E Networks EMEA expands FAST footprint with Amagi
Apr 20, 2023 – Amagi has partnered with A+E Networks EMEA to distribute three FAST channels in the UK. A+E has deployed Amagi's cloud solutions in the past for playout and channel delivery in Europe.
News categories: Amagi, A+E Networks, Srinivasan KA, Matthew Westrup, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, UK
Amagi powers FAST channels at Estrella Media
Apr 17, 2023 – Amagi has expanded its partnership with Estrella Media to streamline the ingest segmentation, creation, distribution, and monetization of Estrella's FAST channels.
News categories: Amagi, Estrella Media, Srinivasan KA, René Santaella, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
U.S. JIC reveals certification criteria for premium video measurement
Mar 6, 2023 – OpenAP on behalf of the U.S. JIC has announced the publication of initial requirements for premium video cross-platform currencies, a milestone in coalescing the industry around common standards.
News categories: OpenAP, David Levy, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Amagi to distribute CJ ENM content to OTT platforms in the USA
Feb 27, 2023 – CJ ENM has chosen Amagi to distribute its content to OTT platforms in the U.S., including Peacock and The Roku Channel. The partnership leverages Amagi's CLOUDPORT technology for channel creation and distribution.
News categories: Amagi, CJ ENM, Srinivasan KA, Jang-Ho Seo, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Plex joins Amagi CTV content marketplace as platform partner
Jan 19, 2023 – Amagi has announced that Plex has joined its content marketplace as a platform partner. As Amagi’s platform partner, Plex gains access to Amagi's network of 2,000+ FAST channels and AVOD libraries from leading content brands.
News categories: Amagi, Plex, Srinivasan KA, Shawn Eldridge, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Fuse Media expands FAST distribution with Amagi
Dec 14, 2022 – Amagi has announced that Fuse Media has expanded its partnership with Amagi to launch another channel as they continue to grow their presence in the CTV-led Free Ad-supported Streaming TV (FAST) market.
News categories: Amagi, Fuse Media, Srinivasan KA, Cesar Chavez, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Streaming, USA
Amagi acquires Streamwise
Nov 21, 2022 – Amagi has announced it has acquired Streamwise. Streamwise specializes in automating and standardizing data collection across streaming platforms. The acquisition will help Amagi to enhance its data capabilities.
News categories: Amagi, Streamwise, Baskar Subramanian, Doug Shineman, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, MandA, Streaming, Worldwide
Amagi raises over $100 million from General Atlantic
Nov 10, 2022 – Amagi has announced over $100 million in investment, inclusive of $80 million in primary capital, from global growth equity firm General Atlantic. The investment brings Amagi’s valuation to $1.4 billion.
News categories: Amagi, General Atlantic, Baskar Subramanian, Shantanu Rastogi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Private Equity, Streaming, Worldwide
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027
- Netgem releases trading update
- IPTV to partially offset revenue losses in cable and DTH in Korea
- Player.pl available on Xbox consoles, powered by Redge Media
- CHiQ launches latest Google TV series in Europe
- Imagination launches GPU for smart home platforms
- BMW 5 Series to include TiVo video media platform
- Chopin launches streaming service in Poland with Nagra
- Airtel Digital TV subscribers down 39,000 in 1Q 2023
- HBO Max becomes Max
- Tele Columbus selects NAGRA as solution provider for PŸUR TV
- Astro adds WeTV to its Ultra Box
- Comcast introduces NOW TV in the U.S.