Digital TV News: ANCOM
Pay TV subscribers in Romania up 3% in 2018
May 15, 2019 – According to ANCOM, in 2018 the number of pay TV subscribers in Romania grew by 3%, reaching a total of 7.64 million. The trend of previous years continued with subscribers shifting from satellite to cable and IPTV.
News categories: ANCOM, Sorin Grindeanu, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Satellite, Subscribers
Romania adds 110,000 pay TV subscribers in 2H 2016
May 25, 2017 – At end-2016, there were about 7.3 million subscribers to paid audio-visual programme retransmission services in Romania, up by 3% year-on-year, according to data reported to ANCOM by service providers.
News categories: ANCOM, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Romania, Satellite, Subscribers
Romania's ANCOM completes fourth auction of DTT multiplexes
Feb 20, 2017 – Two new local multiplexes, in Iasi and Timisoara, have been awarded in the fourth DTT auction held by ANCOM. M PLUS INVESTMENTS won the Iasi local multiplex, while NOVA MEDIA won a local multiplex for Timisoara.
News categories: ANCOM, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Romania, Terrestrial
Romania ends 1H 2016 with 7.2 million pay TV subscribers
Oct 12, 2016 – According to data published by ANCOM, at the end of the first half of 2016, there were 7.2 million subscribers to paid audio-visual programme retransmission services in Romania, up 5% y.o.y.
News categories: ANCOM, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Romania, Satellite, Subscribers
75.9 million homes in Central and Eastern Europe have pay TV
Jun 28, 2016 – Pay TV revenue in Central and Eastern Europe totaled €5.02 billion in 2015, according to IHS (NYSE: IHS). There were 75.9 million homes in Central and Eastern Europe that had pay TV, an increase of 31 percent between 2010 and 2015.
News categories: IHS, Digital TV, Market Research, Poland, Romania, Russia, Subscribers
ANCOM awards more digital TV multiplexes in Romania
May 13, 2015 – Following bids submitted by the three candidates qualified in the Romanian auction for DTT multiplexes, the auction commission has announced that four multiplexes have been awarded. Info Total Press won three and TV Sat 2002 won one.
News categories: ANCOM, Content Distribution, Romania, Terrestrial
Romania launches new DTT multiplex auction
Mar 18, 2015 – The Romanian Authority for Management and Regulation in Communications (ANCOM) has launched an auction to award the two national, 31 regional and 19 local DTT multiplexes unallocated in the previous selection process.
News categories: ANCOM, Content Distribution, Regulation, Romania, Terrestrial
Five companies bid for DTV multiplex capacity in Romania
Jan 14, 2015 – Five companies have submitted applications in the second procedure held for awarding the digital television multiplexes under which Romanian regulator, ANCOM, is making available to the market 2 national multiplexes, 40 regional multiplexes and 19 local multiplexes.
News categories: ANCOM, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Regulation, Romania, Terrestrial
Romania to auction two national DTT multiplexes
Sep 25, 2014 – The Romanian Authority for Management and Regulation in Communications (ANCOM) has launched a public consultation in preparation for the auction of two remaining national DTT multiplexes, plus 40 regional and 19 local multiplexes.
News categories: ANCOM, Bogdan IANA, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Romania, Terrestrial
- MPEG-H selected as audio system for Brazil's TV 3.0 Project
- Altice partners with Ampersand to sell addressable ad inventory
- Cgates goes live with Synamedia video network solutions
- Video Solutions AG launches AVOD channels with Amagi
- Netflix shows signs of slowing in the U.S.
- A-LIVE partners with Minerva to offer fans NFTs of music concert
- Pay TV revenues in the MENA region to decline by $1.5bn
- ViacomCBS migrates from satellite to IP content distribution with CommScope
- VIDAA selects Unruly SSP and ad server to provide inventory access
- NBCUniversal names iSpot.tv as first cross-platform Video Certified Measurement Partner
- GTPL Hathway finishes 2021 with 7.5 million digital CATV subscribers
- Vewd adds SmarDTV CI Plus CAM to Operator TV ecosystem
- DTH subscribers down 970,000 in India in 3Q 2021
- Global consumer media usage growth slowed to 1.6% in 2021
- castLabs DRM protects online content for PBS
- NBCUniversal and RTL AdConnect offer joint access to ad inventory
- ERT upgrades OTT platform with Telmaco and Insys VT
- QXC Communications launches MDU streaming service with NAGRA
- TCL integrates WiSA wireless audio connectivity module
- Access Advance announces initial VVC/H.266 video patent pool licensors