Digital TV News: ANT Software
Version 1.5 of HbbTV Specification Released
Apr 4, 2012 – The HbbTV consortium has announced the publication of version 1.5 of its hybrid TV specification. Version 1.5 of the HbbTV specification notably introduces support for HTTP adaptive streaming based on the recently published MPEG-DASH specification.
News categories: HbbTV Consortium, Cable TV, Digital TV, HbbTV, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, Terrestrial
IP Vision FetchTV Platform to be made available on third party devices
Dec 18, 2009 – IP Vision has laid out a strategy to enable its FetchTV platform on third party set top boxes alongside its own range of Smartbox devices. As part of the initiative, IP Vision will collaborate with ANT Software (LSE AIM: ANTP).
News categories: IP Vision, ANT plc, Digital TV, HbbTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Streaming, UK
As Online Video Enters the Living Room, User Interfaces Begin the Transition to Web Based Technologies
Jul 29, 2008 – While the rest of the consumer electronics and pay-TV worlds are still stuck in more traditional native code environments, the push for online video and social communities in the living room has resulted in ever-increasing interest in HTML and other web-based technologies on consumer TVs.
News categories: ABI Research, Digital TV, Market Research, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, Streaming
ANT showcasing Intelligent UI at IPTV World Forum 2008
Mar 12, 2008 – ANT (AIM:ANTP) will be demonstrating its new Intelligent User Interface (UI) design at this year's IPTV World Forum. At the core of this new UI is a function that builds a profile of the users' behaviour based on their viewing habits.
News categories: ANT Software, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Video Exchange
The Open IPTV Forum, now consisting of 26 members, publishes its end-to-end Architecture specification
Mar 7, 2008 – The first version of the Service and Platform Requirements document, for both Managed and Open Internet models was released in the autumn of 2007. This document was followed recently by the first Architecture specification.
News categories: Open IPTV Forum, Digital TV, IPTV
ANT Announces First Industry Standard for TV Content Application Development
Oct 8, 2007 – ANT Software (Reuters: ANTP.L, Bloomberg: ANTP.LN) has launched the industry's first standard for TV content application development. Rich Media Access Interface (RMAI) eliminates the need for discrete versions of a TV application to be produced for different client devices.
News categories: ANT Software Limited, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, UK
Accedo and ANT partner to bring next-generation applications to the IPTV market
Mar 5, 2007 – Accedo Broadband has partnered with ANT Software Limited to deliver The Accedo Application Portfolio™ on ANT Galio. ANT and Accedo will work together to drive the IPTV service revolution, and create the foundation for next-generation services in the market.
News categories: ANT Software Limited, Accedo Broadband, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Video Exchange
- Samsung chip to power Hyundai in-vehicle infotainment
- Radio Television Hong Kong selects Irdeto multi-DRM solution
- Spectrum Reach taps Beachfront for programmatic monetization of convergent TV
- Netgem enables multiscreen TV for ZEOP with new UI on Android TV
- KCGM deploys Amagi SaaS offering to distribute anime channel in India
- Leading industry players join IAB Tech Lab advertising standards group
- DingoTV streaming service adds gamification with Edge Video
- Foxxum partners with OTTera to expand app portfolio
- Taiwan Mobile selects Broadpeak for live video streaming to mobiles
- TV Globo affiliate EPTV turns to MediaKind for IP video edge upgrade
- tvOS 17 brings FaceTime and video conferencing to Apple TV 4K
- VIDAA to bring Paramount+ to viewers in Canada and Latin America
- AR/VR headset shipments slowed in Q1 2023
- Introducing Apple Vision Pro: Apple’s first spatial computer
- 49% of U.S. adults watch video via a CTV device daily
- FAST revenues in Eastern Europe set to reach $42m by 2028
- Qvest becomes European League of Football FAST playout partner
- Wyplay acquires iFeelSmart
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace