Digital TV News: Advanced HDR by Technicolor
Baltimore latest NEXTGEN TV service with Advanced HDR
Jun 29, 2021 – Advanced HDR by Technicolor continues to provide its technology to Sinclair Broadcast stations, with WNUV the CW Baltimore the latest to incorporate ATSC 3.0-powered NEXTGEN TV capabilities featuring Advanced HDR.
News categories: Advanced HDR by Technicolor, Tony Bozzini, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA, UX
NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Baltimore
Jun 24, 2021 – Six local television stations in Baltimore, MD, including WMAR-TV, WBAL-TV, WBFF, WNUV, and WMPT and WMPB have begun broadcasting using NEXTGEN TV, powered by ATSC 3.0 technology.
News categories: BitPath, John Hane, Brian Lawlor, Dan Joerres, Mark Aitken, Larry D. Unger, Michael Anderson, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
ATSC 3.0 fixed and mobile performance field tested
Sep 3, 2019 – ONE Media 3.0 (Nasdaq: SBGI), with partners ETRI, InterDigital and Technicolor has run live broadcast tests to validate the integration and quantify the performance of key advanced components of ATSC 3.0.
News categories: ONE Media 3.0, Technicolor, InterDigital, ETRI, Mark Aitken, Thomas Bohan, Alan Stein, Sung-Ik Park, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Mobile, USA
Cinnafilm partners with Technicolor on HDR conversion solution
Feb 7, 2019 – Cinnafilm and Technicolor have announced a partnership to combine their strengths and abilities in image processing and color conversion to provide a file-based solution for High Dynamic Range (HDR) conversions from Standard Dynamic Range (SDR) source material.
News categories: Cinnafilm, Technicolor, Lance Maurer, Kirk Barker, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Worldwide
Amazon Alexa Skill available on 2018 LG AI-enabled TVs
May 29, 2018 – LG Electronics USA has announced that 2018 LG OLED TVs and LG SUPER UHD TVs with AI ThinQ are now compatible with Alexa-enabled devices through the LG SmartThinQ Skill for Amazon Alexa.
News categories: LG Electronics, Tim Alessi, Big Data, Digital TV, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA
ALi to incorporate Advanced HDR from Technicolor in STB chipsets
Jan 8, 2018 – ALi Corp has announced that its upcoming generation of chipsets will feature Advanced HDR from Technicolor. Advanced HDR combines HDR with Technicolor Intelligent Tone Management (ITM), an SDR to HDR conversion tool.
News categories: ALi Corp, Technicolor, Daniel Huang, Kirk Barker, Frederic Guillanneuf, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Silicon IP, Worldwide
- Roku launches OneView ad platform for Canada
- NEXTGEN TV launched on five local TV stations in St. Louis, MO
- Redbox signs distribution agreement with Vewd
- SpringServe first independent ad server to integrate with IRIS.TV
- Robust growth forecast for SVOD revenue in India
- Latest Vestel TVs certified for DTS:X immersive audio
- Wiztivi develops UI for Sagemcom Video Soundbox STB
- AlphaOTT partners with STI Telecom for OTT/IPTV headend services
- UEI providing voice-enabled remote for Astro's Ultra set-tops
- Ross Video withdraws from IBC 2021 exhibition
- Comcast brings XiOne streaming box to the U.S.
- Liberty Global to sell UPC Polska to iliad’s Play subsidiary
- Subscription fatigue in Australia? Not yet but on the way
- Sofia Digital working on a central service list registry for DVB-I
- Sony Pictures Networks India and Zee Entertainment negotiating merger
- Roku's Shopify app enables small business TV ad campaigns
- Americans move from bingeing on TV to social media in 2021
- VideoElephant makes 150 linear video channels available for licensing
- Android TV in 25% of advanced set-top boxes
- Pure TV launches in Ireland based on the Netgem TV platform