Digital TV News: Amazon Video
55% of U.S. broadband households now own a Smart TV
Feb 10, 2022 – A Parks Associates' whitepaper reports 55% of U.S. broadband households now own a smart TV, pushing the device to be the default platform for streaming content. Consumers are increasingly interested in having all their entertainment available on a single device.
News categories: Parks Associates, Eric Sorensen, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
Competition driving OTT TV & video subscription growth
Jan 21, 2021 – According to Juniper Research, competition in the OTT streaming market is motivating providers to seek alternative revenue channels with the market seeing greater experimentation with hybrid monetisation models.
News categories: Juniper Research, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Worldwide
Connected TV and streaming player adoption spurring digital video purchases and rentals
Oct 30, 2018 – According to The NPD Group, as of August 2018, 61 million households in the U.S. had at least one internet-connected TV, video game console, Blu-ray Disc player or streaming media player. As a result more consumers are choosing to rent and purchase digital movies.
News categories: NPD Group, John Buffone, Ricardo Solar, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
US SVOD subscriptions to reach 208 million
Aug 13, 2018 – The number of SVOD subscriptions in the US will climb from 132 million in 2017 to 208 million in 2023. Digital TV Research estimates that 73.5% of TV households will subscribe to at least one SVOD platform by 2023.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Subscribers, USA
Aiming to be local everywhere, Amazon and Netflix ramp up content production
Jul 18, 2018 – Since rolling out worldwide in 2016, Amazon and Netflix have both stepped up original video content production. Netflix launched 1,257 hours of original first-run content in 2017, well ahead of Amazon Prime Video’s 285 hours, according to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO).
News categories: IHS Markit, Tim Westcott, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Worldwide
250 million households now pay for streaming video services
Feb 27, 2018 – The number of households worldwide which pay for streaming video services such as Netflix and Amazon Video has now broken through the 250 million mark, according to the latest research from Strategy Analytics.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, Michael Goodman, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Subscribers, Worldwide
CBS All Access now available on Amazon Channels
Jan 5, 2018 – CBS All Access, CBS’ SVOD and live streaming service, and Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) have launched the ability for Amazon Prime members to add CBS All Access’ commercial-free offering to their Prime membership with Amazon Channels.
News categories: CBS All Access, Amazon, Rob Gelick, Greg Hart, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Select Hisense Smart TVs add Amazon Alexa for 2018
Jan 3, 2018 – Hisense has announced that Alexa capabilities will be available on select models of Hisense 4K Smart TVs for the very first time. This is part of Hisense's larger initiative to make interacting with Smart TVs easier and more intuitive than ever before.
News categories: Hisense, Amazon, Mark Viken, Steve Rabuchin, CES2023, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA, UX
ATP expands partnership with Amazon Prime Video
Nov 17, 2017 – ATP and ATP Media have announced two new deals with Amazon Prime Video – live and on-demand distribution rights to the ATP World Tour in U.K. and Republic of Ireland, and the availability of Tennis TV on Amazon Channels in the U.S.
News categories: ATP, ATP Media, Amazon, Chris Kermode, Mark Webster, Stuart Watts, Jim DeLorenzo, Digital TV, Ireland, Streaming, UK, USA
- CDNetworks powers VSTV K+ OTT streaming in Vietnam
- 24i and Amagi partner to enable rapid launch of streaming services
- Net Insight and Skyline partner on live video workflows
- Mixed fortunes for pay TV in the Asia Pacific region
- Evolution Digital integrates OpenSync with an Android TV set-top box
- ARF calls for move away from TV households as basis of TV measurement
- 76% of SVOD services to introduce ads in the next two years
- Free, ad-supported streaming takes off in the U.S.
- NextGen TV begins broadcasting in Des Moines, IA
- PANTAFLIX to dispose of streaming technology subsidiary
- Harmonic powers live sports streaming for VertiCast
- Eurovision Sport selects Ad Insertion Platform monetization solution
- TV reception over the Internet continues to grow in Switzerland
- Ateme launches statmux for NextGen TV and streaming services
- Canela Media chooses Amagi for FAST content monetization
- SES in discussions regarding possible combination with Intelsat
- Comscore expands 48-hour television reporting
- TCCL deploys iWedia Android TV Custom Launcher
- LiveU joins AWS Partner Network
- 63% of rural Americans bundle internet and TV