Digital TV News: Amazon Video
Competition driving OTT TV & video subscription growth
Jan 21, 2021 – According to Juniper Research, competition in the OTT streaming market is motivating providers to seek alternative revenue channels with the market seeing greater experimentation with hybrid monetisation models.
News categories: Juniper Research, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Worldwide
Connected TV and streaming player adoption spurring digital video purchases and rentals
Oct 30, 2018 – According to The NPD Group, as of August 2018, 61 million households in the U.S. had at least one internet-connected TV, video game console, Blu-ray Disc player or streaming media player. As a result more consumers are choosing to rent and purchase digital movies.
News categories: NPD Group, John Buffone, Ricardo Solar, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
US SVOD subscriptions to reach 208 million
Aug 13, 2018 – The number of SVOD subscriptions in the US will climb from 132 million in 2017 to 208 million in 2023. Digital TV Research estimates that 73.5% of TV households will subscribe to at least one SVOD platform by 2023.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Subscribers, USA
Aiming to be local everywhere, Amazon and Netflix ramp up content production
Jul 18, 2018 – Since rolling out worldwide in 2016, Amazon and Netflix have both stepped up original video content production. Netflix launched 1,257 hours of original first-run content in 2017, well ahead of Amazon Prime Video’s 285 hours, according to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO).
News categories: IHS Markit, Tim Westcott, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Worldwide
250 million households now pay for streaming video services
Feb 27, 2018 – The number of households worldwide which pay for streaming video services such as Netflix and Amazon Video has now broken through the 250 million mark, according to the latest research from Strategy Analytics.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, Michael Goodman, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Subscribers, Worldwide
CBS All Access now available on Amazon Channels
Jan 5, 2018 – CBS All Access, CBS’ SVOD and live streaming service, and Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) have launched the ability for Amazon Prime members to add CBS All Access’ commercial-free offering to their Prime membership with Amazon Channels.
News categories: CBS All Access, Amazon, Rob Gelick, Greg Hart, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Select Hisense Smart TVs add Amazon Alexa for 2018
Jan 3, 2018 – Hisense has announced that Alexa capabilities will be available on select models of Hisense 4K Smart TVs for the very first time. This is part of Hisense's larger initiative to make interacting with Smart TVs easier and more intuitive than ever before.
News categories: Hisense, Amazon, Mark Viken, Steve Rabuchin, CES2022, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA, UX
ATP expands partnership with Amazon Prime Video
Nov 17, 2017 – ATP and ATP Media have announced two new deals with Amazon Prime Video – live and on-demand distribution rights to the ATP World Tour in U.K. and Republic of Ireland, and the availability of Tennis TV on Amazon Channels in the U.S.
News categories: ATP, ATP Media, Amazon, Chris Kermode, Mark Webster, Stuart Watts, Jim DeLorenzo, Digital TV, Ireland, Streaming, UK, USA
INSIGHT TV joins Amazon Channels line-up in UK and Germany
Oct 16, 2017 – INSIGHT TV has announced a distribution deal with Amazon as part of its new Amazon Channels service. The deal sees INSIGHT TV deliver its popular HD SVOD and linear TV services to Amazon Prime members in the UK and Germany.
News categories: INSIGHT TV, Amazon, Natalie Boot, Digital TV, Germany, Streaming, UK
- SpringServe first independent ad server to integrate with IRIS.TV
- Robust growth forecast for SVOD revenue in India
- Latest Vestel TVs certified for DTS:X immersive audio
- Wiztivi develops UI for Sagemcom Video Soundbox STB
- AlphaOTT partners with STI Telecom for OTT/IPTV headend services
- UEI providing voice-enabled remote for Astro's Ultra set-tops
- Ross Video withdraws from IBC 2021 exhibition
- Comcast brings XiOne streaming box to the U.S.
- Liberty Global to sell UPC Polska to iliad’s Play subsidiary
- Subscription fatigue in Australia? Not yet but on the way
- Sofia Digital working on a central service list registry for DVB-I
- Sony Pictures Networks India and Zee Entertainment negotiating merger
- Roku's Shopify app enables small business TV ad campaigns
- Americans move from bingeing on TV to social media in 2021
- VideoElephant makes 150 linear video channels available for licensing
- Android TV in 25% of advanced set-top boxes
- Pure TV launches in Ireland based on the Netgem TV platform
- FreeWheel and Strategus unlock access to CTV inventory
- SVOD subscriptions in Eastern Europe to double
- Roku introduces 4K and 4K+ streaming sticks