Digital TV News: Astro TV
beIN sports, iQIYI and TVBAnywhere+ apps now on Astro Ultra Box
Sep 21, 2022 – Astro Malaysia has launched the beIN SPORTS CONNECT, iQIYI and TVBAnywhere+ apps on its Ultra Box, allowing customers to stream more live sporting events and Asian entertainment on their big screen TV.
News categories: Astro TV, Euan Smith, Apps, Digital TV, Malaysia, Set Top Box, Streaming
Astro integrates Netflix into its Ultra Box
Nov 9, 2021 – Astro has unveiled its new Astro experience, enabling customers to stream Netflix on Astro TV. Customers can now enjoy services such as Netflix, Disney+ Hotstar, HBO GO, iQIYI and TVBAnywhere+, as well as Astro's shows and sports, all in one place.
News categories: Astro, Netflix, Euan Smith, Azlin Arshad, Tony Zameczkowski, Apps, Digital TV, Malaysia, Satellite, Set Top Box
Malaysia's Astro launches 'Astro On-The-Go' for iPad
May 30, 2012 – Astro On-The-Go is initially available to Astro customers as a free preview on the iPad. The commercial roll out starts on 1 September 2012. During this phase, Astro On-The-Go will be extended to Android devices.
News categories: Astro, Malaysia, Smartphone, Streaming, Tablet, TV Everywhere
Astro B.yond IPTV launches in Malaysia
Apr 20, 2011 – Astro, in collaboration with TIME dotCom Berhad (TIME), has launched Astro B.yond IPTV, a multiplay offering of Astro channels in HD with Personal Video Recording (PVR), and VOD services delivered via TIME's 100% fibre broadband offering.
News categories: Astro TV, TIME dotCom, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Malaysia, Satellite
ASTRO, TIME to combine TV and broadband in Malaysia
Dec 21, 2010 – Astro and TIME dotCom Berhad (TIME) have entered into a partnership to jointly bring the best of TV and broadband services for the benefit of customers.
News categories: ASTRO, Time dotCom, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Malaysia, Satellite, Set Top Box
ASTRO testing IPTV with Time dotCom in Malaysia
Sep 9, 2010 – Malaysia's ASTRO TV has been testing IPTV on the fibre optic network of Time dotCom Bhd (TDC) since the end of July. The trial involves 100 homes in the township of Mont Kiara in the Klang Valley region of Malaysia.
News categories: ASTRO TV, Time dotCom, IPTV, Malaysia, Satellite
ASTRO brings Next Generation Entertainment to Malaysian homes
Dec 11, 2009 – Astro has launched ASTRO B.yond, a multi-phased innovative service starting with the first ever High Definition (HD) broadcast, setting yet another new benchmark in Malaysia's broadcast industry.
News categories: Astro TV, Digital TV, DVR, Malaysia, Satellite, Set Top Box
ASTRO Malaysia adds 94k DTH subscribers in quarter to end-October
Dec 9, 2009 – ASTRO ALL ASIA NETWORKS has announced results for the period ended 31 October 2009. In the quarter, Astro TV added 94,000 net subscribers in Malaysia and Sun Direct TV in India added 500,000 new customers, bringing its total to 4.0 million.
News categories: Astro, Sun Direct TV, India, Malaysia, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
Astro announces Quarterly Financial Results Q3 FY2009
Dec 15, 2008 – Malaysia's ASTRO All Asia Networks (Kuala Lumpur:ASTRO) has announced its unaudited consolidated results for the third quarter ended 31 October 2008. Astro TV subscribers increased by 96 thousand to 2.565 million at the end of the quarter.
News categories: ASTRO All Asia Networks, India, Malaysia, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
- Netgem enables multiscreen TV for ZEOP with new UI on Android TV
- KCGM deploys Amagi SaaS offering to distribute anime channel in India
- Leading industry players join IAB Tech Lab advertising standards group
- DingoTV streaming service adds gamification with Edge Video
- Foxxum partners with OTTera to expand app portfolio
- Taiwan Mobile selects Broadpeak for live video streaming to mobiles
- TV Globo affiliate EPTV turns to MediaKind for IP video edge upgrade
- tvOS 17 brings FaceTime and video conferencing to Apple TV 4K
- VIDAA to bring Paramount+ to viewers in Canada and Latin America
- AR/VR headset shipments slowed in Q1 2023
- Introducing Apple Vision Pro: Apple’s first spatial computer
- 49% of U.S. adults watch video via a CTV device daily
- FAST revenues in Eastern Europe set to reach $42m by 2028
- Qvest becomes European League of Football FAST playout partner
- Wyplay acquires iFeelSmart
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX