Digital TV News: Bell Media
Bell becomes Canada's largest TV provider
Nov 4, 2015 – Bell has announced that the popularity of Fibe TV has made Bell TV the largest provider of television services in Canada for the first time, with more than 2.7 million TV customers across the country.
News categories: Bell Canada, George Cope, Apps, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, Mobile, OTT, Subscribers
Bell Media's CraveTV to Go OTT on January 1
Jul 13, 2015 – Bell Media has announced that its premium TV streaming service CraveTV will become available direct to all Canadian consumers with access to the internet on January 1, 2016. CraveTV is currently only available to subscribers of participating television providers.
News categories: Bell Media, Mary Ann Turcke, Canada, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT
Canada's CraveTV available through four more TV providers
Mar 18, 2015 – Bell Media has announced that four additional television service providers are now carrying its television streaming service, CraveTV: Hay Communications, Mitchell Seaforth Cable TV, Tuckersmith Communications, and Wightman Telecom.
News categories: Bell Media, CraveTV, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, Set Top Box
Bell Media introduces CraveTV in Canada
Dec 3, 2014 – Bell Media has introduced Canada to CraveTV™, the company's subscription on-demand video streaming service launching on Thursday, Dec. 11. Costing $4/Month, CraveTV brings simplicity, ubiquity, accessibility, and premium content to Canadian TV lovers.
News categories: Bell Media, CraveTV, Kevin Crull, Domenic Vivolo, Mike Cosentino, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, TV Everywhere
TELUS, Bell Canada, and Bell Aliant sign up to 'Project Latte' streaming
Nov 5, 2014 – Bell Media has announced that it has reached distribution deals with TELUS, Bell Canada, and Bell Aliant to deliver its video streaming service, code-named 'Project Latte'. 'Project Latte' is to open to every TV provider in Canada.
News categories: Bell Media, TELUS, Bell Canada, Bell Aliant, Kevin Crull, David Fuller, Wade Oosterman, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, OTT, Satellite
Bell Media to launch on-demand subscription TV in Canada
Oct 30, 2014 – Canada's Bell Media has announced that it will soon launch a video streaming service. The on-demand subscription service, currently code-named 'Project Latte', will feature thousands of hours of content representing TV's top premium brands including HBO.
News categories: Bell Media, Kevin Crull, Mike Cosentino, Canada, Digital TV, OTT
- Freesat 4K STB receives EICS certification with DTG Testing
- Cox Media Group Local Solutions partners with Amazon Advertising
- Samba TV announces global TV viewership dashboard
- Sky Brasil's SKY Connect 4K Android TV DVR powered by Wyplay
- NBCUniversal adopts Ad-ID for its One Platform
- Redbox to expand free live TV content with Wurl
- ThinkAnalytics rebrands its suite as 'Think360'
- Grupo Werthein to buy AT&T's Vrio operations
- ITV and Sky upgrade their commercial partnership
- TCL passes TÜV Rheinland ETSI EN 303 645 test for IoT devices
- OFIVE TV partners with Amagi for distribution to FAST platforms
- Comscore provides audience measurement currency to Spectrum Reach
- Global Smart TV household ownership to exceed 50% by 2026
- Innovid quantifies CTV impact on advertising in the U.S.
- HbbTV releases Targeted Advertising specification for TV sets in STB markets
- TheViewPoint supports OTT monetization at Caracol TV
- Altice USA introduces Optimum and Suddenlink 4K streaming device
- ThinkAnalytics integrates Gracenote Personalized Imagery
- CNN+ streaming service to launch in Q1 2022
- Verimatrix CA chosen for digital TV switchover initiative in Nigeria