Digital TV News: CI Plus LLP
Eurofins to serve as exclusive CI Plus 2.0 test partner
May 13, 2019 – Eurofins Digital Testing has announced that it will serve as the official test partner for the CI Plus 2.0 standard. Eurofins will provide early access to the automated CI Plus 2.0 test tool to enable pre-testing of devices in advance of certification.
News categories: Eurofins Digital Testing, CI Plus LLP, Johan Craeybeckx, CAM, Digital TV, QoE, Smart TV, Worldwide
SMiT first with CI Plus ECP-certified CAM
Sep 12, 2018 – SMiT has announced that it has successfully passed CI Plus ECP's official certification, testing and registration processes for its Conditional Access Module (CAM) device. The device is the first of its kind to have done so.
News categories: SMiT, Li Yanrong, CAM, Digital TV, Smart TV, Worldwide
CI Plus launches new ECP Security Level
Sep 10, 2018 – CI Plus has announced the launch of a new CI Plus Enhanced Content Protection (ECP) Security Level designed to protect premium content and UHD TV. The new CI Plus ECP Security Level is designed to satisfy the content protection requirements of MovieLabs.
News categories: CI Plus, CAM, Digital TV, Smart TV, Worldwide
Nicolas Stefanelli appointed as Chairman at CI Plus
Feb 6, 2018 – NEOTION has announced that Nicolas STEFANELLI, Strategic Partnerships at NEOTION, has been nominated as Chairman of the CI Plus LLP board for 2018. He’s the tenth chairman and succeeds Peter LANIGAN from TP Vision.
News categories: NEOTION, CI Plus LLP, Nicolas STEFANELLI, Peter LANIGAN, CAM, Digital TV, Worldwide
450 million CI+ devices deployed
Feb 18, 2016 – CI Plus LLP has announced that the number of CI Plus compatible devices has now exceeded 450 Million units deployed in the market and has also outlined its vision for the future of CI Plus.
News categories: CI Plus LLP, Africa, Asia, CAM, Content Protection, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research, Smart TV
Eurofins to provide pay TV security certification for MOST in-car infotainment systems
Nov 2, 2015 – Eurofins Digital Testing has announced that it is the official lab for certifying Pay TV enabled automotive infotainment systems, which use the MOST network to transport CI+ protected content, using Digital Transmission Content Protection (DTCP).
News categories: Eurofins Digital Testing, Andy Hickman, Content Protection, Digital TV, In-Car, QoE, Worldwide
Microchip enables CI+ based pay TV in automotive infotainment networks
Oct 13, 2015 – Microchip (NASDAQ: MCHP) has announced that system designers using MOST technology in their automotive infotainment networks can now use Microchip's MOST networking products to bring CI+-based Pay TV to their cars.
News categories: Microchip Technology, Dan Termer, Content Protection, Digital TV, In-Car, Semiconductor, Worldwide
MOST to use CI+ for in-car protected content distribution
Oct 6, 2015 – The MOST Cooperation has released its latest MOST Stream Transmission Specification that includes support for the MOST CI+ Interim License Agreement. CI+ will allow a MOST network to transport protected content using Digital Transmission Content Protection (DTCP).
News categories: MOST Cooperation, CI Plus LLP, Henry Muyshondt, Laurent Molac, Content Protection, Digital TV, In-Car, Worldwide
DVB unveils features of forthcoming DVB-CI Plus specification
Sep 13, 2013 – At IBC, DVB will unveil its work incorporating the latest version of CI Plus Extensions (V1.4) into the forthcoming DVB-CI Plus specification. The upcoming standard will enable IPTV to be delivered directly to the TV, without the need for a set-top box.
News categories: DVB Project, Peter Siebert, CAM, Digital TV, IBC2019, Smart TV
- Verimatrix introduces DRM for video protection between devices
- Omdia cuts 2020 TV shipment forecast by 10 percentage points
- Comscore research shows continuing surge in U.S. daytime TV viewing
- FCC proposed rule change to support ATSC 3.0 distributed transmission
- VideoAmp creates combined Smart TV and STB viewing dataset for the U.S.
- Roku OS 9.3 begins roll-out
- Italian local re-broadcaster RAS goes live with Synamedia virtualized DCM
- Altice Europe terminates discussions on acquisition of Partner Communications
- Asia Pacific set for 417 million SVOD subscribers
- Velocix introduces CDN software for 5G video streaming
- Comscore sees notable rise in U.S. streaming usage
- Movies Anywhere app comes to LG Smart TVs
- Singtel puts HOOQ into liquidation
- COVID-19 pandemic to reduce global TV brand shipments by 5.8% in 2020
- Six million viewers for Italy's tivùsat
- Wicket Labs adds $1.9m of extra funding
- NENT Group to launch Viaplay in Iceland on April 1st
- TV antenna usage in US broadband households up 25% in 2019
- Coronavirus expected to add 5% to global VOD subscriptions in 2020
- COVID-19 response to bolster cloud gaming revenues