Digital TV News: CI Plus LLP
Eurofins updates testing services for CI Plus 2.0
Jul 29, 2020 – Eurofins has launched updated testing services for the CI Plus 2.0 standard. Eurofins is the exclusive test partner for v2.0, appointed by CI Plus LLP. CI Plus 2.0 Host Device Registration for licensees commenced on July 20th.
News categories: Eurofins Digital Testing, CI Plus LLP, Johan Craeybeckx, Vlaho Kostov, CAM, Digital TV, Worldwide
Eurofins to serve as exclusive CI Plus 2.0 test partner
May 13, 2019 – Eurofins Digital Testing has announced that it will serve as the official test partner for the CI Plus 2.0 standard. Eurofins will provide early access to the automated CI Plus 2.0 test tool to enable pre-testing of devices in advance of certification.
News categories: Eurofins Digital Testing, CI Plus LLP, Johan Craeybeckx, CAM, Digital TV, QoE, Smart TV, Worldwide
SMiT first with CI Plus ECP-certified CAM
Sep 12, 2018 – SMiT has announced that it has successfully passed CI Plus ECP's official certification, testing and registration processes for its Conditional Access Module (CAM) device. The device is the first of its kind to have done so.
News categories: SMiT, Li Yanrong, CAM, Digital TV, Smart TV, Worldwide
CI Plus launches new ECP Security Level
Sep 10, 2018 – CI Plus has announced the launch of a new CI Plus Enhanced Content Protection (ECP) Security Level designed to protect premium content and UHD TV. The new CI Plus ECP Security Level is designed to satisfy the content protection requirements of MovieLabs.
News categories: CI Plus, CAM, Digital TV, Smart TV, Worldwide
Nicolas Stefanelli appointed as Chairman at CI Plus
Feb 6, 2018 – NEOTION has announced that Nicolas STEFANELLI, Strategic Partnerships at NEOTION, has been nominated as Chairman of the CI Plus LLP board for 2018. He’s the tenth chairman and succeeds Peter LANIGAN from TP Vision.
News categories: NEOTION, CI Plus LLP, Nicolas STEFANELLI, Peter LANIGAN, CAM, Digital TV, Worldwide
450 million CI+ devices deployed
Feb 18, 2016 – CI Plus LLP has announced that the number of CI Plus compatible devices has now exceeded 450 Million units deployed in the market and has also outlined its vision for the future of CI Plus.
News categories: CI Plus LLP, Africa, Asia, CAM, Content Protection, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research, Smart TV
Eurofins to provide pay TV security certification for MOST in-car infotainment systems
Nov 2, 2015 – Eurofins Digital Testing has announced that it is the official lab for certifying Pay TV enabled automotive infotainment systems, which use the MOST network to transport CI+ protected content, using Digital Transmission Content Protection (DTCP).
News categories: Eurofins Digital Testing, Andy Hickman, Content Protection, Digital TV, In-Car, QoE, Worldwide
Microchip enables CI+ based pay TV in automotive infotainment networks
Oct 13, 2015 – Microchip (NASDAQ: MCHP) has announced that system designers using MOST technology in their automotive infotainment networks can now use Microchip's MOST networking products to bring CI+-based Pay TV to their cars.
News categories: Microchip Technology, Dan Termer, Content Protection, Digital TV, In-Car, Semiconductor, Worldwide
MOST to use CI+ for in-car protected content distribution
Oct 6, 2015 – The MOST Cooperation has released its latest MOST Stream Transmission Specification that includes support for the MOST CI+ Interim License Agreement. CI+ will allow a MOST network to transport protected content using Digital Transmission Content Protection (DTCP).
News categories: MOST Cooperation, CI Plus LLP, Henry Muyshondt, Laurent Molac, Content Protection, Digital TV, In-Car, Worldwide
- NEXTGEN TV launches on six local TV stations in Mobile-Pensacola
- Comscore ad marketplace for Connected TV goes global
- Foxtel selects TiVo to power voice search
- Applicaster technology stack accelerates video app development
- AT&T U.S. down 627k; Vrio up 229k video subs in 3Q 2020
- Q1-Q3 2020 Smart TV sales up 14% in Germany
- Technicolor teams with Google to promote hybrid Android TV devices
- BitRouter releases ATSC3pro receiver software update
- Deutsche TV-Plattform launches CI+ 2.0 initiative
- Ultra HD Forum updates Guidelines and plans watermarking API
- WarnerMedia RIDE streaming comes to AT&T-connected GM vehicles
- U.S. has close to 300 OTT video services
- ENENSYS ATSC 3.0 solution deployed by SEI and VSatcast
- Sinclair acquires two TV stations in Washington, DC
- FreeWheel releases H1 2020 U.S. Video Marketplace Report
- Eutelsat selected by Kabelio for new Swiss HD platform
- RCN, Grande and Wave launch TiVo Stream 4K
- Nielsen to measure CTV campaigns on YouTube & YouTube TV
- Tata Elxsi selected as certified 3PL partner for Google Widevine
- 58 million U.S. broadband households to be MVPD-free by 2025