Digital TV News: CONATEL
Venezuela ends 2010 with 2.5 million Pay TV subscribers
Mar 10, 2011 – According to statistics published by its Comisión Nacional de Telecomunicaciones (CONATEL), pay TV subscriptions in Venezuela at the end of the 2010 were 2.53 million, up from 2.19 million at the end of 2009. Household penetration reached 36.7%.
News categories: CONATEL, Cable TV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, Venezuela
Tigo to launch pay TV in Paraguay
Jan 6, 2011 – Mobile phone operator Tigo (NASDAQ:MICC) has announced plans to launch pay TV in Paraguay in July this year. The service will initially be offered in the regions of Luque, San Lorenzo, Fernando de la Mora, Lambaré and the capital Asunción.
News categories: Millicom, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Paraguay
Venezuela Pay TV subscriptions reach 2.2 million in 2Q10
Aug 24, 2010 – According to statistics published by CONATEL, pay TV subscriptions in Venezuela at the end of the second quarter of 2010 were 2.21 million, up from 2.01 million at the end of the same period of 2009. Household penetration reached 32.39%.
News categories: CONATEL, Market Research, Subscribers, Venezuela
Paraguay adopts ISDB for digital TV
Jun 2, 2010 – As recommended by the Comisión Nacional de Telecomunicaciones (CONATEL) the President of Paraguay has decreed that the country shall adopt the Japanese-Brazilian ISDB standard for digital terrestrial television transmission.
News categories: CONATEL, Digital TV, ISDB-T, Paraguay, SBTVD, Terrestrial
Paraguay DTT standard recommendation expected in May
Mar 8, 2010 – Paraguay's telecoms services regulator CONATEL expects in May to issue a recommendation to the executive branch regarding which digital standard the country should adopt, local newspaper Última Hora reported.
News categories: Conatel, Digital TV, Paraguay, Terrestrial
Venezuela - CONATEL will meet with technicians from France and Japan to define digital TV standard
Nov 21, 2007 – Representatives of the National Telecommunications Commission (CONATEL) will travel to France and Japan to enable Venezuela to decide whether to adopt either the European or Japanese standard for digital terrestrial television.
News categories: Comisión Nacional de Telecomunicaciones (CONATEL), Digital TV, ISDB-T, Terrestrial, TV Services, Venezuela
Honduras - ATSC selected for the DTT platform
Jan 19, 2007 – The telecommunications regulator Conatel has announced that Honduras will adopt the ATSC standard for its digital terrestrial television platform.
News categories: Conatel, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Honduras, Terrestrial
- Discovery+ launching on Sling TV and Dish TV
- FAST Channels TV provides linear channels for Digital TV Cyprus OTT platform
- Video streaming services lost further playtime per user in H1 2022
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 85,000 in 2Q 2022
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 257,000 in 2Q 2022
- Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia
- RTL Deutschland and Seven.One Entertainment to create addressable TV JV
- Charter residential video customers down 240,000 in 2Q 2022
- Access Advance adds further patent owners
- Disney+ app integrated on Foxtel set top boxes
- ADTH introduces ultra-compact USB ATSC 3.0 receiver
- ATSC 3.0-in-a-box from ENENSYS and Ateme powers WCRN Boston NEXTGEN TV
- Sinclair partners with Korean broadcasters to further NextGen broadcasting
- Linear TV viewing down as online long form viewing time continues to grow
- Auton and Anywave launch ATSC 3.0 broadcast internet test lab in Oregon
- OAN expands CTV reach with NetRange
- Liberty Global, Telefónica, InfraVia Capital to build fibre network in the UK