Digital TV News: Cable & Telecommunications Association for Marketing
Cable Industry Launches SelecTV™ Brand to Promote Viewer Adoption Of ITV
May 10, 2010 – The U.S. cable industry has announced the launch of 'SelecTV™,' a consumer-facing brand that will appear on-screen to indicate the availability of interactive television content.
News categories: Canoe Ventures, SelecTV, Cable TV, Middleware, USA
Hollywood Studios and Cable Companies Launch Campaign to Promote Movies on Demand
Mar 17, 2010 – The U.S.'s major Hollywood studios and cable companies have joined forces for a push to expand consumer awareness of the value offered by Movies On Demand®, a service that provides a way to rent box office hits on cable.
News categories: Cable & Telecommunications Association for Marketing, Movies On Demand, Cable TV, OTT, USA
Pace Introduces First to Market Multiroom DVR Solution
Oct 26, 2009 – Pace (LSE: PIC) has revealed an advanced multiroom DVR solution, Home Content Sharing (HCS). Pace's HCS utilizes centralized storage and Rovi Corporation (NASDAQ: ROVI) software to connect multiple high definition (HD) set-top boxes within the home.
News categories: Pace plc, Rovi Corp, CTAM, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, Home Server, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home
HDTVs in More than Half of All U.S. Homes
Aug 4, 2009 – A recent CTAM tracking Pulse report shows strong growth over the past year in HDTV ownership. In 2009, 53 percent of total U.S. households report owning a high definition television, an 18 percentage point increase in ownership over 2008.
News categories: CTAM, DVD, Gaming, Market Research, Smart TV, USA
US - Digital Cable Growth Continues to Exceed Satellite
Aug 19, 2008 – Digital cable penetration has surpassed that of satellite television service for the last three years, according to new research by CTAM: Cable & Telecommunications Association for Marketing.
News categories: CTAM, Blu-ray, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, USA
Tru2way™ Brand to Succeed 'OpenCable™ Platform' in Consumer and Retail Settings
Jan 7, 2008 – The U.S. cable industry has adopted the 'tru2way™' brand to succeed use of the term 'OpenCable™ Platform' as it applies to the marketing and branding of the interactive video platform for consumers and in retail markets.
News categories: CableLabs, tru2way, Cable Modem, Cable TV, Digital TV, DOCSIS, Set Top Box, USA
81 Million People in US Watch Broadband Video
Jul 17, 2007 – An estimated 81 million people, or 63% of the 129 million people who access the Internet over broadband in the U.S., watch broadband video at home or at work, according to new research conducted by The Nielsen Company.
News categories: Nielsen, Cable & Telecommunications Association for Marketing (CTAM), Broadband, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA
US - HDTV and Digital Cable Make a Match
Jul 10, 2007 – The Cable & Telecommunications Association for Marketing (CTAM) reports that 29% of cable TV customers own an HDTV set; just one year ago 15% of those customers had an HD set.
News categories: Cable & Telecommunications Association for Marketing (CTAM), Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, Market Research, Satellite, USA
- Amazon announces new Fire TV devices and redesigned UX
- ENENSYS announces ATSC 3.0 head end for hybrid delivery
- AdLedger pilots OTT video ad deployment using blockchain
- VR market to grow despite pandemic blow to location-based segment
- Graham Media renews with Comscore for TV measurement
- 317 million SVOD subscriptions for the U.S. in 2025
- Clearcable adds Minerva Networks IPTV platform to offering
- Amino helps Colsecor add SENSA OTT to legacy set-top boxes
- 3SS provides technology for STINGTV app from Yes
- Discovery acquires assets of adtech start-up AdSparx
- SimulTV picks Limelight Edge services for global video delivery
- U.S. pay TV suffers historic cord-cutting
- SpotX unveils programmatic solutions for linear Addressable TV
- Sluggish growth expected for pay TV in India
- Vubiquity secures content services agreement with Liberty Global
- TV panel prices could rise by around 10% QoQ in 4Q20
- TV Red Digital chooses Anevia and Viaccess-Orca for ISP TV platform
- Azam TV extends contract and takes additional capacity with Eutelsat
- Comscore expands global Connected TV footprint with Samba TV
- Irdeto brings enhanced security services to Forthnet