Digital TV News: Coalition for Innovative Media Measurement
CIMM to develop Guide to Converged TV Measurement Providers in the U.S.
Dec 1, 2021 – The CIMM has announced an initiative to develop a Guide to Converged TV Measurement Providers offering a landscape of the Converged TV measurement ecosystem in the U.S., along with a comparative analysis of the companies involved.
News categories: CIMM, Jane Clarke, Jon Watts, Alan Wolk, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
CIMM and the ARF release media measurement Lexicon 4.0
Nov 3, 2021 – The Coalition for Innovative Media Measurement (CIMM) and the ARF (Advertising Research Foundation) have released the fourth iteration of a common language for media measurement, Lexicon 4.0, which includes a compilation of terms and definitions for the industry.
News categories: CIMM, Advertising Research Foundation, Jane Clarke, Paul Donato, Advertising, USA, Worldwide
CIMM identifies best ways to combine STB and Smart TV data
Jan 28, 2021 – The CIMM has released a study identifying best practices for integration of STB and Smart TV data. The combination comes closer to creating nationally representative data sets for linear and streaming TV programming and advertising use cases.
News categories: CIMM, Pre-Meditated Media, Jane Clarke, Gerard Broussard, Howard Shimmel, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA, Worldwide
Coalition for Innovative Media Measurement adds 12 new members
May 5, 2020 – The Coalition for Innovative Media Measurement (CIMM) has announced that Ampersand, Charter, Data ImpacX, Dativa, IRI, Janus Strategy & Insights, LiveRamp, New York Interconnect, Sequent Partners, Tru Optik, TVSquared and VideoAmp have joined.
News categories: CIMM, Jane Clarke, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
CIMM launches best practices study on combining Smart TV and STB data
May 1, 2020 – CIMM has announced the launch of a study to develop best practices in building large scale, granular data sets to measure all forms of TV viewing by combining the anonymous viewing data from both Smart TVs and STBs.
News categories: CIMM, Pre-Meditated Media, Jane Clarke, Gerard Broussard, Howard Shimmel, Big Data, Content Identification, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
VideoAmp extends TV viewership data access via partnership with TiVo
Dec 16, 2019 – VideoAmp is partnering with TiVo to allow it to combine TV viewership data from Smart TVs (ACR) with the same from cable and satellite set-top boxes. The expanded data set extends VideoAmp’s TV Viewership data pool to cover 25 million devices in 19 million U.S. households.
News categories: VideoAmp, TiVo, Randy Laughlin, Walt Horstman, Jane Clarke, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
SMPTE publishes standards for adding audio watermark-based IDs to media assets
Jul 9, 2018 – SMPTE has announced published standards for binding Ad-IDs to commercials and Entertainment ID Registry (EIDR) codes to programming content. The standards specify use of Kantar Media's audio watermarking technology, an open solution available for licensing.
News categories: SMPTE, Kantar Media, Coalition for Innovative Media Measurement, Jane Clarke, Advertising, Big Data, Content Distribution, Content Identification, Digital TV, USA, Worldwide
TVision raises $6.8m for attention-based ad measurement
Oct 26, 2016 – TVision has secured $6.8M in funding to expand operations. TVision captures TV and OTT video attention data passively using sensor-based technology and algorithms to detect actual eyes-on-screen.
News categories: TVision Insights, Accomplice, Jane Clarke, Ryan Moore, Advertising, Digital TV, Venture Capital, Worldwide
- Discovery+ launching on Sling TV and Dish TV
- FAST Channels TV provides linear channels for Digital TV Cyprus OTT platform
- Video streaming services lost further playtime per user in H1 2022
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 85,000 in 2Q 2022
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 257,000 in 2Q 2022
- Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia
- RTL Deutschland and Seven.One Entertainment to create addressable TV JV
- Charter residential video customers down 240,000 in 2Q 2022
- Access Advance adds further patent owners
- Disney+ app integrated on Foxtel set top boxes
- ADTH introduces ultra-compact USB ATSC 3.0 receiver
- ATSC 3.0-in-a-box from ENENSYS and Ateme powers WCRN Boston NEXTGEN TV
- Sinclair partners with Korean broadcasters to further NextGen broadcasting
- Linear TV viewing down as online long form viewing time continues to grow
- Auton and Anywave launch ATSC 3.0 broadcast internet test lab in Oregon
- OAN expands CTV reach with NetRange
- Liberty Global, Telefónica, InfraVia Capital to build fibre network in the UK