Digital TV News: Common Sense Media
Sky partners with Common Sense Media for content rating
Oct 1, 2018 – Sky is partnering with Common Sense Media to introduce a detailed rating system that will help parents make smarter choices about what their children watch on Sky. The new service will launch in the UK in 2019.
News categories: Sky, Common Sense Media, Jeremy Darroch, James P Steyner, Big Data, Digital TV, Satellite, UK, UX
Comcast to launch 'Xfinity Stream' TV app for in and out of the home
Feb 14, 2017 – Comcast has announced plans to launch 'Xfinity Stream,' an app that will allow users to watch their entire TV line-up on phones, tablets and laptops in the home, and when they’re on-the-go, to tune-in to more than 200 live channels, access and program their DVR and watch 40,000 on demand titles.
News categories: Comcast, Matt Strauss, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Mobile, TV Everywhere, USA
Comcast launches industry’s first voice-guided TV interface
Nov 12, 2014 – Comcast has announced the industry’s first voice-enabled television user interface, a solution that will revolutionize the way its Xfinity TV customers, especially those who are blind or visually impaired, navigate the X1 platform.
News categories: Comcast, American Council of the Blind, Brian Roberts, Tom Wlodkowski, Eric Bridges, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA
Comcast adds personal streaming to Xfinity
Apr 29, 2014 – Comcast (Nasdaq: CMCSA, CMCSK) has announced that X1 triple-play customers will soon be able to live stream personal video from their mobile devices, over the Internet, directly to the television.
News categories: Comcast, Marcien Jenckes, Apps, Cable TV, Middleware, USA
Target introduces Target Ticket digital video service
Sep 25, 2013 – Target (NYSE: TGT) has announced that Target Ticket, its new digital video service, is available to customers nationwide. The service gives users an easy way to access and enjoy their favorite titles on their preferred digital channels and devices anytime, anywhere.
News categories: Target Ticket, Anne Stanchfield, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Comcast introduces X2 Xfinity platform
Jun 11, 2013 – Comcast (Nasdaq: CMCSA, CMCSK) has unveiled the next generation of its cloud-enabled X1 Platform from Xfinity. The new platform release, known as X2, will be available to customers later this year.
News categories: Comcast, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA
- NAGRA video platform powers Claro Box TV in Colombia
- OTTera integrated into the IRIS.TV video data ecosystem
- Peacock coming to Sky later this year
- Redge Media compliant with IAB TCF 2.0
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 399,000 in 2Q 2021
- Playstation 5 surpasses 10 million units sold
- 52% of U.S. consumers stop paying attention when ads come on the TV
- Tata Sky Binge delivers streaming app aggregation with ThinkAnalytics
- USSI Global to bring DOOH analytics to NEXTGEN TV broadcasters
- Altice USA reports video net losses of 48,000 for 2Q 2021
- Total Play video RGUs up 48% YoY in Q2 2021 to 1,933,880
- Gap between OTT and traditional pay TV continues to widen in the U.S.
- OTT to pull down pay TV revenues in China
- German pay TV and paid video surpasses €4 billion in 2020
- SERAPHIC upgrades TV browser with HbbTV 2.0.3 support
- Magnite to manage ad placement for Brazil's NetMovies
- Acxiom and Totalplay to provide addressable audiences in Mexico
- Undertone launches CTV ad solution for improved consumer engagement
- More than seventy 8K TVs now certified by the 8K Association
- Ocean Blue Software acquires Advanced Media Group from EKT