Digital TV News: Common Sense Media
Sky partners with Common Sense Media for content rating
Oct 1, 2018 – Sky is partnering with Common Sense Media to introduce a detailed rating system that will help parents make smarter choices about what their children watch on Sky. The new service will launch in the UK in 2019.
News categories: Sky, Common Sense Media, Jeremy Darroch, James P Steyner, Big Data, Digital TV, Satellite, UK, UX
Comcast to launch 'Xfinity Stream' TV app for in and out of the home
Feb 14, 2017 – Comcast has announced plans to launch 'Xfinity Stream,' an app that will allow users to watch their entire TV line-up on phones, tablets and laptops in the home, and when they’re on-the-go, to tune-in to more than 200 live channels, access and program their DVR and watch 40,000 on demand titles.
News categories: Comcast, Matt Strauss, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Mobile, TV Everywhere, USA
Comcast launches industry’s first voice-guided TV interface
Nov 12, 2014 – Comcast has announced the industry’s first voice-enabled television user interface, a solution that will revolutionize the way its Xfinity TV customers, especially those who are blind or visually impaired, navigate the X1 platform.
News categories: Comcast, American Council of the Blind, Brian Roberts, Tom Wlodkowski, Eric Bridges, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA
Comcast adds personal streaming to Xfinity
Apr 29, 2014 – Comcast (Nasdaq: CMCSA, CMCSK) has announced that X1 triple-play customers will soon be able to live stream personal video from their mobile devices, over the Internet, directly to the television.
News categories: Comcast, Marcien Jenckes, Apps, Cable TV, Middleware, USA
Target introduces Target Ticket digital video service
Sep 25, 2013 – Target (NYSE: TGT) has announced that Target Ticket, its new digital video service, is available to customers nationwide. The service gives users an easy way to access and enjoy their favorite titles on their preferred digital channels and devices anytime, anywhere.
News categories: Target Ticket, Anne Stanchfield, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Comcast introduces X2 Xfinity platform
Jun 11, 2013 – Comcast (Nasdaq: CMCSA, CMCSK) has unveiled the next generation of its cloud-enabled X1 Platform from Xfinity. The new platform release, known as X2, will be available to customers later this year.
News categories: Comcast, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding
- Bell Canada releases Android TV 4K HDR streaming box
- Mongolia's Skymedia upgrades to Minerva 10
- INVIDI extends addressable TV partnership with Tata Elxsi
- Finecast brings audience measurement to Australian BVOD platforms
- SVOD subscriptions grew by 28% in 2019
- ATEME negotiating acquisition of ANEVIA
- Charter residential video customers up 102,000 in 2Q 2020
- QNET Telecom selects ATEME for video transcoding
- Discovery joins On Addressability dynamic ad insertion initiative
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 477,000 in 2Q 2020
- 3SS and Hoppr enable monetization on Android TV
- Liberty Latin America to acquire Telefónica’s operations in Costa Rica
- Amagi delivers 30+ live and linear channels on The Roku Channel
- KDDI selects VisualOn media player for au Smart Pass
- PMG and American Tower partner to accelerate ATSC 3.0 SFN deployment
- Eurofins updates testing services for CI Plus 2.0