Digital TV News: Cox Communications
Amagi helps BUZZR unify broadcast and streaming operations
Nov 18, 2020 – Amagi has announced that it has enabled BUZZR to transition to cloud-managed broadcast operations. BUZZR has integrated its broadcast workflows, across over-the-air, cable and OTT, onto a single unified platform.
News categories: Amagi, BUZZR, Srinivasan KA, Mark Deetjen, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
SCTE•ISBE Cable-Tec Expo 2020 to take place virtually
Jun 9, 2020 – SCTE•ISBE Cable-Tec Expo 2020 will take place virtually Oct. 12-16, marking the first all-digital presentation of the largest cable telecommunications and technology event in the Americas since its inception in 1983.
News categories: SCTE•ISBE, Cable-Tec Expo, Tom Adams, Tony Werner, Cable TV, COVID-19, Digital TV, SCTE•ISBE, USA
WarnerMedia announces further launch partners for HBO Max
May 20, 2020 – WarnerMedia has announced that the latest companies to sign on to distribute HBO Max at launch include Altice USA, Cox Communications, Microsoft, National Cable Television Cooperative (NCTC), Samsung, Sony Interactive Entertainment and Verizon.
News categories: WarnerMedia, HBO Max, Rich Warren, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Gaming, IPTV, Streaming, USA
Canoe adds Frontier to its dynamic ad insertion platform
Oct 28, 2019 – Canoe Ventures has added Frontier Communications (NASDAQ: FTR) to its footprint of VOD-DAI enabled television distributors. Frontier joins Charter (NASDAQ:CHTR), Comcast (NASDAQ: CMCSA) and Cox as the fourth MVPD to utilize Canoe’s Service Assurance platform.
News categories: Canoe, Frontier Communications, Joel Hassell, Marcien Jenckes, James Frogameni, Advertising, Big Data, Cable TV, Digital TV, USA
Comcast partners with Charter, Cox on addressable advertising
Jun 18, 2019 – Comcast Advertising (Nasdaq: CMCSA) has announced the launch of an initiative called On Addressability. The broad goal of the initiative is to help the industry deliver an addressable solution that maximizes the impact and value of television as a marketing platform.
News categories: Comcast, Spectrum Reach, Cox Media, NCC Media, Marcien Jenckes, David Kline, Louis Gump, Nicolle Pangis, Advertising, Big Data, Cable TV, Digital TV, USA
Pluto TV coming to Cox Contour and Contour Stream Player
Jun 4, 2019 – Pluto TV and Cox Communications have announced that the Pluto TV app will soon be available to Contour and Contour Stream Player customers. The ad-supported platform offers more than 100 channels and thousands of hours of on-demand content.
News categories: Pluto TV, Cox Communications, Tom Ryan, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
Cox adds Amazon Prime Video access to Contour voice remote
May 13, 2019 – Cox Communications has announced that Contour customers now have access to Amazon Prime Video. By simply saying "Amazon Prime Video" or "Prime Video" into their Contour voice remote, customers can watch Amazon Originals.
News categories: Cox Communications, Prime Video, Kevin Hart, Andrew Bennett, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Streaming, USA
NCC Media connects online inventory to its TV advertising platform
Mar 18, 2019 – NCC Media has announced the launch of digital buying capabilities that extend the reach of its TV advertising platform. The move creates an all-screen advertising solution, enabling marketers to deliver coordinated digital ads to the same households reached by their TV campaigns.
News categories: NCC Media, Nicolle Pangis, Andrew Ward, Advertising, USA
Video streaming outperforms subscription TV in customer satisfaction in the U.S.
May 22, 2018 – Customer satisfaction with video streaming services in the U.S. far eclipses that of subscription TV, according to an ACSI customer satisfaction report. In the report video streaming services had a score of 75, way above subscription TV’s score of 62.
News categories: American Customer Satisfaction Index, David VanAmburg, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Streaming, USA, UX
- ATEME embeds Viaccess-Orca contribution watermarking
- Deloitte releases results of Digital Media Trends Fall Pulse survey
- RFE receives Android TV Operator Tier certification for IPTV STB
- Disney+ coming to Hisense and Toshiba TVs with VIDAA Smart OS
- Tremor International acquires Spearad
- TekSavvy TV footprint expands across Canada
- Airtel launches Video Platform as a Service product
- Comcast launches Smart TVs based on its XClass TV platform
- ViacomCBS and Altice USA renew distribution agreement
- OTT now at 82% consumer saturation in the U.S.
- MultTV and MwareTV launch multi-tenant TV as a Service in Brazil
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in the U.S.
- HBO Max to be available at Telia from October 26
- Tata Sky expands quality and availability monitoring with DataMiner
- Slow recovery in European pay TV revenues expected
- Share of smart TVs and UHD TVs in Germany continues to grow
- Vewd enables Smart TV for pay TV operators with Vestel
- LG brings more content to third-party TVs powered by webOS
- 70% of audiences reached via streaming are not reachable via linear
- t4h. Android TV remote control for SKY Brasil