Digital TV News: Curzon
Turner announces international SVOD service with roll-out of FilmStruck
Jan 19, 2018 – Turner International and Warner Bros have announced a joint venture to launch a multi-territory movie streaming service. FilmStruck’s launch in the international marketplace will leverage the strength of assets at both companies.
News categories: Turner, Warner Bros, Curzon, Aksel van der Wal, Craig Hunegs, Philip Mordecai, Digital TV, OTT, UK
Amazon Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice Remote begins UK shipments
Apr 6, 2017 – Amazon has announced that the first Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice Remote is now shipping to customers in the UK. The Fire TV Stick has been redesigned and comes with a new UI as well as Alexa integrated.
News categories: Amazon, Jorrit Van der Meulen, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, UK
Amazon Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice Remote arrives in the UK
Feb 21, 2017 – Amazon has announced that its new Fire TV Stick, the most powerful streaming media stick available, is coming to the UK. It is the first UK version to ship with Alexa Voice Remote included.
News categories: Amazon, Jorrit Van der Meulen, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, UK
Humax and Freesat launch compact and connected Freetime box
Jul 15, 2015 – Humax and Freesat have launched the most compact and affordable Freetime set-top box recorder to date, bringing the benefits of the subscription free satellite TV service to a wider group of cost-conscious consumers in the UK.
News categories: Freesat, Humax, Paul Gilshan, Graham North, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, UK
1.5 million visitors each week to Samsung's UK Smart TV hub
Nov 17, 2014 – Samsung has said that its Smart TV platform now has more than 1.5 million weekly unique users in the UK. From catch-upp TV through to Ultra HD content, Samsung has a wide range of content available to download for viewers.
News categories: Samsung, Doug d'Souza, Market Research, OTT, Smart TV, UK
Amazon Fire TV now available in the UK
Sep 3, 2014 – Amazon has announced that Amazon Fire TV is now available in the UK. Fire TV is a box that plugs into aTV for access to Netflix, Prime Instant Video, Demand 5, Spotify, Sky News, Curzon Home Cinema, YouTube, video rentals and more.
News categories: Amazon, Jeff Bezos, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, UK
UK's Freesat adds 6,000 households in 2Q 2014
Jul 28, 2014 – Freesat, the UK subscription free satellite TV service, added 6,000 new homes in the three months to the end of June. In all, Freesat has added 24,000 households in the first half of 2014.
News categories: Freesat, Emma Scott, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers, UK
Freesat offers films on demand with Curzon Home Cinema
May 28, 2014 – Freesat has announced the launch of the Curzon Home Cinema video On Demand service on Freetime, its award-winning connected TV service. Curzon Home Cinema is Freesat's first film On Demand and pay per view player.
News categories: Freesat, Curzon Home Cinema, Emma Scott, Phil Mordecai, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV, UK
BT launches buy-to-keep movies service
Feb 5, 2014 – Customers are now able to buy many of the latest blockbusters from 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment and Sony Pictures Home Entertainment, along with a selection of modern greats and classics, on BT’s YouView box.
News categories: BT, Alex Green, Robert Price, Pete Wood, Digital TV, IPTV, UK
- NEXTGEN TV comes to Grand Rapids, MI
- Polestar develops streaming app for Polestar 2 cars in Europe
- JW Player acquires VUALTO
- 3SS powers TCC Android TV service on SDMC STBs
- du partners with ATEME on OTT and DTH projects
- Beachfront completes OAR-compliant ad trial on VIZIO TVs
- Peach launches global ad distribution platform
- India sees huge headroom for growth in TV and digital
- Sinclair unifies ad sales with Operative Media
- Dominant share for MediaTek in smart speaker market
- Connected TV continues to drive U.S. digital video ad growth
- VBox announces ATSC 3.0 Android TV Gateway
- Small growth in global pay TV subscribers to 2026
- Brightcove powers Studio Mojo's ‘Koode’ OTT service
- Vivendi, Fininvest and Mediaset end their disputes
- fuboTV partners with LiveRamp on addressable ad targeting
- Verizon Media to be acquired by Apollo funds
- Stoneroos acquired by NEP The Netherlands
- AirConsole casual gaming for TrueID TV Box users in Thailand
- Charter residential video customers down 156,000 in 1Q 2021