Digital TV News: DEG: The Digital Entertainment Group
U.S. home entertainment spending rises 6.4% YoY in 1Q 2019
Apr 30, 2019 – According to DEG: The Digital Entertainment Group, U.S. consumers spent $6 billion on movies and television shows for home entertainment in the first quarter of 2019. Spending rose 6.4% from the $5.7 billion consumers spent in the same period of 2018.
News categories: Digital Entertainment Group, Digital TV, DVD, Market Research, OTT, USA
DEG creates Direct-to-Consumer advocacy alliance
Jan 8, 2019 – DEG has announced a new direction in media industry advocacy with the formation of the DTC Alliance as a subset of DEG membership. The alliance has established six committees to set objectives and agendas.
News categories: Digital Entertainment Group, Amy Jo Smith, Big Data, CES2021, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, USA, Worldwide
Updated specifications for digital distribution of film and TV released
Dec 13, 2018 – DEG, the Entertainment Merchants Association and MovieLabs, with member studios, retailers, and service providers, have approved and released four updated supply chain specifications for digital distribution of film and TV.
News categories: MovieLabs, Entertainment Merchants Association, Digital Entertainment Group, Craig Seidel, Eric Hanson, John Powers, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
comScore partners with DEG for digital industry reporting
Sep 22, 2016 – comScore (NASDAQ: SCOR) has announced a partnership with The Digital Entertainment Group (DEG) for comScore's Digital Download Essentials Industry (DDEi) service in North America. DDEi provides data on movie and TV content accessed by the consumer via the internet.
News categories: Digital Entertainment Group, comScore, Amy Jo Smith, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, North America, OTT, Set Top Box
Entertainment ID Registry (EIDR) Gains Strong Support from Entertainment Companies
Sep 7, 2011 – The Entertainment ID Registry (EIDR) has announced that leading entertainment companies have begun integrating the use of EIDR IDs into their digital distribution workflows. These developments signal strong growth in adoption of EIDR IDs.
News categories: Entertainment ID Registry, Cable TV, Content Protection, USA
DEG releases U.S. First Quarter 2011 Home Entertainment Report
May 2, 2011 – According to DEG, Blu-ray Disc hardware increased, with sales up more than 13 percent over first quarter 2010, and nearly seven million HDTVs were sold to U.S. consumers in first quarter 2011, up 11 percent over first quarter 2010.
News categories: Digital Entertainment Group, Blu-ray, Market Research, OTT, Smart TV, USA
DEG Releases Year-End 2010 Home Entertainment Report
Jan 6, 2011 – The 2010 home entertainment market continued to be bolstered by the steady growth of Blu-ray as total U.S. home entertainment spending hit $18.8 billion to close the year, announced DEG: The Digital Entertainment Group at CES.
News categories: Digital Entertainment Group, Blu-ray, CES2021, DVD, Market Research, OTT, USA
U.S. Home Entertainment Has Promising First Quarter Fueled By Blu-ray Sales
Apr 15, 2010 – U.S. Blu-ray Disc software sales continued to rise in the first quarter of 2010, up 74 percent compared to the same period last year according to sales figures for the home entertainment industry released by DEG: The Digital Entertainment Group.
News categories: Digital Entertainment Group, Blu-ray, DVD, Market Research, Smart TV, USA
U.S. Home Entertainment Spending Hits $20 Billion
Jan 7, 2010 – The home entertainment market remained stable in 2009. Blu-ray Disc products were the bright spot of the industry with annual software sales and rental transactions hitting $1.5 billion for the first time.
News categories: The Digital Entertainment Group, Blu-ray, Canada, CES2021, Digital TV, DVD, Market Research, USA
- Ultra HD Forum updates Guidelines and plans watermarking API
- WarnerMedia RIDE streaming comes to AT&T-connected GM vehicles
- U.S. has close to 300 OTT video services
- ENENSYS ATSC 3.0 solution deployed by SEI and VSatcast
- Sinclair acquires two TV stations in Washington, DC
- FreeWheel releases H1 2020 U.S. Video Marketplace Report
- Eutelsat selected by Kabelio for new Swiss HD platform
- RCN, Grande and Wave launch TiVo Stream 4K
- Nielsen to measure CTV campaigns on YouTube & YouTube TV
- Tata Elxsi selected as certified 3PL partner for Google Widevine
- 58 million U.S. broadband households to be MVPD-free by 2025
- All-time high for streaming video according to Limelight Networks
- ZTE joins Netflix Hailstorm set top box program
- fuboTV announces closing of Public Offering
- COVID-19 pandemic accelerates cord-cutting in 2020
- Household media spend stabilized in Sweden in Q3
- G-Core Labs introduces global streaming platform
- EMEA Smart Home market expected to rebound in 2H 2020
- Freeview Play launches on Amazon Fire TV Edition
- 3SS and KAON to power Android TV services from Allente