Digital TV News: DPP
Market turbulence set to define media industry in 2023
Feb 2, 2023 – The DPP has published its annual predictions report. The report contains eight business focused predictions and explores themes that will dominate the media and broadcast agenda in the year ahead.
News categories: The DPP, Zixi, Mark Harrison, Gordon Brooks, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
Newyonder launches sustainable film streamer with Red Bee
Mar 15, 2022 – All content on Newyonder will initially be available through PPV streaming, enabled by Red Bee's Managed OTT services. Films are albert-certified (BAFTA) carbon-neutral, sustainable productions with the ambition to have a positive social and environmental impact.
News categories: Red Bee, Newyonder, James Arnold, Jon Cleave, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
The DPP reveals the greatest risks to a full IP future
Jun 6, 2019 – The DPP has released a report which looks at the challenges posed by the transition to full IP distribution of content to consumers. The report outlines the challenges that a group of experts believe could constrain the delivery of IP-based content distribution.
News categories: The DPP, Mark Harrison, Ian Munford, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, UK, Worldwide
Ooyala teams with DPP on metadata for news production
Feb 5, 2019 – Ooyala has announced that it will work with the DPP on its efforts to advance global news-industry standards for metadata. The DPP’s initiative is designed to help establish standards for application in every step of delivering news content.
News categories: Ooyala, DPP, Bea Alonso, Mark Harrison, Big Data, UK, Worldwide
UK's DPP releases standard for the delivery of UHD programmes
Jan 27, 2016 – The Digital Production Partnership (DPP) has announced a technical standard for the delivery of Ultra High Definition (UHD) programmes. The new standard will be adopted by all major UK broadcasters when they move to UHD programming.
News categories: DPP, Sony Professional, Mark Harrison, Morgan David, Content Distribution, Digital TV, UK
Entropic working with Echostar on Band Translation Switch
Jul 22, 2008 – Entropic Communications (Nasdaq:ENTR) has announced that the company is working with EchoStar (Nasdaq:SATS) to develop additional outdoor units leveraging Entropic's Band Translation Switch (BTS) technology.
News categories: Entropic Communications, EchoStar, Digital TV, LNB, Satellite, Semiconductor, USA
- Ateme enables 5G Broadcast transmission in the U.S.
- Amazon announces Fire TV product updates
- TCL adds Fire TV options to U.S television portfolio
- Another slow year expected for AR/VR headsets
- Intigral partners with DIAGNAL to enhance entertainment experiences
- Du chooses DataMiner monitoring for broadcast and teleport operations
- TSTT switches to Zappware's multi-screen client framework
- Allegro DVT launches video encoder IP for 4K/8K video
- AVOD revenues to hit $69 billion in 2029
- ZTE unveils updated Cloud PVP solution at IBC 2023
- Accedo brings AI-powered sports highlights to Accedo Launcher
- 76% of Nordic households now have an internet connected TV set
- TVMonaco chooses OKAST streaming platform
- DAZN Edge platform expands coverage in Europe with MainStreaming
- LG presents vision to become media and entertainment platform company
- UK PSBs developing broadband-delivered free TV service
- ZTE and Netgem collaborate on cloud gaming for Android TV
- Rokid shows portable Android TV device for AR glasses at IBC
- NPAW introduces Nokia-developed video probe at IBC 2023
- Eutelsat and ENENSYS show live DVB-NIP over 5G at IBC