Digital TV News: Edgecast
Universal Tennis chooses M2A Media to syndicate its live match feeds
Apr 17, 2023 – Universal Tennis has chosen M2A Media's live IP transport product to automate, optimize, and manage the transport of its live match feeds to partners, affiliates, and third-party service providers.
News categories: M2A Media, Universal Tennis, Matt Hughes, Kelly Forese, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
CDN market expected to more than double to $23.9 billion by 2030
Mar 22, 2022 – ABI Research expects the global CDN market to more than double by 2030, reaching $23.9 billion. The growth is driven in part by services beyond core content delivery and caching. The buildup to the metaverse will create additional growth opportunities.
News categories: ABI Research, Michael Inouye, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
Limelight to acquire Yahoo's Edgecast
Mar 7, 2022 – Limelight Networks (Nasdaq: LLNW) has announced that it has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire Yahoo's Edgecast, a provider of edge security, content delivery and video services, in an all-stock transaction.
News categories: Limelight Networks, Edgecast, Bob Lyons, Jim Lanzone, Reed Rayman, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MandA, Worldwide
VDMS and Microsoft partner to deliver global streaming platform
Apr 4, 2019 – Verizon Digital Media Services (VDMS) has announced that it is working with Microsoft to deliver a simpler way for broadcasters, content owners or streaming services to deliver personalized viewing experiences on Microsoft Azure.
News categories: Verizon Digital Media Services, Microsoft Azure, Ralf Jacob, Scott Guthrie, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Streaming, Worldwide
Verizon Digital Media to power Gravity Point TV VR hub
May 9, 2017 – Verizon Digital Media Services has announced that it has been selected by Gravity Point TV to power the their VR viewing hub, Gravity Point VR. Gravity Point TV will utilize Verizon's Edgecast Content Delivery Network (CDN) to distribute content.
News categories: Verizon Digital Media Services, Gravity Point TV, Ralf Jacob, Scott Cardoza, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Metaverse, Worldwide
Verizon Digital Media Services to launch cloud-based content intelligence system
Apr 6, 2017 – Verizon Digital Media Services has announced that it will soon launch the Verizon Media Xperience Studio, a cloud-based content intelligence system (CIS). The CIS will automate and simplify the online video production and distribution pipeline.
News categories: Verizon Digital Media Services, Ralf Jacob, Apps, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
Verizon Digital Media Services and Pontis Technologies partner for Latin America
Mar 7, 2017 – Verizon Digital Media Services and Pontis Technologies have announced a partnership that will make over-the-top (OTT) and content delivery network (CDN) services from Verizon available throughout Latin America.
News categories: Verizon Digital Media Services, Pontis Technologies, Ralf Jacob, Leonardo Gioino, Content Distribution, Latin America, Streaming
Verizon Digital Media Services powers Newsy OTT content
Oct 19, 2016 – Verizon Digital Media Services has announced that it is powering the streaming and syndication of linear and on-demand video content for Newsy, an OTT news network delivering the day's top stories to news consumers.
News categories: Verizon Digital Media Services, Newsy, Ralf Jacob, Blake Sabatinelli, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Verizon to purchase Intel Media assets
Jan 21, 2014 – Verizon (NYSE, Nasdaq: VZ) and Intel (Nasdaq: INTC) have announced an agreement for Verizon to purchase from Intel the assets of Intel Media, a business division dedicated to the development of Cloud TV products and services.
News categories: Verizon, Intel Corp, Lowell McAdam, Brian Krzanich, Erik Huggers, Digital TV, IPTV, MandA, Semiconductor, Streaming, USA
- Ateme enables 5G Broadcast transmission in the U.S.
- Amazon announces Fire TV product updates
- TCL adds Fire TV options to U.S television portfolio
- Another slow year expected for AR/VR headsets
- Intigral partners with DIAGNAL to enhance entertainment experiences
- Du chooses DataMiner monitoring for broadcast and teleport operations
- TSTT switches to Zappware's multi-screen client framework
- Allegro DVT launches video encoder IP for 4K/8K video
- AVOD revenues to hit $69 billion in 2029
- ZTE unveils updated Cloud PVP solution at IBC 2023
- Accedo brings AI-powered sports highlights to Accedo Launcher
- 76% of Nordic households now have an internet connected TV set
- TVMonaco chooses OKAST streaming platform
- DAZN Edge platform expands coverage in Europe with MainStreaming
- LG presents vision to become media and entertainment platform company
- UK PSBs developing broadband-delivered free TV service
- ZTE and Netgem collaborate on cloud gaming for Android TV
- Rokid shows portable Android TV device for AR glasses at IBC
- NPAW introduces Nokia-developed video probe at IBC 2023
- Eutelsat and ENENSYS show live DVB-NIP over 5G at IBC