Digital TV News: Fidelity Communications
Major U.S. pay TV providers lost nearly 5 million subscribers in 2019
Mar 3, 2020 – Leichtman Research Group (LRG) has found that the largest pay-TV providers in the U.S. lost about 4,915,000 net video subscribers in 2019, compared to a pro forma loss of about 1,585,000 subscribers in 2018.
News categories: Leichtman Research Group, Bruce Leichtman, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Satellite, Streaming, Subscribers, USA
Cable One video PSUs down 5,800 in 1Q 2019
May 9, 2019 – Cable One (NYSE: CABO) has reported results for the quarter ended March 31, 2019. The company ended the quarter with 320,611 Residential and Business Video PSUs, down 5,812 in the quarter and down 30,263 (-8.6%) year-on-year.
News categories: Cable One, Cable TV, Digital TV, Results, Subscribers, USA
Cable ONE to acquire Fidelity Communications
Apr 1, 2019 – Cable One (NYSE: CABO) has announced that it has entered into a definitive agreement with Fidelity Communications Co. to acquire Fidelity’s data, video and voice business and certain related assets for $525.9 million in cash.
News categories: Cable One, Fidelity Communications, Julie Laulis, John Colbert, Cable TV, Digital TV, MandA, USA
More than 50 U.S. pay TV operators now using MOBITV Connect
Jul 30, 2018 – MOBITV has announced that more than 50 customers are using the Company’s MOBITV Connect platform. These customers represent a total subscriber base of approximately one million across the U.S.
News categories: MOBITV, Charlie Nooney, Jody Heustess, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Mobile, USA
Wurl launches the world’s first streaming cable TV network
Jul 25, 2016 – Wurl has announced the launch of the Wurl Network, the world’s first streaming cable TV network. The Wurl Network provides five channels broadband-delivered through cable TV operators’ connected set-top boxes.
News categories: Wurl, Fidelity Communications, Sean Doherty, Loren King, Cable TV, USA
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward
- Go Addressable becomes industry trade body
- NorDig releases IRD 3.2.1 and Test Plan 3.2.1 specs
- Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery
- Growth in global SVOD subscriptions to continue
- LG announces organizational restructuring
- HbbTV updates Operator Application specification
- Bouygues Telecom streams video in Multicast ABR with Broadpeak
- iWedia releases test solution for HbbTV device compliance
- Utomik to bring cloud gaming to VIDAA Smart TVs
- Avid provides Iceland's RÚV with ingest and playout solution
- Global pay TV penetration to fall for the first time in 2024