Digital TV News: Fidelity Communications
Major U.S. pay TV providers lost nearly 5 million subscribers in 2019
Mar 3, 2020 – Leichtman Research Group (LRG) has found that the largest pay-TV providers in the U.S. lost about 4,915,000 net video subscribers in 2019, compared to a pro forma loss of about 1,585,000 subscribers in 2018.
News categories: Leichtman Research Group, Bruce Leichtman, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, OTT, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
Cable One video PSUs down 5,800 in 1Q 2019
May 9, 2019 – Cable One (NYSE: CABO) has reported results for the quarter ended March 31, 2019. The company ended the quarter with 320,611 Residential and Business Video PSUs, down 5,812 in the quarter and down 30,263 (-8.6%) year-on-year.
News categories: Cable One, Cable TV, Digital TV, Results, Subscribers, USA
Cable ONE to acquire Fidelity Communications
Apr 1, 2019 – Cable One (NYSE: CABO) has announced that it has entered into a definitive agreement with Fidelity Communications Co. to acquire Fidelity’s data, video and voice business and certain related assets for $525.9 million in cash.
News categories: Cable One, Fidelity Communications, Julie Laulis, John Colbert, Cable TV, Digital TV, MandA, USA
More than 50 U.S. pay TV operators now using MOBITV Connect
Jul 30, 2018 – MOBITV has announced that more than 50 customers are using the Company’s MOBITV Connect platform. These customers represent a total subscriber base of approximately one million across the U.S.
News categories: MOBITV, Charlie Nooney, Jody Heustess, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Mobile, USA
Wurl launches the world’s first streaming cable TV network
Jul 25, 2016 – Wurl has announced the launch of the Wurl Network, the world’s first streaming cable TV network. The Wurl Network provides five channels broadband-delivered through cable TV operators’ connected set-top boxes.
News categories: Wurl, Fidelity Communications, Sean Doherty, Loren King, Cable TV, USA
- Competition driving OTT TV & video subscription growth
- Wyplay becomes Alexa Solution Provider
- Sky Media appoints TVbeat as TV data verification partner
- Amazon wins as British viewers are desperate for more sport
- Netflix releases 4Q 2020 results
- Pearl TV broadcasters welcome FCC easing of SFN regulations
- Paramount+ from ViacomCBS to launch on March 4th
- Firstlight Media builds OTT platform on Google Cloud
- Cogeco EPICO IPTV service launched
- Enghouse and Access Communications offer hosted TV services in Canada
- MENA pay TV revenues continue to fall
- FCA first automotive OEM with Alexa Custom Assistant
- Firstlight Media and NPAW optimise CDN switching for OTT providers
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue up 7.3% in 2020
- Kantar expands TV audience measurement panel in Georgia
- TDS introduces live, streaming TV product