Digital TV News: FilmFlex
TalkTalk boosts movie range with FilmFlex deal
Apr 23, 2014 – TalkTalk has announced a deal with FilmFlex Movies to bring its customers hundreds more movies on demand, with even more new releases available to rent on the same day as DVD.
News categories: TalkTalk, FilmFlex, Tristia Harrison, Jeff Henry, IPTV, UK
FilmFlex Selects Irdeto to Protect On-Demand Movies on iOS and Android Devices
Mar 5, 2013 – Irdeto (JSE: NPN) has announced that FilmFlex has selected the company to secure its premium entertainment assets on iOS and Android smartphones and tablets. FilmFlex is using Irdeto's ActiveCloak™ to ensure the content delivered by FilmFlex customers is secured according to the robustness rules imposed by studios.
News categories: Irdeto, FilmFlex, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Media Player, Smartphone, Streaming, Tablet, TV Everywhere, UK
Virgin Media brings 3D TV to UK living rooms
Sep 28, 2010 – Virgin Media (NASDAQ:VMED, LSE:VMED) has announced the launch of 3D Movies On Demand - the first digital TV service to bring cutting edge 3D straight to UK TV screens - for all Virgin Media TV customers, with a 3D-ready set top box, TV and glasses.
News categories: Virgin Media, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, Set Top Box, UK, VR
Virgin Media launches online movies service
Apr 26, 2010 – Virgin Media (NASDAQ:VMED)(LSE:VMED) has announced the launch of its first online movies service: Virgin Media Online Movies. UK film fans will be able to stream their choice of film, ready to watch when they want, directly to laptops, PCs and onto TVs.
News categories: Virgin Media, Streaming, UK
Half a billion views for Virgin Media's on demand TV
Feb 12, 2009 – TV viewing habits on brink of major change Record-breaking year with 516 million on demand views in 2008 BBC iPlayer on Virgin Media approaching 100 million views 2008 was the year on demand television came of age with Virgin Media’s TV viewers watching over half a billion on demand programmes. With a record-breaking 56 million […]
News categories: Virgin Media, Cable TV, Streaming, Subscribers, UK
Virgin Media's On-Demand TV Tops 45 Million Views
Sep 26, 2008 – Virgin Media (Nasdaq:VMED) has announced a massive increase in on-demand viewing, jumping from 34 million views in January to 45 million views in August on its TV platform. This is an increase of 33 percent in less than a year.
News categories: Virgin Media, Cable TV, Digital TV, Market Research, UK
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 373,000 in 4Q 2021
- Swedish standalone SVOD revenues hit new record in 2021
- castLabs and Lemonade.TV+ work together on DRM and video playback
- Roku #1 TV streaming platform in Canada
- Claro video comes to ZEASN-powered smart TVs in Latin America
- Vewd For Automotive enables premium entertainment in Skywell electric SUV
- WarnerMedia adds 4.3 million HBO Max and HBO subscribers in 4Q 2021
- 5G-MAG joins forces with DVB on the future of TV over 5G
- LG Ads introduces suite of Guaranteed Outcome-based media offerings
- Breezeline selects Vecima and TiVo to support its expansion
- Bitcentral acquires Powr.tv
- Friend MTS extends content protection deal with Lega Serie A
- Cinedigm launches streaming channels on AR glasses with Nreal
- NextGen TV broadcasting begins in Green Bay, WI
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 69,000 in 4Q 2021
- TV shipments expected to reach 217 million units in 2022
- Vodafone Portugal launches hands-free entertainment and Smart Home hub with UEI
- Evoca expands to Denver with Altitude Sports
- European Parliament agrees Digital Services Act (DSA) proposal
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 25.1% in 2021