Digital TV News: FilmFlex
TalkTalk boosts movie range with FilmFlex deal
Apr 23, 2014 – TalkTalk has announced a deal with FilmFlex Movies to bring its customers hundreds more movies on demand, with even more new releases available to rent on the same day as DVD.
News categories: TalkTalk, FilmFlex, Tristia Harrison, Jeff Henry, IPTV, UK
FilmFlex Selects Irdeto to Protect On-Demand Movies on iOS and Android Devices
Mar 5, 2013 – Irdeto (JSE: NPN) has announced that FilmFlex has selected the company to secure its premium entertainment assets on iOS and Android smartphones and tablets. FilmFlex is using Irdeto's ActiveCloak™ to ensure the content delivered by FilmFlex customers is secured according to the robustness rules imposed by studios.
News categories: Irdeto, FilmFlex, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Media Player, Smartphone, Streaming, Tablet, TV Everywhere, UK
Virgin Media brings 3D TV to UK living rooms
Sep 28, 2010 – Virgin Media (NASDAQ:VMED, LSE:VMED) has announced the launch of 3D Movies On Demand - the first digital TV service to bring cutting edge 3D straight to UK TV screens - for all Virgin Media TV customers, with a 3D-ready set top box, TV and glasses.
News categories: Virgin Media, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, Metaverse, Set Top Box, UK
Virgin Media launches online movies service
Apr 26, 2010 – Virgin Media (NASDAQ:VMED)(LSE:VMED) has announced the launch of its first online movies service: Virgin Media Online Movies. UK film fans will be able to stream their choice of film, ready to watch when they want, directly to laptops, PCs and onto TVs.
News categories: Virgin Media, Streaming, UK
Half a billion views for Virgin Media's on demand TV
Feb 12, 2009 – TV viewing habits on brink of major change Record-breaking year with 516 million on demand views in 2008 BBC iPlayer on Virgin Media approaching 100 million views 2008 was the year on demand television came of age with Virgin Media’s TV viewers watching over half a billion on demand programmes. With a record-breaking 56 million […]
News categories: Virgin Media, Cable TV, Streaming, Subscribers, UK
Virgin Media's On-Demand TV Tops 45 Million Views
Sep 26, 2008 – Virgin Media (Nasdaq:VMED) has announced a massive increase in on-demand viewing, jumping from 34 million views in January to 45 million views in August on its TV platform. This is an increase of 33 percent in less than a year.
News categories: Virgin Media, Cable TV, Digital TV, Market Research, UK
- Frost & Sullivan names Samba TV #1 in TV viewership data capability
- South Korea pay-TV revenues to grow slowly to $6.9bn by end 2026
- UK's BARB releases Establishment Survey data for Q1 2022
- Metaverse Standards Forum launched
- Tremor International makes strategic investment in VIDAA
- By 2024, U.S. traditional pay-TV to have declined to 76.7 million households
- Magnite agrees ACR data deal with LG Ads Solutions
- Amino software powers integration of pay TV and streaming at Now TV
- Global entertainment & media revenues surge to $2.3 trillion
- Yahoo appointed DSP for DIRECTV Advertising's addressable inventory
- DNA selects UEI for Android TV remote
- United Group to consolidate DTH services on a single platform
- Multiperiod DASH and PlayReady SL3000 added to HbbTV reference application
- NEXTGEN TV launches on four local TV stations in San Antonio
- Liveramp powers targeted addressable marketing on Eurosport
- Allegro DVT AV1 decoder IP supports 12-bit pixels and 4:4:4 chroma sub-sampling
- Paramount+ launches in Korea via TVING
- FreeWheel introduces linear addressable solution with AMC Networks
- Streaming captures nearly 32% of U.S. TV viewing in May
- Walmart and Roku enable e-commerce in TV ads