Digital TV News: GfK
Sales of Smart TVs up 20% in Germany in 2020
Jan 25, 2021 – According to GfK, 6.6 million Smart TVs were sold in Germany in 2020, up 20% on 2019. The share of smart TV sets that enable the use of apps or catch-up TV via HbbTV and the internet continued to rise.
News categories: Deutsche TV-Plattform, GfK, Carine Chardon, Digital TV, Germany, Market Research, Smart TV
Q1-Q3 2020 Smart TV sales up 14% in Germany
Oct 22, 2020 – Around 4.1 million smart TV sets were sold in Germany in the first nine months of 2020 according to GfK Retail & Technology - almost 14 percent more than in the previous year (Q1-Q3 2019: 3.6 million).
News categories: Deutsche TV-Plattform, GfK, Carine Chardon, Digital TV, Germany, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart TV
TCL ranked #2 in TV shipments in 2019
Mar 2, 2020 – According to Sigmaintell, TCL Electronics (01070.HK) grew strongly in overseas markets in 2019 driving the company's total TV shipments for the year to 32 million units, up 12% over the previous year.
News categories: TCL, Sigmaintell, China, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
U.S. consumers spend more time with TV than all other ad-supported media
Feb 26, 2020 – GfK, in collaboration with TVB, has announced preliminary results from the 2020 Media Comparisons Study. Key findings indicate American consumers spend more time with television than all other ad-supported media platforms.
News categories: TVB, GfK, Steve Lanzano, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
Germans watching more than 5 hours of video and TV each day
Jan 22, 2019 – According to VAUNET's Media Usage Analysis, during 2018 audiovisual media usage by Germans rose to over nine hours a day for the first time. Radio and TV continued to be by far the most frequently consumed types of media.
News categories: VAUNET, Dr. Harald Flemming, Frank Giersberg, Digital TV, Germany, Market Research, Mobile
Global market for technical consumer goods exceeded €1 trillion in 2018
Jan 7, 2019 – According to GfK, the global market for technical consumer goods (TCG) exceeded the one-trillion mark for the first time in 2018 with sales of €1.01 trillion. This is a four percent increase on the previous year.
News categories: GfK, Markus Kick, CES, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, Smart TV, Worldwide
Freeview Play devices sold in UK reach five million
Dec 19, 2018 – Freeview and Digital UK have announced that the total number of Freeview Play devices sold in the UK has now surpassed five million. Freeview Play was launched in 2015 to provide viewers of the UK’s favourite TV platform with access to live, catch up and on-demand programming.
News categories: Digital UK, Freeview, Jonathan Thompson, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, UK
High-end TVs dragging the market upwards
Aug 29, 2018 – In the first half of 2018, GfK recorded total sales of €45 billion for the global market for televisions (TV). That is about one percent more than in the same period last year, spurred by this year’s FIFA World Cup in Russia.
News categories: GfK, Digital TV, IFA, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
71% of US consumers have a TV cord and plan to keep it
Aug 27, 2018 – While cord cutting and shaving may be challenges for pay-TV providers, the vast majority of US consumers still say they are not ready to give up on these proven and deeply established sources of entertainment, according to GfK MRI research.
News categories: GfK MRI, Amy Hunt, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Satellite, USA
- LTN Global launches universal signaling for linear addressable TV advertising
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 10.4% in 2020
- Freeview Australia launches integrated HbbTV platform
- ACCESS licenses Ligada iSuite for NetFront Browser BE HbbTV testing
- PubMatic to integrate Samba TV data for CTV audience targeting
- Chinese suppliers take top three positions in TV panel shipments
- 2021 shaping up to be year of programmatic TV advertising in Europe
- WarnerMedia RIDE app now available for U.S. Toyota and Lexus owners
- discovery+ launches on Xfinity Flex and soon on X1
- CommScope to spin-off Home Networks business
- Disney+ rollout in Southern Asia going strong
- Western Europe pay TV subscribers to fall by 4 million
- Spain gives international travel authorisation for MWC21
- $18 million of Series B funding for IRIS.TV
- 8K TV households to reach 72 million worldwide by 2025
- Finecast extends TV reach with new UK ad inventory partners
- Delta Fiber selects Agama video monitoring and analytics
- CTA and NCTA extend STB energy efficiency agreement to 2025
- Altice USA completes acquisition of Morris Broadband
- MediaTek and Samsung introduce Wi-Fi 6E enabled 8K TV