Digital TV News: HD Forum
IWEDIA details 'Web on TV' projects
Sep 3, 2009 – IWEDIA Middleware has supplied details of its involvement in 'Web on TV' projects, such as HbbTV, which aim to provide a variety of Web services for Internet-connected TV sets.
News categories: IWEDIA, Content Protection, France, HbbTV, IFA, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Streaming
European Initiative Merges Television with the Power of the Internet
Aug 27, 2009 – A European consortium has announced the launch of 'Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV' or 'HbbTV', an initiative aimed at harmonising the delivery of content to the end consumer through TVs and set-top boxes with an optional web connection.
News categories: Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, HbbTV, IBC, IFA, IPTV, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, Terrestrial
France TNT HD Channels Make Move to Dolby Digital Plus
Jun 2, 2009 – Dolby Labs (NYSE:DLB) has announced that Dolby® Digital Plus has become the sole audio stream for three leading high-definition terrestrial channels broadcast on France's national Télévision Numérique Terrestre HD (TNT HD) platform.
News categories: Dolby, France, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
First Implementation of Dolby Digital Plus for HD Terrestrial TV
Oct 31, 2008 – Dolby Laboratories (NYSE:DLB) has announced that Dolby® Digital Plus and Dolby Digital have been chosen by France's new national HD terrestrial broadcasters for the Television Numerique Terrestre HD (TNT HD) platform, launched this week.
News categories: Dolby, Digital TV, France, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
- Tata Sky expands quality and availability monitoring with DataMiner
- Slow recovery in European pay TV revenues expected
- Share of smart TVs and UHD TVs in Germany continues to grow
- Vewd enables Smart TV for pay TV operators with Vestel
- LG brings more content to third-party TVs powered by webOS
- 70% of audiences reached via streaming are not reachable via linear
- t4h. Android TV remote control for SKY Brasil
- ATEME joins Google Cloud Partner Advantage Program
- discovery+ to launch in Canada on October 19
- LiveRamp launches enhanced TV platform
- Comscore enables deduplicated ad campaigns on YouTube and YouTube TV
- Four Hartford TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Vestel rolls out Red Bull TV app to Smart TVs across Europe
- Viaccess-Orca powers Vialis hybrid DTT/OTT service
- TalkTalk selects Netgem for launch of 4K TV service
- 39% of U.S. OTT viewers access video services for specific content
- 60% of UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV
- Foxtel confirms syndication of Sky Glass streaming platform
- Survey highlights attraction of interacting with streaming video
- Yahoo and Tubi partner to streamline CTV ad buying